The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So a QB throwing for 5000 yards and 35+ TDs can't win the MVP?

Y'all ? is bugging

Not on a 7-9, 8-8 squad

That's why it's called a prediction.

I see us winning 10 games and Brees putting up his mo after numbers again.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20578269/tj-ward-tampa-bay-buccaneers-says-denver-broncos-completely-unprofessional-handling-roster-cuts
    Bucs S Ward: Broncos 'unprofessional' with cut

TAMPA, Fla. -- New Buccaneers safety T.J. Ward had some sharp words for his former Denver Broncos team and the way the front office handled his departure.

"I just think they handled it completely unprofessional," said Ward, who had been among the Broncos' final roster cuts. "They could have let me know that was going on. You had a full offseason, ya know? I know it's a business, but when you have good employees, you're supposed to treat your employees a certain way."

A three-time Pro Bowler, Ward was one of the most well-liked players in the Broncos' locker room. He missed all of the preseason with a hamstring injury but had recovered and was preparing for the season opener.

Ward was entering the final season of a four-year, $22.5 million deal. He wanted a new contract and talked about hoping to finish out his career with the Broncos.

Broncos general manager John Elway indicated that the play of 2016 draft picks Justin Simmons and Will Parks allowed them to part ways with Ward.

"My thoughts are that T.J. was a great player for this franchise. They won a lot of games with this guy," Broncos coach Vance Joseph said when asked to respond to Ward's comments. "We're going to miss having T.J., good person, good man, but we're on to the Chargers. That's behind us, and we wish him well."

Ward said he wishes they would have let him know sooner. Instead, he flew into Tampa, Florida, late Sunday night, got three hours of sleep and is scrambling to learn a new defense with less than a week until the Buccaneers' opener against the Miami Dolphins.

"It's just unfortunate the way they handled that situation, but it is what it is," Ward said. "They've gotta live with it, and I've gotta live with it. I'm gonna make sure I land on my feet. Whatever happens to them ... happens to them."

Several teams had expressed interest in signing Ward, but he chose Tampa Bay because of the locker room. He liked what he saw in quarterback Jameis Winston last year when the Broncos beat the Bucs 27-7. It may have been one of Winston's worst games statistically, but Ward loved the fact that the young quarterback didn't quit and "kept his team fired up."

Ward also is a big fan of cornerback Brent Grimes, whom he met at the Pro Bowl a few years ago, and second-year cornerback Vernon Hargreaves, who he thinks handles his business like a veteran.

He has met about half the team so far after one practice.

"It's been open arms," Ward said. "Guys are welcoming me here and letting me know that they [share] the same vision that I [have] -- a championship. That's the goal."
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @vageneral08 what do you disagree with?

Uh obviously the titans winning the division which they won't we sweep them all the time they don't have enough to compete in the playoffs

I never said theyd make noise in the playoffs. You cant bank on previous years. Fact is your starting QB, starting C, and best DB all injured. Outside of QB(maybe) and WR Tennessee is better than the colts.

Yeah a few games at best without them ? don't get real until by week 10 and we'll have the tires kicking by then and titans secondary is still trash and mariota still makes bonehead decisions I don't see them winning no more than 7 games

I mean we won 9 games last season with less talent and we added pieces and improved the roster in the off season. but i hear you. it does seem when everything is in our favor we do find ways to ? it up and underachieve. so ill probably take a wait and see approach. by week 5 it'll give me a clearer picture

still every CBS expert has us taking the division across the board. 3 have yall at the bottom and the other 4 have you next to last. take what you will from that

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-predictions-wild-afc-west-five-different-super-bowl-champions-crowned/
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    @vageneral08 what do you disagree with?

Uh obviously the titans winning the division which they won't we sweep them all the time they don't have enough to compete in the playoffs

I never said theyd make noise in the playoffs. You cant bank on previous years. Fact is your starting QB, starting C, and best DB all injured. Outside of QB(maybe) and WR Tennessee is better than the colts.

Yeah a few games at best without them ? don't get real until by week 10 and we'll have the tires kicking by then and titans secondary is still trash and mariota still makes bonehead decisions I don't see them winning no more than 7 games

I mean we won 9 games last season with less talent and we added pieces and improved the roster in the off season. but i hear you. it does seem when everything is in our favor we do find ways to ? it up and underachieve. so ill probably take a wait and see approach. by week 5 it'll give me a clearer picture

still every CBS expert has us taking the division across the board. 3 have yall at the bottom and the other 4 have you next to last. take what you will from that

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-predictions-wild-afc-west-five-different-super-bowl-champions-crowned/

Yeah those "experts" know what they're talking about
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Y'all ? is bugging

I don't know why Brees winning MVP is so far fetched lol...? puts up MVP worthy numbers almost every year...is not like someone said Eli or Flacco
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This isnt a fair comparison brah...lovie basically had an all star defensive squad, with a bunch of pro bowlers and a generational talent in Brian urlacher as a field general. The bears have basically not had an identity the past few years, which is partly on the coaching. But the roster matters
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Y'all ? is bugging

I don't know why Brees winning MVP is so far fetched lol...? puts up MVP worthy numbers almost every year...is not like someone said Eli or Flacco

Lol. ? just wanna be different and say he has no chance.

Even though without Brees and our defense we would be 0-16 last year

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

This isnt a fair comparison brah...lovie basically had an all star defensive squad, with a bunch of pro bowlers and a generational talent in Brian urlacher as a field general. The bears have basically not had an identity the past few years, which is partly on the coaching. But the roster matters

True. Didn't help things that Chicago became a revolving door of coaches after he left.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This is the Bears best defensive team since Lovie hats for sure. And are running game is tight. Are receivers are trash as ? though. And glennon as qb is just stupid . I can see the bears at 8-8 this year depending on our qb play.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This is the Bears best defensive team since Lovie hats for sure. And are running game is tight. Are receivers are trash as ? though. And glennon as qb is just stupid . I can see the bears at 8-8 this year depending on our qb play.

Why didn't they keep cruz?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bears winning 3 games

3 more than they should
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The hiring of trestman and our last gm really put us back a few years
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I can see the NFL moving up the game to Thursday if the forecast doesn't change.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see the NFL moving up the game to Thursday if the forecast doesn't change.

Errr. It wont be on national tv tho. Only TB n MIA markets and for ppl who have NFL ticket.

That reminds me, need to reup my NFL ticket this week.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Errr. It wont be on national tv tho. Only TB n MIA markets and for ppl who have NFL ticket.

That reminds me, need to reup my NFL ticket this week.

I don't give a ? about that

Remember when the Vikings/giants game was delayed in like 2010 or whatever and was played on MNF? Game was on fox but only in the north/Midwest area.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    Lovie shouldn't have been fired to begin with. Article Is basically saying how Jeff Fisher got away w/being mediocre after 1 Super Bowl appearance , Same as Lovie.. Black coaches have always gotten the swift hook .w/Marvin Lewis being the exception

Lovie should have been fired. His voice got stale. He's a mediocre coach also.

He hasnt had any impact at his last 2 stops either
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Maywood wrote: »
    Lovie shouldn't have been fired to begin with. Article Is basically saying how Jeff Fisher got away w/being mediocre after 1 Super Bowl appearance , Same as Lovie.. Black coaches have always gotten the swift hook .w/Marvin Lewis being the exception

Lovie should have been fired. His voice got stale. He's a mediocre coach also.

He hasnt had any impact at his last 2 stops either

Bruh, his last season Bears went 10-6. If it wasn't for Peterson going ham that year they make the playoffs.
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the Bills have a pair of quarterbacks in the concussion protocol, they made a move to add some depth there.

They announced they signed former Panthers third-stringer Joe Webb, who worked out for them yesterday.

Ima miss Webb, dude made tackles on kickoffs, and gave good blocks on returns, he is an athlete
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

? americans. let that ? be averaging 1.4 yards per carry thru the 1st 8 gms. him eating fried chicken b4 a preseason gm wont be so funny then