The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who wants to place bets on which team out of the Giants, 49ers, and Browns will go 0-16? Willing to bet cash money on this one.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    The Giants problems have been all Eli for years now, Giants fans finally gonna realize that.

Don't agree. We had the worst defense in NFL for a few years. Most injuries for like 3 and that Oline been awful for a minute now. Eli been part of the problem, but besides last year our defense been ass. Eli has always needed a running game to function n decent oline. Hasn't had that for a loooong time. ? still been super wack last 2 years
    I said it for a while.... eli got a,lot of passes

The only reason why he started for this long is because of the super bowls. No ? outside of those superbowls he is extraordinarily average at ABSOLUTE best. All those ? interceptions he done threw... but Kaep can't get a run...

He a turnover machine... always fumbles on regular sacks...everything got to be perfect for him... add in the gm amd coach dont give a,? about the run game
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still got the bottle of liquor handy in case Rodgers comes back. My team better not let up like last week, I'm still on the edge of my seat.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Who wants to place bets on which team out of the Giants, 49ers, and Browns will go 0-16? Willing to bet cash money on this one.

None will go winless but the Browns are the easy answer. They flat out suck. But all those Giants injuries gonna make em tank.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    The Giants problems have been all Eli for years now, Giants fans finally gonna realize that.

Don't agree. We had the worst defense in NFL for a few years. Most injuries for like 3 and that Oline been awful for a minute now. Eli been part of the problem, but besides last year our defense been ass. Eli has always needed a running game to function n decent oline. Hasn't had that for a loooong time. ? still been super wack last 2 years

The only reason why he started for this long is because of the super bowls. No ? outside of those superbowls he is extraordinarily average at ABSOLUTE best. All those ? interceptions he done threw... but Kaep can't get a run...

He a turniver macjine... always fumbles on regular sacks...everything gitracbe perfect for him... add in the gm amd coach dont give a,? about the run game

Eli is the definition of a system QB, not Brady, not Dak, not Cam, Eli is. Eli cannot and has never made plays when ? isn't really going perfectly it just so happens the one time he did make a play(which had more to do with the receiver) was the helmet catch.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Damn...Peterson JR can't get any carries in New Orleans either
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to get Zeke rollin
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He a turnover machine... always fumbles on regular sacks...everything gitracbe perfect for him... add in the gm amd coach dont give a,? about the run game

One issue has been we have never been bad enough to have a top 5 pick to draft a QB to replace or be an understudy to Eli. I agree 100% about the GM and coach not caring about the run game.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    Still got the bottle of liquor handy in case Rodgers comes back. My team better not let up like last week, I'm still on the edge of my seat.

Only if the lead gets up to like 30+ will I be comfortable against Rodgers.
  • aneed123
    Options

I'm not gonna sit here and defend Eli to death, especially after that showing. Here's my thing, giants brass knows Eli is an average/ maybe slight above average QB who needs protection and a run game to operate. They have failed to handle that oline w bad picks and misplaced funds. Marshall n Ellisons $ could have gone to Oline. I admit Eli got alot of passes but 2 super bowl rings will get you that w management and fans (look at big ben). Especially when you got no Oline and they watch you take a pounding every season. With that said Eli been ass last 2 seasons
    Eli isca playaction qb... we let hom go shotgun omaha like his brother... we hasd the 3rd mondter with ward jacobs ans Bradshaw.... thats him at his best. The 2nd super bowl was fools gold cuz it became all about eli.
  • tupacfan12
    Options
    For once Garrett made a smart coaching decision.
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? in here dropping the dirt on Eli casket
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

I was quite shocked, he has to be the worst coach in the league when it comes to in game decision making, old motivational speaker ass head coach.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sign Bolden, bring up Travis Rudolph and put Engram in a Jimmy Graham/ Jordan Reed role and see what happens. Marshall and Ellison were horrible signings. Let that Gallman kid run the rock and figure out if he can be a major contributor or not before the draft. Eli aint going nowhere for next two years, so really invest $ n resources into that line.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Develop darkwa and perkins... run the ball so the.. games are closeour defense be playing they ass off but gets tired....
  • tupacfan12
    Options

I was quite shocked, he has to be the worst coach in the league when it comes to in game decision making, old motivational speaker ass head coach.

Lmao word, I thought Garrett was gonna make the turn after last year but so far this season has just reminded me why he's a mediocre head coach.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    Irving back with a vengeance
  • tupacfan12
    Options
    Ok David Irving, I thought he was gonna be a no-show but he's doing work.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options

Camera cues to Garrett with his clapping ass after a ? penalty.
  • natural born sinners
    Options

He a turniver macjine... always fumbles on regular sacks...everything gitracbe perfect for him... add in the gm amd coach dont give a,? about the run game

Eli is the definition of a system QB, not Brady, not Dak, not Cam, Eli is. Eli cannot and has never made plays when ? isn't really going perfectly it just so happens the one time he did make a play(which had more to do with the receiver) was the helmet catch.

Can't take the guys Superbowls from him. He handled his business in both those runs. Defense was on point. But he handled his ? , especially in that 2nd playoff run. 1st one he was on game manager status.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Camera cues to Garrett with his clapping ass after a ? penalty.

I want to punch Garrett's ? in the face sometimes, he aint ever lit into his players for stupid ? like he supposed to.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broken ankle for beckham
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Develop darkwa and perkins... run the ball so the.. games are closeour defense be playing they ass off but gets tired....

I think the defense got more issues than just fatigue. We got no pass rush and can't tackle. Also everytime a team needs a 3rd down completion or big play they know to target Eli apple and get a completion or penalty. Jenkins dont look right either n cromartie looking off too
  • tupacfan12
    Options
    Damn these missed extra points might save our ass lol
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    GB should’ve went for 2