edited May 2017 in The Reason
https://youtu.be/nuYSteLH104

Ghetto Mafia-Straight from the Dec

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Them pre Olympic days are long gone. The rest of the 90s was pretty off the hook too. I get kinda nastalgic for the pre olympic days. After that it just...got crowded and crazy.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't speak to that atlanta but a ? miss Central Station, Body Tap, and Dancers Elite on a Saturday night
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On Headland and Delowe...
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't speak to that atlanta but a ? miss Central Station, Body Tap, and Dancers Elite on a Saturday night

? first time I came to Atlanta I went to the station . Line wrapped around the corner. ? was on the poles taking they clothes off. Bottles were cheap. ? everywhere and available. I went to dancers elite on Marietta street it was cool but pinups was the ? . Atlanta is forever my ?
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the new atlanta
    the old atlanta was 10x better
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no feelings just speaking facts
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freaknik visions 112 frequency ESPN zone body tap places not closing so early
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pre-Olympic days? How old are you ? ? Yall in ya 40's?

Mid 30s :/
  • NoCompetition
    edited May 2017
    Options

Haha old enough to have been around. was like a whole different place. Take the traffic down to "not even really an issue" range. Not seeing or knowing about that era isnt exactly an accomplishment. In many ways it was superior. There was so much...It was its own city. Im happy to have been there there is no frame of reference today.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dawg...Who you telling.???

I was just a Kid but We had real CULTURE then.

Hittin the Oomp Camp shop to cop the newest DJ Jelly tapes and Baby D album.

Ghetto Mafia was killin ? for the Eastside, Kilo Ali, Raheem the Dream, Dungeon Family was in full force, Lil Jon was emerging from the Bass Scene and transitioning into Crunk.
    We still had some Housing Projects left, Cascade for Westside... Golden Glide for the Eastside, the car culture, Everybody held events OUTSIDE. Glenwood day and the other Hood Days was Major ? , and you knew ? was gonna get shot up but you still went anyways.

We not even gon talk about Freaknik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlwK_lxCDr0
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    Options

Word, ? was just as poppin round this ? in the early 2000s if not more sans Freaknik
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol Im 35. u gotta realize for folk in Bama South Carolina Mississippi.... u came to Atl to party and hang out as a getaway from the country.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh i swear........this goes through my mind in alot of threads
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

lol Im 35. u gotta realize for folk in Bama South Carolina Mississippi.... u came to Atl to party and hang out as a getaway from the country.

I know it, I stay here and from Arkansas. "I flew here" as Tity Boi would say. I'm 31....I remember the OGs talking about how lit it was when they visited there. Idk, pre Olympics days was 21 years ago. Folks talking about the "good ol' days" when they were 13 years old.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ghetto Mafia was killin ? for the Eastside, Kilo Ali, Raheem the Dream, Dungeon Family was in full force, Lil Jon was emerging from the Bass Scene and transitioning into Crunk.
    We still had some Housing Projects left, Cascade for Westside... Golden Glide for the Eastside, the car culture, Everybody held events OUTSIDE. Glenwood day and the other Hood Days was Major ? , and you knew ? was gonna get shot up but you still went anyways.

See this my era right after freak nic got nixed. Im 29. Big Oomp, Baby D, Intoxicated, Sammy Sam, Pastor Troy, Young Bloodz etc. THE ? BOUNCE! Didnt troy own it? Then when Central Station was the go to on a saturday nights.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should write a rap about it in the style of Kanye's Miss The Old Kanye
  • NoCompetition
    edited May 2017
    Options

Man used to go to Golden glide in elementary school. We could walk to that righ in the hood. (it woulda been a pretty long walk but possible) got rides.
    "Made moves, broke free, New Deal , big D" We used to walk to South Dekalb mall as teens. The 90s was my teen years. Went to Freaknic 94 probably greatest ever...wasnt nothin like that before of since there was all kinda stuff. Used to catch the 86 it would go up Wesley Chapel then get on 20 and go straight downtown to 5 points hang out downtown. those were my teen years. Last time I looked I guess its the 186 now dont know where that goes. Caught the 15 Candler rd. Old school Decatur. Its amazing here now but, its not the same as it was then. Just a whole different story.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I miss the old in a lot of cities, smh
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GOAT post sir!!

I miss hood ass Central Station! I would still be pullin' up @ 2/3 a.m. and shut that ? down if it was still open.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JonnyRoccIT

Your post makes me almost wanna shed a thug tear. lol
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

? first time I came to Atlanta I went to the station . Line wrapped around the corner. ? was on the poles taking they clothes off. Bottles were cheap. ? everywhere and available. I went to dancers elite on Marietta street it was cool but pinups was the ? . Atlanta is forever my ?

It's nothing like it bruh. I tell my ? back home in LA all the time: Secret Sunday's and Stars and all the ? ? think pop in Cali ain't got ? on regular clubs like the Station in atl. A ? would hit Pinups or the Flame or even 255 on Peters St. After that ? close, a ? would head over to the Station.

? was the true essence of atlanta. Had hood ? stripping on stage, ? and broads in the cut doing lines, hoes working in that muthafucka, etc. I've gotten sucked up numerous times in that little cut between the speaker and the kitchen. That's another thing: the lemon pepper wings at the Station may have been the best in the city. True life. ? parking lot pimping on the let out, heading over to the waffle house to pull a late night ? , or just ? in the car on the dirt parking lot lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I've never been to Atlanta
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Goat post... I miss the Atlanta from 1996-2007. I lived in Decatur off covington hwy, Sandy Springs and off roswell Road during those years. Great times. Back when Luda was still on 97.9 (not hot 107.9)
    Even that snap music ? wasn't bad.
    Rip Shawty lo