Does anyone here have a business card?

Options
SimplyKrys
SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
So I just recently went on vistaprint and made my first batch of business cards in order to promote my blog site. For all of you out there that have a card how did it help you and what is the best way to distribute them? Did you just give them to random people? Or where you selective? Also what kind of design/colors did you use? Please let me know.

Comments

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You gotta get yourself out there first and foremost. Talk to people who you're trying to market to (your audience). Or talk to people who are in the same field or have the same hobby as you.

What kinda business are you pursuing?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    So I just recently went on vistaprint and made my first batch of business cards in order to promote my blog site. For all of you out there that have a card how did it help you and what is the best way to distribute them? Did you just give them to random people? Or where you selective? Also what kind of design/colors did you use? Please let me know.

Goto a college make a poster post that ? in the dorms, caf library. student center

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do, but I don't know why I do. I never hand them out. Job just told me to make myself some lol. Waste of 40 bucks but wasn't my money
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I do, but I don't know why I do. I never hand them out. Job just told me to make myself some lol. Waste of 40 bucks but wasn't my money

What website did you use? I only paid $22.
  • SimplyKrys
    Options

Goto a college make a poster post that ? in the dorms, caf library. student center

I was definitely going to do that. There is a community college right downtown in my city along with a library.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

What website did you use? I only paid $22.

We have a company up here called "great originals" everything costs more up here
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    just networking and talking to people in ur field.... then offer ur card or ask if they have a card if they say yes just trade... Post ur cards on boards in different buisnesses from barber shops to car shops to suermarkets....
  • SimplyKrys
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    just networking and talking to people in ur field.... then offer ur card or ask if they have a card if they say yes just trade... Post ur cards on boards in different buisnesses from barber shops to car shops to suermarkets....

Ok, thank you.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    You gotta get yourself out there first and foremost. Talk to people who you're trying to market to (your audience). Or talk to people who are in the same field or have the same hobby as you.

Here's my card:
    11hfh3k.jpg

dtmlchv0ump2.gif

Bruh, do you know where you're at!?

Same thing I was thinking. These ? don't think.

o1jt7dvsyqht.gif

I see nothing wrong with putting my card on here. Especially since I've sold my work to an IC member in the past

More power to you bruh. The IC isn't as cutthroat as it used to be.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Ok, thank you.

ur welcome.... just be assertive in putting urself out there.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's my card:
    11hfh3k.jpg

dtmlchv0ump2.gif

o1jt7dvsyqht.gif

I see nothing wrong with putting my card on here. Especially since I've sold my work to an IC member in the past

I been on this site for 7 years. I knooooow how it gets on here LOL. If you wanna succeed, you gotta take chances. And a gif of DJ Khaled saying "you played yourself" isn't gonna discourage me.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's my card:
    11hfh3k.jpg

dtmlchv0ump2.gif

o1jt7dvsyqht.gif

I been on this site for 7 years. I knooooow how it gets on here LOL. If you wanna succeed, you gotta take chances. And a gif of DJ Khaled saying "you played yourself" isn't gonna discourage me.

7? That's it? Well then you have absolutely NO CLUE how bad it gets on here... Respectfully.

zbzt2gfsu2s2.gif
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, he's right. The IC ain't bout that life anymore. Lol.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    My business cards are from my job

I pass them out in court only cause I am asked to by the boss

But mainly I use them to win free stuff like lunch for the office lol
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd use LinkedIn before a business card. I've made more inroads connecting that way than I did years ago with business cards...
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    My business cards are from my job

I pass them out in court only cause I am asked to by the boss

But mainly I use them to win free stuff like lunch for the office lol

You would use yo ? on food

Hater post ^^^^
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Facebook and instagram are the best advertising you can spend your money on. Adding people from your city as a friend is free. Make your personal page a business card. Link to your business page. And pay Facebook that couple dollars to get your posts and your page sponsored. It's worth it. And pay a few dollars for advertising.

If you're going to do anything, depending on your area of business, make fliers and Put them on peoples cars. Things of that nature. Nothing better than old fashion footwork and getting out there. Do good business and word will spread.

Business cards are the gas station mixed tape of advertising your business in 2017. Everybody will take one but ? ain't trying to hear it, And it will likely be use to clean out peoples nails it won't be thought of again until the car gets cleaned out. Godspeed.
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Business cards - interviews or work or network
    LinkedIn work or network
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all fail to realize she's tired of being broke and looking for a "manager"

@BOSSExcellence here's another one
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My dude simply posted the whole business card.. hilarious move
  • The Divine Visitor
    The Divine Visitor Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

In light of your previous threads and knowledge of your living situation, if I were you, I'd promote my services as a writer through the blog and business cards. If you're a good enough writer, I'd go to college campuses and high schools and offer to write term papers and essays for a fee. There's also freelance tutoring too where you can be your own boss and set your own schedule and prices. Just some thoughts for the mind.

You could also go to libraries and elementary/middle schools and talk to parents and hand out your card/flyers. Network with some English teachers and they'll funnel the struggling kids to you. Do good work and you got a credible cosign from the teachers and the clients will flow in. Make an impression on the people you talk to and it's much more successful than just handing out the card and walking away.