Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Doc is getting a pass as a great coach from the gift wrapped finals victory thanks to mchale and danny ainge and because he is excellent with the media

Im thankful for 08 but I completely co-sign this post. Awful at player development, it took ray Allen getting hurt for him to give Avery minutes. Predictable as hell at the end of games with the play calling. With the game on the line it was always get ray a 3 off the screen or a pierce iso on the elbow. Also the only coach in Celtics history to blow a 3-2 series lead, this mawfucka did that 3 times. Thibs deserves the same amount of credit for 08 doc was the motivator lol

And 08 coulda been different even with that great defense if the lakers had bynum and ariza to guard pierce. They had luke walton and radmonovich guarding pierce

09 coulda been different too if KG didn't get hurt, so let's not go full what if mode. Looking back at the 08 run we really went 7 games in the 1st two rounds then 6 in the last 2, that was like the hardest working championship ever lls
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The legalization of sports betting in the United States has been a hot topic, especially since the Supreme Court agreed in late June to hear New Jersey's appeal in the state's long-running quest to offer legalized sports betting.

It came to the forefront again Tuesday night in New York City when the commissioners of all four major U.S. sports leagues (Roger Goodell, Adam Silver, Rob Manfred, Gary Bettman) gathered for a panel titled "GameChangers: Creating the Future of Sports" at the Paley Center for Media.

"My sense is the law will change in the next few years in the United States," Silver said when asked about gambling.

He also stressed the importance of in-game wagering to fan engagement, noting, "People want to bet throughout the game ... It results in enormous additional engagement with the fans."

Ima be broke
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    The legalization of sports betting in the United States has been a hot topic, especially since the Supreme Court agreed in late June to hear New Jersey's appeal in the state's long-running quest to offer legalized sports betting.

It came to the forefront again Tuesday night in New York City when the commissioners of all four major U.S. sports leagues (Roger Goodell, Adam Silver, Rob Manfred, Gary Bettman) gathered for a panel titled "GameChangers: Creating the Future of Sports" at the Paley Center for Media.

"My sense is the law will change in the next few years in the United States," Silver said when asked about gambling.

He also stressed the importance of in-game wagering to fan engagement, noting, "People want to bet throughout the game ... It results in enormous additional engagement with the fans."

Ima be broke

Just dont bet on the Cavs to win the finals like dumb ? be doin and you should be straight
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Adam silver easily the most open minded commissioner in sports, just need to completely eliminate drug testing and he's good
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Adam silver easily the most open minded commissioner in sports, just need to completely eliminate drug testing and he's good

So HGH is okay?

Nah I mean they need to take weed off the list. They do 4 random tests a year hgh is wrong and anyone who uses it should eat a suspension. But it's trash to get suspended for weed
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Damn the human victory cigar is retired and working with Phoenix

Shoutout to the legend

(This gotta be my last post for 3 hours until the thread hits another page because hindus and dickriders lurkin in the cut)
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Shoutout to the legend

(This gotta be my last post for 3 hours until the thread hits another page because hindus and dickriders lurkin in the cut)

Lmao.

It's a world outside of the IC bruh. Go check it out

But I'm at work during an 11 hr shift...stop trolling me you ? swami and talk basketball on this dying forum
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Shoutout to the legend

Lmao.

It's a world outside of the IC bruh. Go check it out

But I'm at work during an 11 hr shift...

Word???

That's what's up.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shoutout to the legend

Who???
  • Beta
    Options

Shoutout to the legend

Who???

Shizlansky will tell you
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Shoutout to the legend

Who???

James jones, same position was available for the cavs but he was like nah I'm good lol. Role players have made good GM's and phoenix has a lot of young talent so it wouldn't surprise me if he did well in that position
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man y'all let beta live lol

It's far worse posters y'all be lettin cook. Me included
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doc is getting a pass as a great coach from the gift wrapped finals victory thanks to mchale and danny ainge and because he is excellent with the media

Im thankful for 08 but I completely co-sign this post. Awful at player development, it took ray Allen getting hurt for him to give Avery minutes. Predictable as hell at the end of games with the play calling. With the game on the line it was always get ray a 3 off the screen or a pierce iso on the elbow. Also the only coach in Celtics history to blow a 3-2 series lead, this mawfucka did that 3 times. Thibs deserves the same amount of credit for 08 doc was the motivator lol

My biggest problem with Doc was his playoff rotations, back in 04-05 after we traded back for Toine we were the second hottest team in the league besides Denver, we were on a collision course with Detroit but then the playoffs start and Doc decides to outcoach himself, Ricky Davis took on the 6th man role, was happy in the role he thrived in the role but when the playoffs start he decides to start him and bench TA, there goes all of our bench scoring, then he phased Mark Blount, yea Mark Blount but regardless of what you think he probably had his best year, his mid range jumper was automatic that year and he was disruptive enough defensively with his 7 foot frame, instead we had Toine at times playing the 5 with Foster and JO on the floor, I couldn't comprehend the ? we got killed in the paint and could never recover, we should of made the ecf and could of built off that instead a first round exit and of course everything went downhill after that, worked out in the end though

Fast forward to 2008, looking like a sweep after we go up 2-0 on the Hawks, then it unravels, this fool completely phased Eddie House out the rotation and let's Cassell close out games instead of Rondo, out of his own mouth he says he's going with experience, yet when there were rumors of Cassell going to the Celtics after a buyout Rondo took the ? personal and was killing Cassell in a game against the Clips

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OdV7y2iKqJY

Had him in his emotions, Rondo was clearly the better player, washed Cassell killed us and it wasn't till game 6 Doc finally figured it out and started playing House

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EluvONxvrZ4

First part of the video was that Atlanta series, we were lacking that energy

Then there's the Knicks series a few years back but I'm done typing
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Bulls should make a play for Hinkie
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

:o

zach lowe said that houston trade aint happenin unless the rockets give up picks to move anderson, there is no 4th team to help facilitate it and portland won't help either.Knicks aren't buying melo out and they didn't like any offers they got.
  • AZTG
    Options
    If Melo goes to portland, who gonna play defense when dame, cj, and melo are on the floor?
  • AZTG
    Options
    @beta gonna end up being right, we bringing the same team back, Melo aint going nowhere at this rate.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    If Melo goes to portland, who gonna play defense when dame, cj, and melo are on the floor?

What are the Knicks looking to get in return for Melo? And can the Blazers make it happen without involving a third team?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turner/Harkless/19 pick unprotected
  • Beta
    Options
    Turner/Harkless/19 pick unprotected

That's WAY too much for the Knicks to take back for melo

That's 82 mil over three years in addition to THJ and Noah

The pick they would get back would be late lottery at best also like #14