Do we really need another Jay or Nas album?

Options
Agrv2385
Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
Think about it, jay and nas are vets in this rap game. At this point they kinda like LL and KRS one. They killed their era, put out some great albums, some duds, have an extensive discography, they legends unquestionably. So is anybody really looking forward to another album of Jay and his struggle flows? Rapping about his investments and ? . And what about Nas? he's the goat we all know that, but whats he got to talk about at this point? He been out the limelight for years, he aint really done ? but investments or what not on the low. He could go political but he's done that with untitled. So what is really left for these cats to say? Shouldnt they just ride off into the sunset on their accomplishments like legends instead? Let these new cats like kendrick, j cole, and drake get they shine on and take those top spots. It's like an NBA player still going when he know his ass cant keep up and should be retired at this point. I only ask cuz im hearing all this talk about a new nas album and a possible jay and b collab album, and im thinkin to myself. Is anybody looking forward to that at this point. Maybe moreso a Nas album cuz well...... its Nas. i saw KRS one just put out an album recently and im like really? people still checkin for him??

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The radio been forcing some pretty good Jay tracks lately

Maybe I shy away from the rumors but I see how dude could have his own vibe
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you a legend you get that benefit of the the doubt. As much as I haven't liked Jay's material the last few years if he dropped an album today I'd at least check for it because of the track record overall. Nas on the other hand does have some recent great albums & his next one seems pretty anticipated even in mainstream standards. If they never drop another album its fine, but if they feel they can hit another out the park why not. Rap shouldn't have this type of "step aside let the younger men take over" mentality anyways. Legends in other genres still crank out albums & even hits well into their older years.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall only worried bout Jay tho
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL last year there was a whole lot of rappers in their 40s dropping albums: good ones too

Why single out only NaS and Jay?
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Nas' case, I thought that he should follow up Life Is Good to build on the growth and maturity he showed on that album. I like when Hip Hop grows up with me. If we keep putting an age limit on this music, we will be less and less likely to get an album like Tribe's last one, and be stuck with music of a younger mindset, forcing us out of the culture also as aging hip hop heads. I like some of the things the younger generation is doing, but my pedigree of 80's and 90's rap gives me a certain preference.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dam. Why the ? would we not......I got a feeling Life is Good put Nas is a certain creative place. He been taking his time, but I expect a classic on his next album. He got "masterpiece" on his mind
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Damn right I want another Jigga album and will cop a Nas one also whenever they drop.

Them two come from the era I grew up on and are the two still doing it at a high level still why wouldn't I plus with all the bullshittin out now hearin them two holds me down and away from all this mumble
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL last year there was a whole lot of rappers in their 40s dropping albums: good ones too

Why single out only NaS and Jay?

Same way I feel, they act like they are the standard
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    were gonna always need another jay and nas lp, they're both still healthy, neither has fallen off. If i was either jay or nas i would just release 10 unreleased tracks to get people ready for the LP Nas can drop a lost tapes etc there core fans are and always will be waiting for new music. I'm pre ordering asap when the time comes
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't really care too much for a ja album after that magna Carta samsung money grab..however I'll always accept a nas album w open arms
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id rather have a new Nas album.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just need lost tapes vol 2 and 3.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We dont NEED more jay or nas albums but I definitely want them

First day cop for either
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feelins shall be caught
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I just need lost tapes vol 2 and 3.

Good call. Both prolly got some sick ? just collectin dust.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i picked jay and nas cuz they the upper echelon of rap. I aint about to ask if anyone wanna hear a nelly album cuz i know the answer. I agree that compared to whats out now yeah, they can still do it. But because you CAN still do it does that mean you SHOULD? Look at kobe? should he really have played out those last few years even though he could? we had to watch him sit out half the season and hoist up horrible shots a whole season. Then finally at the end he gave us a performance last game. I mean lets be real how many of yall even listen to magna carta anymore after it dropped? I agree though id like to see nas build on life is good but his ass be taking wayyyyyy too long. I mean if i wanna hear dope jay ima go listen to BP or Black album cuz at this point no way he's topping the albums he's put out already. I have no desire to listen to jay struggle rap about his paintings and investments for a whole nother album. I knew jay was starting to wind down when i heard the ? travestys that are BBC and ROC, stretching out words to fit the cadence. Believe me pains me to say cuz i been jay and nas fans my entire life but its like watchin kobe at this point.
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt mind.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas last album was a classic to me so another album from him would be great. Jay-Z on the otherhand i could do without due to him just sounding uninspired and throwing subpar ? (MCHG)out there.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is stupid. I dont listen to music to see if a rapper has solidified his legacy or not.

I listen for good music.

Ima fan of both, so ima always check for new ? from artists ima fan of.