American gangsta Vs 4:44

Options
trendsetta1030
trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in The Reason

American gangsta Vs 4:44 41 votes

4:44
41%
usmarin3rip.dillanex ginHustleThaDonCeLLaR-DooRNCswagBobOblahMeekMonizzLLLLLLe14victory_kidListencloserKnowReasonForPeaceR2_163GetoBoyJonah 2.0KneeGro_DuperManHulk803Nechesh358 17 votes
American Gangsta
58%
lion_heartsapp08_2001nawledge_goddouble0sugeDarthRozayTHE_R_StewMoore7sillestni99ainneIbexAlready Home_17Like WatersoulfulcatTrillfateStomp Johnsonmatt maneonetoughmiraclebck145Coxnation1C-PortTrapper 24 votes

Comments

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4:44 over that trash ass album
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangsta
    I would put most of Jay-Z discography above 4:44....the album doesn't have songs that make me want to keep coming back to it
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangsta
    AG was definitely his last great album before this year. The whole album still bumpin ten years later. 4:44 has its own place, but it ain't ? with this.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    I would put most of Jay-Z discography above 4:44....the album doesn't have songs that make me want to keep coming back to it

Ima just start it off by saying, I don't have a problem with you like a lot off ppl on this site

But you don't wanna keep coming back because this album really ain't made for you bruh.

Just saying
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    4:44 is a more important album for him personally as an artist. it's also more important for the culture than Ag was.
    the fact that it's jay's most introspective and personal album edges this for me
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangsta
    AG but I am starting to warm to 444 more.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    To early to call it
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As of now 4:44 that might change depending on if those 3 extra songs make the album better or worse
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    American Gangsta
    I WENT BACK TO AG RECENTLY, AND TBH...IT WASN'T AS GOOD AS I REMEMBERED IT.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To early to call it

• bck145
    Options
    American Gangsta
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Ima just start it off by saying, I don't have a problem with you like a lot off ppl on this site

But you don't wanna keep coming back because this album really ain't made for you bruh.

Just saying

It's ppl my age that are digging the album....im not a little teenager or a 20 something kid running wild....i just think ppl were so hungry for new Jay-Z that they would say it's great regardless...and it's really not

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Not hard for me. I never liked AG as much as the IC does
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangsta
    AG my dude. ? had soul.

I love listenin to that ? high with my favorite pair of headphones
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American Gangsta
    AG has more sonic range than 4:44

It has upbeat songs you can play to get pumped up like Roc Boys, more bass throughout the album, and Idris Elba on the intro.

Plus Jay's flow was better on AG

but 4:44 is right behind it
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    AG my dude. ? had soul.

I love listenin to that ? high with my favorite pair of headphones

Very tru
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

So you prolly think kc was a classic
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it bad if i own American Gangsta but i really don't listen back as much as other Jay album. I mean ? was cool when it came out but i mean idk i just stopped bumping that ? . However BP1, Reasonable Doubt, and Vol 2 and the black album still get hella play from me.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

So you prolly think kc was a classic

What
  • bck145
    Options
    American Gangsta

Just saying

It's ppl my age that are digging the album....im not a little teenager or a 20 something kid running wild....i just think ppl were so hungry for new Jay-Z that they would say it's great regardless...and it's really not

I'm talking about you being white bruh

Yep...the typical cop out answer in the reason when ppl get in their feelings when they can't dispute what someone is saying
  • Ghastly
    Ghastly Members Posts: 121
    Options
    American Gangster was an amazing album... As of right now, I'm putting them up for a tie, and will revise in a year.

AG is my 3rd fav Hov album.
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Ghastly wrote: »
    American Gangster was an amazing album... As of right now, I'm putting them up for a tie, and will revise in a year.

AG is my 3rd fav Hov album.

Rd,vol1,ag 4 me
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with AG, but I just didn't have the knock that 4:44 does. AG is more of a mood album. I feel like I can listen to 4:44 anytime.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just saying

I'm talking about you being white bruh

Yep...the typical cop out answer in the reason when ppl get in their feelings when they can't dispute what someone is saying

I'm not trying to dispute ANYTHING you said.

I'm just giving you introspective why you probably don't give this album extra spins.