4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    As much as I like this album a week later I’m only bumping Family Feud, Bam, Moonlight and Marcy Me.

As for comparisons with DAMN there is nothing that slaps like DNA, rides like Yah, hard as ? , relatable as Fear or deep as Duckworth.

Adnis should have been on the track list. Why did he pull it?

Don't sleep on '? '. When the baseline comes in, that joint rides.

But 444>>DAMN...jay is just the more polished rapper at this point. Kendrick is can get there eventually
    Bar for bar it goes to Hov but musically and thematically I prefer DAMN.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    As much as I like this album a week later I’m only bumping Family Feud, Bam, Moonlight and Marcy Me.

As for comparisons with DAMN there is nothing that slaps like DNA, rides like Yah, hard as ? , relatable as Fear or deep as Duckworth.

Don't sleep on '? '. When the baseline comes in, that joint rides.

My new favourite jawn on that record. The way he applies a day in the life of the average ? /sista with his lyrics even now he's a major superstar was dope AF...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    can someone please explain this "lazy flow" complaint I keep hearing?

i don't hear lazy on this album...and the production was pretty damn good to me.

This is why people are saying ya'll are stanning. It's fair to say that you don't mind the flow, but the ? ain't even rapping on half the songs. He's basically talking to the beat. Go listen to literally any other Jay album and then listen to this one. If you don't see why people are saying he has a lazy flow, I don't know what to tell you.

so it's lazy becuz he didn't finish the song?

he didn't finish Beach is Better or Versus on his last joint was that lazy?....cuz it could've simply been done like that on purpose....outside of Marcy Me...where else was he "lazy"?...cuz he picked it right back up on Marcy Me IMO....i've listened to all jay's albums and the one thing I can take from the last 4-5 albums is they're all different so i dont see why the way he rapped on this album is considered lazy...but these new ? steady repeating bars over and over again and that's considered hot

and i may be wrong but i could've sworn that in an interview on Sway back in the day that was the thing he was actually applauded for...his flow.....cuz it sounded like he's talking so why is this such a problem now 20 years later?...he's always "talked" on or to the beat on songs and he's always changing up his flow.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who in here with the ? ? that ya'll want booted

im trying to experiment with something
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    who in here with the ? ? that ya'll want booted

im trying to experiment with something

Bruh, use my screenname. If it works I'll just have someone unban me. @AP21
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    This thread should still be stickied. Highlights the problem with hip hop these days. Fast consumption.

A great album like this should stay stickied for a month minimum.

I have no idea why they unstickied it.

There is plenty of conversation left to be had. On top of that, this is arguably the hottest thread that the IC has had all year.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    This thread should still be stickied. Highlights the problem with hip hop these days. Fast consumption.

A great album like this should stay stickied for a month minimum.

Quoted and goated
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I disagree, but I will say this..........

'Feel' is the best song out of anything on both albums.........But, one of these Jigga songs may surpass it after I get a few more listens.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

I disagree, but I will say this..........

'Feel' is the best song out of anything on both albums.........But, one of these Jigga songs may surpass it after I get a few more listens.

Feel is my fav on Damn.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @illbot, can you please show our brother @LcnsdbyROYALTY the door from this thread?

we trying to do an experiment
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao u have to be a Mod Ap.

But for the experiment sake, u can't @ illbot. Just say his name without @.
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And he already told yoingns to pull their pants up on the people talking joint... obviously sum cats haven't been listening to jigga earlier...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

DNA bangs in the whip. However the gems that jay dropped in this album are more solid than kendrick ? which is good but covered up by kendrick rapping it fast or with a unique flow.

When i hear DNA or anything from Damn at this point i get the message. But even still on the 10 or 11th listen thru of ? from 4:44 i still am catching ? for the first time and appreciating it.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really want Jay to retire after this come in with a classic retire with a classic then come out of retirement and retire again with a classic.... You can't beat that