For those that have seen both????

Options
BIGG WILL
BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Which Movie was better???

wzcktzrw5cjl.jpg

vs

jwowki4qq0fr.jpg

For those that have seen both???? 4 votes

Wonder Woman
0%
Spider-Man
100%
sapp08_2001fortyacresKing_MeInglewood_B 4 votes

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which tastes better an apple or an orange?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man didnt spiderman just come out yesterday tho?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spider-Man
    Haven't seen either yet. Gal Gadot is legit gorgeous in the face I couldn't even look her in the eye without catching feelings.

But Spider-Man been my favorite hero since that fox cartoon, so on GP...
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I SAW BOTH...EHHHH, HONESTLY DEPENDS ON WHAT U LIKE.. BOTH WERE GOOD, BUT THIS IS LIKE THE THIRD INSTALLMENT OF SPIDERMAN.. STICK TO ONE IMO
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spider-Man
    Spiderman is a better all around movie. Wonder Woman was okay but the action sequences couldve been better. Overall best film from DC at the moment.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Spider-Man
    they are both very good.

Spiderman wins only because Michael Keaton was a much better villain and action sequences.

but you cant go wrong with either.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wonder Woman stuck with me way more. I still get goosebumps thinking back to her entering No Man's Land.

I saw Spider-Man yesterday and already forgot most of it. It's just your typical teen movie with superpowers. It wants to blatantly be a John Hughes movie so bad you even get a Ferris Bueller clip and 80s music at the dance. You've seen it all before.

Also the PC overload from the casting director was distractingly hilarious. Flash Thompson is an indian midget that is closetly ? for Peter and who Peter physically towers over and could likely wallop even without superpowers. Ned Leeds is some fat filipino loser and seeing him become Hobgoblin will be even funnier than That 70's Kid as Venom.

I also hate that they were not confident enough in mining Pete's teen years for material. This is basically a Miles Morales movie down to the asian geeky best friend who wears his spidey mask and his mother figure being a younger more street smart lady.

They even squeeze Miles' uncle in there in the form of Bino and have him give the young Spider-Man advice like in Ultimate Spider-Man. That rubbed me the wrong way cause then what do you do with Miles' upcoming animated movie?

The web swinging and action was also very boring. Raimi is still king there. With that said this new kid is gold. First Spidey performance I have liked since Tobey's first in 2002. Perfectly awkward but not overtly geeky very genuinely Peter Parker. With better writers and directors he could really make a classic.

Keaton was a boss as usual. That cliche ? that led to the car scene was worth it to see Keaton go all Pacific Heights in 2017.

Also I haven't watched any of these since The Avengers so the fact that it picks up right after it was welcome. That Stark is such a prickasaurus that you can't help but root for Toomes and his blue collar squad because of how Stark (after helping save the world at that) played them with their city contract. Only thing that makes you end up rooting against them is that Peter is such a likeable dorky boyscout. The way he should be. But if this was an Iron Man sequel though...

Both are good movies overall with WW being very good. I can't really compare them though. Too different despite both being stories of self discovery.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Spider-Man
    how can you say you already forgot about it and wrote an essay about it , lmaoooo...
  • Broddie
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I said most of it not all of it. Like I don't even remember what the villains were trying to do or any of the action beats. All I really remember where the character beats. By contrast I still vividly remember Raimi's first movie and I haven't watched it in about 13 years.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Also I don't read or post in the Marvel thread so I figure I'd just post my thoughts on Homecoming in here.