• 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adnis joint is deep Yo! Right up there with where have u been
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started listening to this today.

Never been a big Jay fan so take this with a grain of salt. But this is the most complete album I've heard in a long time. Maybe ever. And this coming from a guy with the King Fu Kenny avy

There is no fat or filler. No skips, been on repeat all day in the background
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Jay's flows were lazy throughout the album. His wordplay was basic, especially for him. Damn maintains its title for album of the year.

C/S...LIKE ON THE TITLE TRACK...
    I WAS WAITING HIM TO SAY SOMETHING OR FLOW...
    ? IS THE MOST RELUCTANT SONG OF ALL TIME...
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mysonne spits over "The Story Of O.J."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDMz_IfXD9U

The lyrics aren't wack, he just don't know how to rap over this beat....I like the message
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    i hope more rappers follow this shorter album format. give me your best 35 to 45 minutes of content. ? having 17 tracks and the back end being trash.

I wouldn't be mad at this but they need to adjust the price of albums if that's the case. I didn't buy Bruno's 24k Magic album cause it was $13-14 for a 9 track album

the price isn't an issue to me because i only buy albums a few times a year max. I will be buying 4:44 and last year i bought coles joint. Everything else i get 9.99 via i tunes like damn from kendrick or just stream only via apple music.

Bruno make a 9 track album but for fans of that genre it's worth the 13 bucks physical or 9.99 digitally.

I might be wrong, but I've always heard that artists traditionally get paid by labels based on 12 track albums anyway. Before cds, few albums were more than 12 tracks.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it come up today on my google music...? makes me wanna light up cigar and pour some cognac.

I had whatever expectations (didn't enter the thread until today) ? fire
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at jay promoting the album in North Korea
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mysonne spits over "The Story Of O.J."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDMz_IfXD9U

I thought it was dope, I been a Mysonne fan since the end of the 90s...

Michael-Jordan-Shrug-After-3-Pointer.gif
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol at jay promoting the album in North Korea

Really??? lol he get Rodman to sneak a few CDs over to Kim Jung Un???

BIIUmgvCUAAbrEJ.jp

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New favorite song is Marcy Me that song feel like it came straight off of Blueprint.... This album really makes you see how bad hip hop around this album is right now it makes you not wanna listen to nothing new out
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    New favorite song is Marcy Me that song feel like it came straight off of Blueprint.... This album really makes you see how bad hip hop around this album is right now it makes you not wanna listen to nothing new out

Assume a virtue if you have not
    Or better yet here's a verse from Hamlet
    "Lord, we know who we are
    Yet we know not what we may be"
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That OJ Story video is tight. I aint still aint a fan of the beats, but i love the message.

So I guess thats the line that got ? in they feelings, but the man aint said nothing wrong. Dude just casually gave some good advice, aint even name names.

Im thinking folks like Boosie low key know they out here wreckless and guilt is kicking in, so they lash out. ? need to get they egoes out the way.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every single event that I've been to since the 4th of July has been bumpin this album. Damn near every whip is bangin 'Family Affair'.

Jigga took over the summer!
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This album reminds me of when Jay said if he could, he rap like Kweli and/or common if the dollars and cents. He is there now- mature rap. The theme of a few songs reminds me of the Life is Good/untitled feel.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

It's get better every time I listen to it.

Hov called new ? spoofs
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    beyonce fans are annoying...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay finally grew up on this album. Finally made music the common man can relate too. That bragadocious ? can only get you so far. I think he also took a page from TPAB when he was brainstorming his beat selection.