SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights champ (week 11)

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in The Reason
Welcome to the Saturday song battle thread. Ima make this part short because quite frankly I'm tired of typing out the explanation on what we do here, we been getting down for 10, 11 weeks now y'all know to vote for which joint resonate with you more. Leave a good opinion why just in case it's a tie game Sunday evening because I then make the best post the tie breaker vote.

So going for its third week we Have Pete Rock and CL Smooth. Now I had a legit Opponent lined up the end of last week but do to the turn of events from earlier this week I feel it's only right to give this man a chance to knock off the Champs, so without further Ado

In this Corner going for week number 3 we have Troy from Pete and CL Smooth!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BONgL61snlM

And Ironically the Troy song comes to mind when thinking of the Challenger so Rest in Peace to Prodigy...in this Corner we Have ? doing his thing with the Storm you can't hear
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvCp-N-9JEw

So there you have it fellas, vote up

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights champ (week 11) 14 votes

Troy
71%
a_listwhite715StewIbexWeazelBuilt 4 cuban linx5 GrandKnowReasonForPeaceTheGOATRevolver Ocelot 10 votes
Quiet Storm
21%
dwade2065th LetterYoungVeterans 3 votes
? Damn man, I gotta go think about this
7%
DR. JEK 1 vote

Comments

• YoungVeterans
    YoungVeterans Members Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Quiet Storm
    Troy won over Shook Ones and now you doing this?

? is wrong with you?

Prodigy died a couple days ago.. I know what you trying to do.

Mods ban this guy please.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    Quiet storm remix or the original?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    Quiet storm remix or the original?

I think the remix is alot better than the original.
  • DR. JEK
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Troy won over Shook Ones and now you doing this?

? is wrong with you?

Prodigy died a couple days ago.. I know what you trying to do.

Mods ban this guy please.

WTF? That's some old female ? ! You really gonna tell a Mod to ban me because I wanted to use a song where Prodigy shined on? ? outta here man.

And actually Troy didn't beat Shook ones, Nothing but a G thang did so that just go to show tho...you on some Derail the thread ? , it ain't gonna work homie. Now is as good a time as ever to use a ? Song.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    Close call but I'm still going with TROY.

Here's why, if CL Smooth died, everybody would pick TROY and say he's the GOAT.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quiet Storm
    Bad timing so you're got damn right I'm going to be biased on this one.

"That ? P Double got that ? for y'all people."
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    Prodigy aint been gone a week and u set him up for an L
  • DR. JEK
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I respect that 5 Grand, THE Goat and DWADE..... but since it's turned into a sensitivity issue all of a sudden let me make an announcement right now before we have any more problems or issues with people feeling some type of way about the ?

This thread is for people with like minds and Hip Hop running through the blood in the veins! Now I'm not gonna lie, I did wanna use a Prodigy song because radio out here in Cali has payed so much homage to the fallen hip hop icon that some of his verse and songs have seeped into my subconscious so when it came time to conjure up a challenger it was something that was gonna happen if I hear from Tuesday to this morning a half dozen tributes. It's hard to think of another challenger when I was literally bumping Mobb Deep all week long.

So if you guys can do me this favor I'd really appreciate it. I want this to not be some kinda sympathy thing, we celebrating the true essence of hip hop in here so PLEASE no sympathy votes in here, just which song you like the best straight up!! ? would probably want it that way. If Quite Storm is legitly iller than Troy to you by all means vote for ? ! Don't feel no kinda way tho if you want to vote for Troy because all people involved are legendary dead or alive and this ? is just suppose to be for fun. Tupac has already been used twice with Hail Mary and I ain't mad at cha and he dead as can be! It's not like it's the last time I can use a ? song but again, I got his classics all in my subconscious this week. Check the feelings at the door and let's Pretend ? is alive or something. He is through music anyway so I'm not tryna do anything shady, it's just about which song you like better. Hell, Last weekend Tupac lost on his freaking Birthday weekend with a movie premiering and everything so every thing is fair game here guys. Dead or alive this is just only about which song you like the best alright? Carry on.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quiet Storm
    As I said....
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Bad timing so you're got damn right I'm going to be biased on this one.

"That ? P Double got that ? for y'all people."

• Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Close call but I'm still going with TROY.

Here's why, if CL Smooth died, everybody would pick TROY and say he's the GOAT.

No they wouldn't