bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Anybody other than Pac would be uncivilized

Word to foamer
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? me with this ? . 75% of ya'll never purchased a 2 pac album while he was alive.

My momma did. Me against the world and All Eyez On Me stayed in rotation. Pac died when I was 10.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? me with this ? . 75% of ya'll never purchased a 2 pac album while he was alive.

My momma did. Me against the world and All Eyez On Me stayed in rotation. Pac died when I was 10.

Exactly. He died when I was 20. No one was saying he was the best from any region of this country until he was dead. And they said it based on him being a superstar/movie star and him being versatile in this content. And having hits. But mostly because he was one of the few hot rappers with a full discography back then. Something most rappers didn't have, unlike artists from other genres of music. Hip-Hop was just becoming mainstream then. And everyone loves a martyr.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo you older than 5 grand?
  • power_wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Options

Everybody gets old B. And no I'm not. He's like 45 or something like that. I'm 41.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Hov

How does hov music relate to You? You're not a drug dealer or a millionaire and you're a famliy man?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 43.

When Pac died I was 23.

In hindsight, when Pac died Mackaveli and R U Still Down hadn't been released yet. All of his posthumous material was still in the vaults. He had 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly For My ? , Thug Life, Me Against The World and All Eyes On Me. Hit Em Up was out. Based on that discography I wouldn't have considered him The GOAT but his posthumous work raised his stock.

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

Everybody gets old B. And no I'm not. He's like 45 or something like that. I'm 41.

No disrespect, I thought you were in your 20s
  • power_wisdom
    Options

No disrespect, I thought you were in your 20s

I'm a young 40s. I don't look my age on a good day. No one in my family do. I got ? who still in the streets. Just alittle more wiser and more aware.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly. He died when I was 20. No one was saying he was the best from any region of this country until he was dead. And they said it based on him being a superstar/movie star and him being versatile in this content. And having hits. But mostly because he was one of the few hot rappers with a full discography back then. Something most rappers didn't have, unlike artists from other genres of music. Hip-Hop was just becoming mainstream then. And everyone loves a martyr.

Either way Pac would've been eventually given the GOAT title. I'm happy it was given to him before the days of social media because you see tweets and IG post of ? calling Future or Drake the GOAT. Til this day, no rapper has moved the way Pac moved.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I was 13 when PAC died. Bought All Eyez On Me and Don Killuminati when they dropped. Pac The Goat
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    There like 7 qualities that a great mc should have.
    1. Versatility in your content
    2. Creativity
    3. Lyricism
    4. Story telling ability
    5. Ability to make a great song
    6. The ability to make great albums and have a strong discography with multiple classics
    7. Flow /voice
    Pac had most of these. People like Drake and Future have one or 2 qualities. I personally think Nas or Common a few others fits all 7.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I'm 43.

When Pac died I was 23.

In hindsight, when Pac died Mackaveli and R U Still Down hadn't been released yet. All of his posthumous material was still in the vaults. He had 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly For My ? , Thug Life, Me Against The World and All Eyes On Me. Hit Em Up was out. Based on that discography I wouldn't have considered him The GOAT but his posthumous work raised his stock.

ehh. the last couple posthumous albums that have been out have been weak. Pac's Life and Loyal To The Game.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I'm 43.

When Pac died I was 23.

ehh. the last couple posthumous albums that have been out have been weak. Pac's Life and Loyal To The Game.

Yeah I meant Makavelli and R U Still Down.

But there were a couple of other songs I liked like Changes, Unconditional Love, Until The End Of Time and Thugz Mansions w/ Nas.

From what I remember hearing when Pac died he had 67 unfinished songs in a vault that belonged to Death Row. Those 67 songs were circulating on 125th st and they were on CD labeled Makevelli 1, Makevelli 2, etc. I should have bought them but at the time I didn't know what they were.

Those 67 songs in the vault would become Until The End Of Time, Better Days, Loyal To The Game and Pac's Life.

I wish somebody would release the tracks in HQ in their original form.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    He has way more than 67.....and there's a few more albums left of material
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Hov

How does hov music relate to You? You're not a drug dealer or a millionaire and you're a famliy man?

I've done my dirt bruh.

It's entirely possible to be a family man and a dope dealer/murder/jackboy ETC....

You do know that right?

@Olorun22
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    he is not the best to ever do it.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is the greatest
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    he is not the best to ever do it

GOAT, NO ONE COULD DO LIKE A SON OF A BLACK PANTHER.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    He has way more than 67.....and there's a few more albums left of material

Are you sure?

Pac's Life came out in 2006. If there was more it would have been released by now.

Also, if you count all the songs from Until The End of Time, Pac's Life, Loyal To The Game and Better Days it adds up to about 67 songs minus the remixes.