Brooklyn Man Stabbed To Death By His Domestically Abusive Girlfriend

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
Woman suspected of fatally stabbing boyfriend, 33, in Brooklyn has violent past
bkstab.jpg
article-bkstab-0723.jpg

A 31-year-old woman with a history of violence stabbed her boyfriend to death at her Brooklyn apartment early Sunday, cops said.

Ramel Patterson, 33, died after he was stabbed in the neck by his girlfriend Octavia Elliot at the Roosevelt Houses in Bedford Stuyvesant, according to police.

"I didn't think she would ? my son,” said the victim’s sobbing mother, Patricia Scott, who said her son’s girlfriend struggled with mental illness.

“Sometimes she took her medicine, sometimes she didn’t. He would tell her, ‘You have to take it,’” said Scott, 49. She said she had warned Elliott as recently as Friday to stay on her medication. “I was like, ‘You have to take your medicine. My son is telling you to. He loves you, but he can’t do it.’ She bugs out.”

Officers responding to a 911 call found the mortally wounded man with in a fifth-floor hallway around 3:30 a.m., police said. Medics rushed the man to Kings County Hospital with knife wounds to his neck and arm but he could not be saved.

Elliott had a history of violence, with 10 arrests in New York City.

She allegedly stabbed her child’s father three times in the hand, face and back with a screwdriver in 2013 in Brooklyn and was arrested for assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

She was previously busted for assault in 2007 for smashing a liquor bottle over a man’s head when they got into an argument while she was rolling a joint, according to police.

Elliott was also arrested in Nevada in 2014 for stabbing her child’s father in the hand with a knife, according to a report in the Pahrump Valley Times.

Neighbors heard arguing from the Brooklyn apartment early Sunday and called 911. Elliott tossed the knife she had used in the stabbing out the window, where it was recovered, and was arrested in her apartment when officers arrived, cops said.

She was charged with second degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

A relative who went to check on Patterson found blood trailing from the elevator to the apartment he shared with his girlfriend, Scott said.

Her son was an always-smiling young man whose red and black Kawasaki motorcycle was his pride and joy, Scott said.

“This was his life," she said, pointing to the bike.

“He loved to dance. He loved his motorcycle. He would tell me, ‘Ma I love my motorcycle.’ I told him, ‘You have to make a choice, me or this motorcycle.’ And he would say, ‘Mom, this motorcycle,’” Scott laughed. “He would say, ‘I love you, but my motorcycle comes first.’”

Scott said her son was particularly close to his grandmother, who had also warned Elliott to keep her hands off him.

“My mother looked her in the eyes and said, ‘I’m gonna to tell you something...Whatever you do, don’t hurt my son. Don’t stab my son,’” she said. “If you were fighting, arguing, you can call the cops and have him locked up but you don’t ? my child. I wouldn’t ? anybody’s child.”

Comments