• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

i think Dell gon get fleeced by himself

he gon overpay for Jrue instead of letting the market determine is value

Market determining his value = Another team signing him.He's not an rfa

You have to overpay to retain him or he's walking

By how much though. 30 per year is too much. Aint nobody maxing him out. Might as well let him walk instead of pulling a Mike Conley.

They still have to Max out Boogie.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jrue about to be the highest paid person on the Pels...

Oh my stars :s
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

:#
    caddo man wrote: »

i think Dell gon get fleeced by himself

he gon overpay for Jrue instead of letting the market determine is value

Market determining his value = Another team signing him.He's not an rfa

You have to overpay to retain him or he's walking

By how much though. 30 per year is too much. Aint nobody maxing him out. Might as well let him walk instead of pulling a Mike Conley.

They still have to Max out Boogie.

Can't risk finding out,there were other teams interested.Holliday walks pelicans have 16 mil in cap space and no starting pg.
  • caddo man
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

If they are at the least competent, He should not make more than AD or Boogie. He is the 3rd wheel and should be paid as such.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

There's a team out there where their highest paid player is bismack biyombo

But Thomas said y'all have 16 mil if he walks...you can still get a Derrick rose or a jeff Teague POSSIBLY for that

Actually pairing up rose with the worst medical staff in the league isn't smart forget what I said. Sign Jrue and then root for an extremely top heavy team for the future
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is crazy.

How the ? Tulane up the block from the arena but our medical staff is terrible.

Amazing
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? is crazy.

How the ? Tulane up the block from the arena but our medical staff is terrible.

Amazing

Benson had the saints medical staff rehabbing the pelicans

smh
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and man, the Knicks just knicking. I know whats going on. They thinking about hiring David Griffin, and I know its because they think they have a chance at Bron if they do, and they thinking about Sam Presti cause they think they have a chance at Westbrook if they do. smh. Just get someone that has paid his dues, has a clear plan, a clear philosophy, and let dude build up step by step.
  • AP21
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    yo im not even trolling when I say this, but I hear the Pelicans are gonna make Jrue the highest paid pg in the league.

and then someone else will be the highest paid next year

i know its the fun thing to do to ? the jokes, but once you understand how the CBA works, its not hard to believe that he will command that kinda salary

put it like this. I just want to see a healthy team to bring some life to the city and not be the stepchild to the saints. I watch the games for different reasons

if we're being honest, i know its easy for us to sit here an analyze contracts like this one and Evan Turner or Mike Conley, but man, im all about these dudes getting the most money they can.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    yo im not even trolling when I say this, but I hear the Pelicans are gonna make Jrue the highest paid pg in the league.

i know its the fun thing to do to ? the jokes, but once you understand how the CBA works, its not hard to believe that he will command that kinda salary

put it like this. I just want to see a healthy team to bring some life to the city and not be the stepchild to the saints. I watch the games for different reasons

if we're being honest, i know its easy for us to sit here an analyze contracts like this one and Evan Turner or Mike Conley, but man, im all about these dudes getting the most money they can.

huge difference, and I'm sure we both agree, is that Jrue dont deserve that contract. When Mike Conley became the highest paid player, it was cool, hes that good. When Westbrook, Curry, Wall etc. become the highest paid pg even for a year, its cool, but Jrue? yall ? up.

I get that the Pelicans cant get free agents, so they gotta keep who they can, but past the fact that Jrue is just not that good, but hes also injury prone. Yall bout to ? up your next 5 years.

But, I rather it be yall then us cause the Knicks liable to do some dumb ? like that too.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know salaries are relative to the current cap and landscape and all that, but man, some ? just don't seem right. Jrue and highest paid anything shouldn't ever go together.
  • Beta
    Options
    I'm all for jrue getting that money

I want the pelicans to be ?
  • caddo man
    Options
    pelicans let rue walk sign korver sign shabazZ to start and try to get my mans snell for the bench that's the 8th seed atleast

Who is the point though?

I do like Shabazz as a 15 minute a game wing though.
  • Beta
    Options
    pelicans let rue walk sign korver sign shabazZ to start and try to get my mans snell for the bench that's the 8th seed atleast

Who is the point though?

Rio
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

eh backwards move for otto basketball wise he was coming up in dc and he ws a solidified starter but financially ? it go ahead wiz aint winning no chips

He's restricted it's not necessarily in his hands
  • caddo man
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Who is the point though?

Rio

Yo every time you bring up his name it reminds me of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRv_NZxzYDQ
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kings going after gallinari n millsap

Id rather have galli
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Who is the point though?

Rio

Yo every time you bring up his name it reminds me of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRv_NZxzYDQ

Man get this disrespectful ? outta here
  • AP21
    Options

huge difference, and I'm sure we both agree, is that Jrue dont deserve that contract. When Mike Conley became the highest paid player, it was cool, hes that good. When Westbrook, Curry, Wall etc. become the highest paid pg even for a year, its cool, but Jrue? yall ? up.

I get that the Pelicans cant get free agents, so they gotta keep who they can, but past the fact that Jrue is just not that good, but hes also injury prone. Yall bout to ? up your next 5 years.

But, I rather it be yall then us cause the Knicks liable to do some dumb ? like that too.

its not about what he deserves, its about the leverage he has to negotiate