The Process Is Done - Now, let's see Results! (The Sixers official thread)

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6-4.

Sixers - 104, Jazz - 97.

Great road win, especially without Joel. Dario finally showed up! 25 and a season high. Ben is a LEADER out there. I'm telling you, Ben and Joel got early stages of Magic and Kareem in them. Add to that guys like RoCo, and Holmes with 23Ms doin mercenary work out there....40 wins is definitely a possibility this year.

I'm with this ? . I also love how the city has the Sixers and Eagles behind each other. Dope stuff.

Next up: Thursday @ Sacramento.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao what makes yall think bucks would trade parker for Dario straight up?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think it's that much of a reach. Jabari is clearly the better player and has a higher ceiling but he can't stay healthy and the bucks are probably going to have to pay him close to max of they want to retain him. Maybe they don't want to commit to him long term who knows. Dario is a solid prospect and has a couple years left on his rookie deal which is great. He kind of gets lost in the mix and flys under the radar in Philly but dude can play

I don't really like the fit for Jabari in Philly tho Interested to see how it plays out with him and the Bucks. Most likely ends up re signing but I think there's a slight chance they move him at they deadline for the right price.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think it's that much of a reach. Jabari is clearly the better player and has a higher ceiling but he can't stay healthy and the bucks are probably going to have to pay him close to max of they want to retain him. Maybe they don't want to commit to him long term who knows. Dario is a solid prospect and has a couple years left on his rookie deal which is great. He kind of gets lost in the mix and flys under the radar in Philly but dude can play

I don't really like the fit for Jabari in Philly tho Interested to see how it plays out with him and the Bucks. Most likely ends up re signing but I think there's a slight chance they move him at they deadline for the right price.

yeah, if the bucks wanna make a run now their gonna need that cap space this off-season. Parker shouldn't get the rookie max, but embiid did so idk.....
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    6-5.

Kings - 109, Sixers - 108.

This loss shouldn't have happened, but I hope someone learns something. For three quarters, it seemed like no one wanted to play defense, and they played down to the Kings. Joel finally came alive in the fourth, but the Sixers ended up in a fight with a Kings team that they never should've been in.

And once again, they blew a late game lead, up by six with 1:30 left, they led Sacramento go on a 7-0 run to end the game, capped off by terrible shot by Joel to end the game. Yeah, Joel had 24 and 15, but those two late game plays - getting blocked by Culley-Stein after his rebound instead of kicking it out, and that bad jumper on that last possession - was the game. I see so many holes in Joel's post play. Like I said, as good as he can be sometimes, he needs to get at Hakeem next summer and learn how to drive and move in the paint much better.

Ben was real efficient, scoring 18 on 6/8 shooting, but why didn't he run the offense in the guts of the game? I don't know what Coach Brown was was doing, but they need to re-evaluate that goin forward.

One last thing: lost in the all the Ben and Joel talk, barely anyone is giving props to Robert Covington. That dude is making ? happen everywhere on the floor, and leads the league in 3PT shooting % at 50.0% even. He's out there balling consistently. Hope he keeps this up. He'd be a real choice for the Most Improved Player award.

Yep. Makes perfect sense. Get him now locked up before the market get a whiff of him.

*PSIghs* This is one of those losses that you just SYH at, cause that was a real change to establish some position in the conference.

Next up: Saturday @ Golden State.
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    6-6.

Warriors - 135, Sixers - 114.

Welp...that game lasted two and a half quarters. Sounds about right.

Man, did the Dubs make everyone look stupid out there. Especially Joel. TOs EVERYWHERE (7 on the night). Guess dude needs to back that Twitter ? down for a minute, and work on his post game, cause he looks bad right now.

I understand they're going to get home cooking from the refs. They ARE the champs. But, when you're a young-ass team playing them at their house, you have to know this ? , and know not to play for the whistles. SO MANY bad shots were thrown up on the hopes they'd get a foul for it. And some of those complaints were legit (blown calls on JJ and TJ especially).

? THAT. Play through them ? . They need to stop playing to be pretty and just rock out there. 1-2 on this road trip now. Let's see what happens in LA next week.

Up next: Monday @ LA Clippers.
  • TheBossman
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Options
    Yessir!

That core is goin to be nice for the next four years...
  • TheBossman
    Options
  • TheBossman
    Options
    the best thing I took from this game was no minute restriction.

unleash the beast.
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    8-6.

Sixers - 115, Lakers - 109.

Not much else to be said about last night about either EmBEAST or Ben. They are the future of not only the Sixers, but possibly the NBA. New Kareem/Magic.

But that 3-point was TORRID. ? . As great as the 1-2 punch was, everyone else infuriated me to no end, almost costing us the game. Look at this ? from 3:

23Ms (JJ) - 0/8
    Dario - 1/7
    TLC - 1/6

? , even Jojo was 2/3.

3-point suckage notwithstanding, I need Coach Brown to reign that ? in. He needs to get these dudes adjusting to taking a few steps in, THEN letting em fly when they find their stroke. And I'm losing patience with Da Homie Dario, man. At least RoCo got his paper....shout out for HBCUs (Tenn St)

3-2 on the West Coast road up...not bad at all! Time for some home cooking.

Next up: Saturday vs. Golden State. Some getback, maybe?

gr_no._14.gif
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    8-7.

Warriors - 124, Sixers - 116.

A brilliant 1st half, an atrocious 2nd half.

Yep, they're the champs, but this was a MELTDOWN. And it exposed a lot of holes on this team and why Philly's got a ways to go.

Ben's lack of a J....exposed.
    Joel's mental errors....exposed.
    The fast break translation D....exposed.
    Coach Brown's horrible rotation issues..... (Most of that 3Q run had Simmons AND RoCo on the bench) exposed.

And Dario....

This muhfucker HERE. He is SOFT. I'm not sure what happened over last off-season, but this is a different player. He has NO willingness to drive to the hole, and even when he caught the ball under the rim, he STILL passes it out. That dude need to either toughen up or be traded. Seriously.

Next up: Monday vs. Utah.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well mister b you can use the same recap of the last warriors game.
    Brilliant 1st half atrocious 2nd half. A huge meltdown and are holes were exposed.
    1. TLC is trash
    2. Embid needs to stay off the damn ground I never seen a big man on the floor at least 3 times a game. I can't remember young Orlando magic Shaq ever on the ground
    3. Embid needs to work on his backdown moves there is no reason he should not of dominated in the polls against the Warriors
    4. The lack of shooting in the back court on our bench is killing us
    5. Brett brown needs to be replaced by Mark Jackson as coach
    6. Chauncey billions needs to replace Colangelo as GM
    7. Fultz when healthy needs to develop this year because reddick is aging in front of us he will be 34 next year
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U hard on Dario he a nice player, n if he was as weak as u say he is I ask again what makes u think u can get Parker or vucci mane in return
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    Well mister b you can use the same recap of the last warriors game.
    Brilliant 1st half atrocious 2nd half. A huge meltdown and are holes were exposed.
    1. TLC is trash
    2. Embid needs to stay off the damn ground I never seen a big man on the floor at least 3 times a game. I can't remember young Orlando magic Shaq ever on the ground
    3. Embid needs to work on his backdown moves there is no reason he should not of dominated in the polls against the Warriors
    4. The lack of shooting in the back court on our bench is killing us
    5. Brett brown needs to be replaced by Mark Jackson as coach
    6. Chauncey billions needs to replace Colangelo as GM
    7. Fultz when healthy needs to develop this year because reddick is aging in front of us he will be 34 next year

Going to have to explain these three to me, is Brett Brown doing a bad job or are y’all expecting too much too soon? Chauncey Billups? Why? And Reddick doesn’t directly affect Fultz McConnell and Bayless do
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or if you meant we only have an effective Reddick for so long that makes sense
  • TheBossman
    Options
    game never in doubt.

embiid might need a game off.
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    9-7.

Sixers - 107, Jazz - 86.

Great bounce back win. I see their whole demeanor changed after realizing they don't need to launch 3 after 3 after 3. A lot of good low post play from everyone tonight, especially Da Homie. Where has THAT Dario been all season? THAT's the Dario I ? with!

I love how the game never was in doubt. Every Jazz punch was answered with a Sixer counter 1-2 punch. And that's the mentality they've got to have in taking the next step.

Good night all around. Joel is the ultimate troll in the league this year, but he's funny to watch, too.

Next up: Wednesday vs. Portland.

untitled-22.gif
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    10-7.

Sixers - 101, Blazers - 81.

2nd straight wall-to-wall win. And an ugly one at that.

Great defense, way too many TOs on offensive. I've just accepted that about this team now. That will be their point of emphasis on improvement. But they're young, so TOs and bad shots will happen.

Defense was SMOTHERING, tho. Way to more than make up for it. Had everyone not named Dame Dolla shook out there.

Just to reflect:
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Two seasons ago, it took the Sixers literally all season to win 10 games. (10-72)

Last season - took 35 games (10-25)

This year: 17. (10-7)

Hey.

Trust. The. Process.
    Yep. If I actually did hashtags, it'd probably look like: #Trustthatshit

That can't go viral, right? Nah. Didn't think so.

Up next: Saturday vs. Orlando.

giphy.gif
  • Mister B.
    edited November 2017
    Options
    11-7.

Sixers - 130, Magic - 111.

Excellent win without Ben. McConnell, Dario, and 23Ms (8/12 from 3) really stepped up. The offense flowed, and the defense was able to not let Orlando get too close. Once again, they were able to answer everything the Magic had. 3-1 on this home stand, and they're learning how to win as a young team.

Up next: Monday vs. Cleveland.

tfeqh0few575.gif
  • Mister B.
    Options
    11-8.

Cavs - 113, Sixers - 91.

Young boys ain't ready yet.

A lot of mistakes, at times they look defeated chasing the Cavs ball movement around, and once again they were dreadful from 3. I guess one of these games were bound to happen. Time to reflect on how far the gap is between them and a team like the Cavs (or the Warriors, for that matter), then refocus.

Up next: The end of the homestand (3-2 on it currently) on Wednesday vs. Washington.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embiid has to cut down on his turn overs. He also needs to become a dominant back to the basket player like young shaq in orlando. There is nobody who can stop him except maybe KAT and Anthony Davis.