2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Hes gone...inb4 lost 20 pounds/improved jumper...boston cacs will turn there back as soon as hes gone

Gonna hinge on if he shoots above 40% from the field he's looked good in the preseason so far but it's gotta be consistent
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it had to be done......
  • TheBossman
    Options
    Philly crazy no way in hell he woulda got that if I was gm.

what choice they had? he's the franchise, you had to take that gamble......
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Pretty much. We all saw this coming, but I really wish someone could've taken a step back before giving out damn near $30M per.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Fam he s averaged 10 games played per season in the past 3 seasons.......
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cowherd was killin philly sports last week, he gon have a field day now !
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They could've waited and let him become a restricted free agent, ie. letting the market dictate how much they should pay him.

They can match anything thrown his way. They pretty much bid against themselves.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well damn @ 148 mil

I been saying this its risky as hell but you gotta roll the dice on dude. In his few games hes shown that hes a gamechanger on both ends so you basically not even paying for potential he just needs to stay healthy. The contract has salary cap protection in some type of form if he misses too many games so I'm cool with him getting the max

Maybe letting him test the market wouldve been smarter financially but that could have come back to bite us in a few years too. Look at how the Jazz lost Hayward who caught feelings over the way they made him wait in 14 and then bounced as soon as he could

Just gon have to wait and see
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what's you folks over/under on Embiid playing 65 games this season?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Tatum’s season almost just ended before it started
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Semi with terrible timing there. On another note those players ainge can't draft look good compared to the future superstars in philly
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eric Gordon been shooting lights out all preseason, if he can just stay healthy he should able to win 6th man of the year again easy.....He was a borderline all star through January which is when the team as a whole started struggling and then the Lou Will trade(which I did like) kind of blurred his role on the team and his production took a hit

Now he'll be back to having a defined role and getting good looks playing alongside Harden or Paul at all times as a spot up shooter
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stauskas needs to get fined for shooting
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Stauskas needs to get fined for shooting

lol damn I thought his shooting was finally on the come up after last season which wasn't great but was a big improvement from the previous year
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Don't understand why the starters are back on the court
  • TheBossman
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Semi with terrible timing there. On another note those players ainge can't draft look good compared to the future superstars in philly

its pre-season and y'all overall the better team, of course y'all rookies gonna look better in comparison.

admit it, you wanted fultz, that's ok.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Great performance from our young guys S/O to rozier, smart, semi ojeyle, jaylen, nader and bird for their double figure efforts. Reddick, embiid, and Covington better hit hella 3's this year cuz fultz and Simmons didn't even look at the basket outside of 10 feet tonight. Both finished well around the basket but I'm not on the Simmons fan club
  • BlackAX410
    Options

its pre-season and y'all overall the better team, of course y'all rookies gonna look better in comparison.

I don't have beef with fultz he's from Maryland so I'm pulling for him. Dawg we rested our entire starting lineup, took smart out for the 2nd half and rozier early in the 3rd. Y'all got 20 pieced by rookies and D league players and had a majority of your core playing, this is the show and prove year and y'all fans talk so much about trusting the process and having the best young core in the league, explain tonight for me?
  • TheBossman
    edited October 2017
    Options

I don't have beef with fultz he's from Maryland so I'm pulling for him. Dawg we rested our entire starting lineup, took smart out for the 2nd half and rozier early in the 3rd. Y'all got 20 pieced by rookies and D league players and had a majority of your core playing, this is the show and prove year and y'all fans talk so much about trusting the process and having the best young core in the league, explain tonight for me?

the games don't count.

giphy.webp
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jumper still wet
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @philly fans, yall been rebuilding for years. So i have a question for yall, what will need to happen for this season to be deemed a success?

How many games must be won, how many games does embiid have to play, and is making the playoffs necessary for this season to he a success, or would that just be a nice plus?