Cincinnati pig union boss goes all "But what about Black on Black crime" after BLM holds a rally…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.fox19.com/story/35948440/fop-president-speaks-on-blm-protest
FOP president speaks on BLM protest

Fraternal Order of Police President Sergeant Dan Hils posted a message on the Facebook group "Support The Blue In Cincy" addressing Black Lives Matter, and what he thinks was missing from the Sam Dubose rally.

In a message directed to Black Lives Matter protestors, Hils mentioned the oversight of black homicide victims across the city.

"Thirty-two black lives taken before their time. Thirty-two black lives taken violently. Due to your group name, I have omitted mention of the seven white murder victims. But, back to my point I wanted to let you know first how many of those black lives lost were in police interventions. Ok, get ready for it……………hold on and take a deep breath……………are you sure that you are ready?.................Ok, that's right it is zero (0), not a one, zilch.," the post reads.

"That's all I was pointing out that there are lives being lost and we need to focus on that. The inner-city violence is bad. It's been bad.
We all would like to see it get better," Hils said.

He posted it hours before demonstrators hit the streets in support of Sam Dubose. He listed the names of black homicide victims as of July 17.

"I just, feel maybe they should just recognize nobody cares about lives, all lives no better than police officers. Police officer are the ones the ones that respond to these murder scenes," Hils said.

14455539_G.jpg

zr3xmizat8ep.jpg
Dear Black Lives Matter Protestors,

I wish to help your objective at the rally today protesting black lives lost. I have the list of the homicide victims in the city of Cincinnati in 2017. As of July 17th, there have been 39 homicides. Of those homicides, 32 of the 39 homicide victims were black.

Thirty-two black lives taken before their time. Thirty-two black lives taken violently. Due to your group name, I have omitted mention of the seven white murder victims. But, back to my point I wanted to let you know first how many of those black lives lost were in police interventions. Ok, get ready for it……………hold on and take a deep breath……………are you sure that you are ready?.................Ok, that’s right it is zero (0), not a one, zilch.

I know the names you will have on your signs, but may I suggest these names as well; Deandre Berry (killed 1/1/17), Deante Mattocks (killed 1/8/17), Terrence Woods (killed 1/12/17), Troy Smith (killed 1/13/17), Alexandrea Thompson (9 years old, killed 1/18/17), Corrye Barwick Jr. (killed 1/28/17), Twanda Alexander (killed 2/7/17), Donald Campbell (killed 2/14/17), Casey Roby (killed 2/16/17), Trevor Tiemann (killed 2/19/17), Michael Chichester (killed 3/13/17), Tyrone Frazier(killed 3/18/17), OBryan Spikes (killed 3/26/17), Tyler Lee (killed 4/2/17), Deondre Davis (killed 4/4/17), Jamar Hayes (killed 4/17/17), Kendall Perkins (killed 4/18/17), DeShawn Jenkins (killed 4/18/17), Omar Mohommad (killed 4/25/17), Judson Roper Jr. (killed 4/27/17), Jahmaria Cruz (killed 5/14/17), Anthony Gray (killed 5/16/17), Shawnice Johnson (killed 5/18/17), William Bell (killed 522/17), Troy Donald (killed 5/31/17), Boris Tolliver (killed 6/1/17), Jeremy Rohe (killed 6/14/17), Keonte Walker (killed 6/20/17), Jonathan Taylor (killed 7/1/17), William Thomas (killed 7/4/17), Dontae Whaley (killed 7/5/17), and Rafeal Harrison (killed 7/17/17).

Cincinnati’s police officers responded to each of these homicide scenes exposing themselves to unknown physical risk. Our detectives have spent countless hours trying to find who is responsible for the homicides above along with the seven white victims that I did not list. Your CPD knows that all lives matter. How about a sign in support of police officers battling this violence?

Try to stay hydrated it is going to very warm.

Daniel J. Hils
FOP #69, President

679704547503310762.gif

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/07/24/police-investigating-threat-made-against-fop-president-dan-hils/504940001/
    Police investigating threat made against FOP president Dan Hils

Cincinnati police are investigating a threat made against the president of Cincinnati's Fraternal Order of Police.

Cincinnati Police Sgt. Eric Franz confirmed the investigation into a threat made against Dan Hils on Monday.

"Like any threat to any person, be it a sworn officer or a civilian, we take all of these cases seriously," Franz said.

District 3 is investigating the threat which appears to have stemmed from a Facebook post Hils made Saturday morning.

On Monday Hils said the threats came via social media came after a post he made addressed to Black Lives Matter demonstrators who were protesting lives lost to police violence.

In the post to Support The Blue In Cincy, Hils brought up the 32 black homicide victims in Cincinnati in 2017.

"Thirty-two black lives taken before their time. Thirty-two black lives taken violently." Hils wrote. "I wanted to let you know first how many of those black lives lost were in police interventions. Ok, get ready for it……………hold on and take a deep breath……………are you sure that you are ready?.................Ok, that’s right it is zero (0), not a one, zilch."

Hils named the victims and suggested protestors add their names to signs they would hold during the march.

"Your CPD knows that all lives matter. How about a sign in support of police officers battling this violence?" Hils wrote.

The post, as of Monday at 2 p.m. had 526 shares and 1,200 likes. Hils said he did not believe his post did not contain anything that would elicit a threat in reply.

http://www.fox19.com/story/35955574/fop-leader-confirms-he-received-threats-after-facebook-post-to-blm
    Cincinnati police investigate threat against FOP leader after BLM post

The leader of the union that represents Cincinnati police confirmed Monday he has received threats after writing a Facebook post to Black Lives Matter tallying up the number of African Americans killed this year.

Cincinnati police are investigating Facebook comments targeting Sgt. Dan Hils that were threatening and intimidating between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 a.m. Sunday, a copy of the incident report shows.

The case is classified as telecommunications harassment.

"It is very concerning when people feel the need to threaten someone when they post an opinion and statement on social media," Hils said.

"I stand by my statement. The threat felt very real. We are merely trying to protect those so they can protest and express their opinions this is a great concern."

The report shows there is a suspect in the case who is a stranger to Hils, who made the post Saturday morning, just hours before several groups including Black Lives Matter held a rally on Fountain Square and then marched to The Banks.

Hundreds attended the demonstration after Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters announced earlier in the week he would not seek a third trial for a white former University of Cincinnati police officer who is white in the fatal shooting of a black motorist at a 2015 traffic stop.

The rally ended peacefully with no arrests.

giphy.gif
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/07/26/sentinel-police-association-calls-fop-presidents-social-media-post-inappropriate/512453001/
    Hils seeks new vote on Collaborative amid friction with Sentinels

Friction among black and white Cincinnati police officers went public Wednesday as reverberations from University of Cincinnati officer Ray Tensing's two mistrials continue to be felt.

Cincinnati Police Officer Eddie Hawkins, president of the virtually all African-American Sentinel Police Association, released a statement Wednesday morning criticizing a decision made by the much larger Fraternal Order of Police and comments by its president, Dan Hils.

"I am disturbed by recent events involving the FOP," Hawkins' letter begins. "I reject Dan Hils' inappropriate (Facebook) post referring to black on black crime, which amounted to telling the black community that they cannot be upset about police involved shootings until every homicide involving a black victim is resolved."

Hils posted a statement Saturday morning, just hours before Black Lives Matter and affiliated organizations marched Downtown to The Banks to protest the killing of unarmed black motorist Sam DuBose in July 2015.

Two murder trials of Tensing, who fatally shot DuBose during a traffic stop, ended with juries unable to reach unanimous decisions on murder and involuntary manslaughter charges.

"I didn't even address the black community," Hils said Wednesday afternoon of his post. "It was addressed to Black Lives Matter. There was nothing in there about black-on-black crime. The post didn't match well with the criticism."

Hawkins also criticized the FOP's vote Monday night to instruct Hils not to participate in what's known as the Collaborative Agreement "refresh." Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley, several council members and Chief Eliot Isaac support the process to update the heralded 2002 agreement that reformed how the Cincinnati Police Department operates.

The FOP meeting, which Hawkins said involved many retired officers that the union still represents, also resulted in a no-confidence vote for Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters. Both decisions stem from anger at how Cincinnati Police Sgt. Shannon Heine was treated in the wake of her testimony in the second Tensing trial She said under oath that she believed Tensing's actions were justified.

Isaac declined to comment Wednesday on the Hils-Hawkins flap involving the FOP and Sentinels, which has 220 African-American police members and five white members.

Hils posted Wednesday on the Support the Blue in Cincy Facebook page that he and FOP Vice President Don Meece are seeking a second vote on the Collaborative. They have to petition the FOP's executive board to hold a "special ballot vote of the membership. The entire membership will be given the opportunity to direct the union to participate, or not, in the Collaborative 'Refresh.'”

Hawkins said the Collaborative is popular among African-Americans for its focus on community-oriented policing.

"The Collaborative — me being from Avondale — is one of the things that makes people in my community feel included," he said. "Not working on the Collaborative puts officers in danger. It sends a message to the community that the police don't want to make things better.

"We need the public to like us. It allows us to do our jobs better and more safely."

As for Black Lives Matter in Cincinnati, its multiracial membership base has demonstrated repeatedly since the DuBose killing and called for Tensing's conviction and jailing.

Hils is a critic of the Black Lives Matter movement. He has said the movement is making police work more dangerous by creating a hostile attitude against officers.

Hils, a sergeant in the department, addressed his Facebook post Saturday directly to Black Lives Matter members:

"Dear Black Lives Matter Protestors, I wish to help your objective at the rally today protesting black lives lost. I have the list of the homicide victims in the city of Cincinnati in 2017. As of July 17th, there have been 39 homicides. Of those homicides, 32 of the 39 homicide victims were black."

Brian Taylor, a leader locally of Black Lives Matter, took great offense to Hils' statement, calling it "infantile."

Cincinnati police are investigating a threat made against Hils.

Said Taylor, "Black Lives Matter: Cincinnati receives direct death threats and violence threats regularly, both on our Facebook page and on any news article comments section. Has Hils lifted a finger to investigate any of that? No. Instead, he continues to push the fantasy that Black Lives Matter: Cincinnati is a violent group."

In February 2016, shortly after Hawkins and Hils were sworn in as presidents of their respective organizations, they told The Enquirer that they wanted to work together and build on shared interests.