THE OFFICIAL 2017/2018 ATLANTA FALCONS THREAD

Options

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the site was tripping yesterday. Kept trying to post and it wouldn't. Now I come in here and all that ? went through....

I wouldnt even play Beasley Sunday. Quinn said he might see some snaps but I would let him sit. I dont think this game will be easy but that offense doesn't scare me. Stop the run, keep Tyrod Taylor in the pocket and we should be good.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right, let everyone come back after the bye healthy and rested
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Game Day

The rookie Kazee getting the start at Free Safety
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more concerned about the injuries than the loss. I expected Julio to get hurt sooner or later but Sanu being out might really ? up the offense
  • ya boi g
    edited October 2017
    Options
    All the ? ups finally caught up with us. I knew this game would be tough but I thought we would win. Probably would have if Sanu and Jones didnt both get hurt.

Cant keep turning the ball over and expecting to win games, that jump ball Ryan threw to Taylor Gabriel was mind blowing. That last play call was bad too. And they were coming out of a time out. When I saw that formation I knew we wouldn't pickup that first down to keep the game alive.

Injuries still piling up. We probably need to sign a player or two on that D-Line. I think Jack Crawford is probably out for the season, Upshaw and Beasley should be back after the bye week. Beasley was missed.

Gonna be good to see Schrader back on the field after the bye. Sambrillo or whatever his name is been gettin his ass handed to him.

I wasnt to mad about the loss. I figured we would be 3-1 going into the bye week when I first saw the schedule so we are right where I thought we would be. Going into the bye week 4-0 would have been a plus.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Falcons worked out a couple players...

From Falcoholic

Interestingly, the one name missing that fans may have expected was veteran Dwight Freeney, who was a key factor in Beasley’s breakout season last year. Additionally, if Jack Crawford is going to be out for an extended period of time (possibly IR), the team may need more help at defensive tackle than at end.

The players that were worked out: Sterling Bailey (Georgia), Pat O’Connor (Eastern Michigan), Devin Taylor (South Carolina), Nicholas Williams (Samford) and Jonathan Woodard (Central Arkansas). On top of that, the team also worked out linebacker Lavar Edwards (LSU).
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2017
    Options
    All I know is the offense, especially Matt Ryan, need to get their ? together.
  • ya boi g
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Problem with the offense IMO is that they didnt get a lot of reps during the preseason. You would think if your breaking in a new coach you would try to get as many reps against another team during the preseason that you can. I think the Falcons offense may have played a series a game during the preseason and non in the final week. It showed in that first game against the Bears. I understand we had a couple injuries and you dont wanna risk anyone else getting hurt but they should have been trying to get that offense in sync.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Need to come out this at least 4-2. All 6 games can be won. The last 5 out of six games are all division opponents. I think going at least 3-3 at the end will get us to the playoffs

Upcoming Schedule (next 6 games):

vs. Dolphins (2-2)

@ Patriots (3-2)

@ Jets (3-2)

@ Carolina (4-1)

vs Cowboys (2-3)

@ Seattle (3-2)

• numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2017
    Options

Both Ryan Schraeder and Ricardo Allen are out of concussion protocol and were back at practice today. Expect them both to be back this Sunday.

Vic Beasley was also back at practice today as well. But still dont expect him to play this week against the Dolphins. If he does somehow play this week against the Dolphins then he would be on a limited snap count. But look for him to make his return against the Patriots.

Sanu did not practice today. I doubt he plays this week at all. He should have a chance to make his return against the Patriots.

Julio was also practicing and is still a go for the Dolphins game. He will have no limitations at all this week.

No new updates on Upshaw and Ward.

• ya boi g
    Options
    Probably dont need Beasley to beat the Dolphins but if he can play Im all for it. He was missed.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    They say Beasley was still limping in practice yesterday. Limited today so he probably wont play, which Im all for cause we need him next week up in New England. Hopefully Upshaw is back next week also.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Falcons sign WR Marvin Hall from the practice squad with Mohamed Sanu (hamstring) out this week. The team waived rookie fifth round pick Brian Hill, the running back from Wyoming who was slowed by an ankle injury to start season. Several teams around league liked Hill coming out of college. We will see if he gets claimed.

Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer

• ya boi g
    Options
    Inexcusable loss yesterday to the damn Dolphins. Especially after being up 17 points at the half. Another game were we failed to score in the second half.

I dont know WTF is going on with the Falcons. This ? has been going on since the Mike Smith era. We jump out to leads and let teams crawl back into the game.

I have a lot I can complain about but I wanna rewatch that game then give my thoughts on it....
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Inexcusable loss yesterday to the damn Dolphins. Especially after being up 17 points at the half. Another game were we failed to score in the second half.

I dont know WTF is going on with the Falcons. This ? has been going on since the Mike Smith era. We jump out to leads and let teams crawl back into the game.

I have a lot I can complain about but I wanna rewatch that game then give my thoughts on it....

With a 17-0 lead Devonte had 9 carries for the entire game. Tevin had 9 carries for the entire game. Only 6 carries between them in the second half.

Jay Ajayi had 26.

? makes zero sense
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlanta is gonna have that good old super bowl loser hangover, don't see how they can better what they did last season... y'all peaked

..... and in comes NE
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Take yo wack ass on somewhere with that. After 5 games, the Falcons have one less win than last season.

? New England
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Time to go to work
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Offense look lost. Sark in over his head, ? looking like a bad hire.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time to go to work

Looooooool
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I’m officially worried about this offense now. I thought we’d eventually pick it up, but it seems Matt has regressed. His ball placement been ass, throwing behind or sailing over the head of the receivers.

Play calling been ass. Throwing deep to Sanu on 4th and 6. Got Julio running drag routes on 3rd and 16. Freeman getting only 12 carries when he going for damn near 7 yards a pop. End around at the goal line on 4th down. Smh...

I’m not even mad at the defense, only bad look really was that silly penalty that erased the pick. NE didn’t do anything special with that milktoast 3yard pass ball control offense besides keep our O off the field, which props to Belichek, never allowed us sufficient time to get into any rhythm. Also they started getting the ball out of Brady’s hands a lot faster because we was on his ass early

I thought Sark would be more creative, but he seems to not know his personnel. It’s not too late to get it together, but... ugh, that was just embarassing
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vanilla offense

Matt Ryan is also back to calling plays again this season. Remember that while everyone blames the OC.

I personally think Sark needs to go the Shanny route, be an ? and take complete control of the offense.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    These boys need a tuneup....

Might need another offseason.