4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So last Nas album was majority No ID produced and now Jay Z. Not mad about it. I keep saying Nas should do it again with No ID
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it official that No I.D will be handling the beats or is it a rumor?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    So last Nas album was majority No ID produced and now Jay Z. Not mad about it. I keep saying Nas should do it again with No ID

This or he should give the fans what we want and do an album produced by DJ Premier.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    FOH JJ

Your ? isnt gettin stickied

Get over it

Who are you and why does it matter to you?.....Please stay in your lane, goofy.

I legit made this thread over two weeks ago, thus the subject belongs to me.

This guy so happy now

He acts like we get paid for this ?

Right? A dude crying over who gets credit as thread-starter, calling somebody else "goofy"
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Politics as Usual, What more can I Say.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    4:44

22 2's?

He did 44 4s at a concert after canibus did 33 3s years ago.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill have to download it, no expectations from me. At worst itll still have a few great jay songs, cant hate on that.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How Jay Z can reclaim his crown as the greatest rapper of all time

GettyImages-634807266.jpg

With his thirteenth album ‘4:44’ fast approaching, how can Hova regain his majestic rap mojo?

Hova or over? For the massed mainstream public Jay Z stands as rap’s towering Colossus, the genre’s breakthrough stadium kingpin, hip-hop’s first Untouchable. But for many of his long-term faithful, he’s lost the blueprint. As he’s embraced crowd-pleasing pop techniques and arena attitudes in his post-hiatus second era he’s lost his fundamental edge, they’d argue, surpassed by upstarts like Kendrick Lamar and his own one-time apprentice Kanye West, which is a bit like Alan Davies ultimately outwitting Sandi Toksvig.

So as his thirteenth album ‘4:44’ hits a very specific part of the internet on June 30, what can it do to overturn the underwhelming nicey-niceyness of 2013’s ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ and return Jay Z to the very peak of the rap pyramid? Here are some suggestions.

Make up with Kanye West

It seems unlikely, considering Kanye only recently had to try to communicate with Jay via onstage rant and accused him of actual murder, but it can’t be denied that many of Jay-Z’s finest moments were the result of his work with Kanye – if not the Lennon & McCartney of rap then at least the Simon & Garfuckyouwhywon’ttheygivemeaclothinglinevotetrump. Their dislocation helps nobody, and while the likes of Timbaland, Pharrell, Swizz Beats and No ID will undoubtedly be representing Jay’s classic production line-up alongside a host of new-found beatmaking talent, without Kanye involved Jay’s albums tend to lack that inspired, unhinged, bears-on-acid-let-loose-in-a-synth-shop feel.

Ditch the formulas

His eyes on the prize of total cultural ? , Jay has of late slipped into the trap of repeating formulas he knows will prove popular. Sure, he did this in the first part of his career too, when he wrote more tracks about growing up selling drugs in Brooklyn than Andrew WK has had hot keg parties and trawled Broadway looking for showstoppers to sample. But when ‘Magna Carta…’ featured yet another duet with Beyonce about lovebirds on the run and predictable inventory checks on the most expensive artworks, jewelleries and fancy clothes that he’d bought since ‘Watch The Throne’ it was all starting to get as tiresome and repetitive as everything Theresa May has ever said. ‘4:44’ needs to be the record where Jay rediscovers his unpredictable, pioneering nature or risk slipping into irrelevance.

Give his State Of The Nation address

During the Obama era, given glimpses of the control panel of the world, Jay Z was flexing his political muscle. He attacked racism and oppression relentlessly, decried greedy lobbyists on the Great Gatsby soundtrack, bit back against criticism of his trip to Cuba on ‘Open Letter’ while boasting of his “White House clearance” and dug into the FBI links to Malcolm X’s death on ‘F.U.T.W.’ In interviews he would praise the uprisings of the Arab Spring, denounce US politicians for keeping black people down and get angry about the shooting of Trayvon Martin and inherent racism in the US prison system. “Politics – it’s a bunch of liars [with] self-interest,” he told The Guardian. “It’s not about the people, it’s about themselves and their rise to power. They are voting on things based on whether they will have the support of the people when they vote next time. They don’t have the ? to say, ‘I believe in this, I don’t care what happens’. And until that changes, nothing is going to get fixed; you’re still going to have 14-year-olds in cities with AK-47s.”

So as Trump’s America falls apart around its (hairpiece-glued) ears and environmental/nuclear catastrophe rushes on 140 characters at a time, there’s surely enough material at hand for Jay’s Big Political Statement Album. America is crying out for a record to make sense of the chaos the world has been plunged into and the cultural left needs a totemic call to arms to rally behind. Make it ‘4:44’.

Get less Beyoncé in general

Now don’t get us wrong, we all love a Jay’n’Bey collab. But whereas, back in 2003, it seemed like Jay’s thug life was turning Beyoncé into gangsta rap’s most glamorous moll, these days it’s more like Jay’s jagged edges have been glossed over with his wife’s heroics. I mean, tuxedo duets with Justin Timberlake? ‘Reasonable Doubt’ Jay-Z is turning in his shallow grave. Jay has always sounded better assimilating rock, metal or leftfield electronica into his music; his forays into pop have sounded at best anodyne and at worst grasping and desperate. So ditch the pop, Jay, and yes that means not copying the whole ‘visual album’ thing.

Separate music from business

In pursuit of his billion-dollar target, Jay has been canny in recognising that the only serious money in modern music is coming from dovetail syncs, commercial tie-ins and soul-flogging sponsorship partnerships. ‘Magna Carta…’ was released in association with Samsung – and caught fire just as easily – while ‘4:44’ joins the growing ranks of high-profile records being released seemingly with the express intent of gathering subscribers to Tidal. Fair play to Jay for building such a successful and profitable business empire in everything from champagne to shoes to sports teams, but when it creeps so deeply into his music it cheapens his art and makes it all the more obvious that the struggling music business is all about stroking our eardrums with one hand while rummaging in our pockets with the other.

Don’t mention the twins

Enough with the soppy dad raps, already. No-one’s ever gonna make a billi doing nappy-rap…

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/jay-z-444-greatest-rapper-2090276#6QDqxtOSkpEccrwS.99
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What type of bullahit is that^^^
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear it seems for the last few Jay albums, some people go "who is checking for in Jay album anymore"?

Yet Jay will go on to have like 6 hits from that album and go platinum, ic thread wise and actual sales
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear it seems for the last few Jay albums, some people go "who is checking for in Jay album anymore"?

Yet Jay will go on to have like 6 hits from that album and go platinum, ic thread wise and actual sales

When he dropped the song with Beyonce a few months ago, ? where asking that question...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

This or he should give the fans what we want and do an album produced by DJ Premier.

Naw b
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Great news if true... at this stage in his musical career (and his age) he can/should ride with just one producer on an entire album
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    FOH JJ

Your ? isnt gettin stickied

Get over it

Who are you and why does it matter to you?.....Please stay in your lane, goofy.

I legit made this thread over two weeks ago, thus the subject belongs to me.

This guy so happy now

He acts like we get paid for this ?

Really.........Really..............REALLY!?!?!?!?

You log into this site and go around threads backseat moderating, yet you have the nerve to accuse others of taking this ? seriously and "acting like we get paid for this ? "?......Youz a clown.

On top of that.........on top of that..........ON TOP OF THAT!!!!.......I got receipts!!!!

Look Below.....................

TheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 12,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

July 2015
    DPG straight to Redbox release

Why you thread jackin tho...

You know damn well there is already a thread on this

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/533772/straight-outta-compton-movie-official-thread-8-14/p1

Two years ago in the 'Compton' thread, you basically did the same thing to me that you're in here ? about.

You're a hatin' ass hypocrite.................

KDHypocrisyMeter.gif
    ih7goj.gif

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just always see u running around always tryn beg for thread stickies like a puppy beggin for a biscuit.

But keep doin u, dream big
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What features would people want?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What features would people want?

Devin the Dude
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭