Tommy Sotomayor gets punched over the weekend

Options

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    these hotep ? ? me. bet money them ? gettin mad at tommy for yelling in front of a woman probably have like six different babies mothers. smmfh.

They the kind that get mad at the wrong ? . You wanna hit tommy for yelling at a black woman but the pig who had the little girl in the head lock at the pool party out here still or what about Sandra Bland's detainers? They out here. Ghetto gaggers out here.. You ? is lame. Notep!

And that's part of what Tommy talks about when it comes to ? . You get mad at Tommy for calling a Black woman a ? but have no problem listening to rappers call Black women ? or worse. You ready to run up on Tommy but your feet stuck to the floor when your favorite rapper comes to town. You quick to run up on Tommy but legs suddenly paralyzed when Quentin Tarantino in ya area 'cause, you know... "Dead ? Storage" and all that other ? . If they're around my age I guarantee them ? haven't tossed their old NWA or 2 Live Crew tapes. In fact, they prolly got some ? like that in the ride right now.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The problem is, where was that energy when those guys pressed him and when he got punched? Where was that energy when Tariq Nasheed ran up on him during his DJ Vlad interview?
  • konceptjones
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The problem is, where was that energy when those guys pressed him and when he got punched? Where was that energy when Tariq Nasheed ran up on him during his DJ Vlad interview?

what energy? I saw Tommy very calmly attempt to walk away from dude after he explained what went down and dude wasn't trying to hear anything.

"... then I can end the conversation. Good day sir."

He attempts to walk away without raising his voice or anything. Dude pursues and escalates it to the point where people try to step in. Even then Tommy is trying to keep cool and was walking away. The whole time Tommy is trying to remain as calm and civil as possible up to the point where he got sucker punched.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dude hate and despise black women,
    and he put it out there for the world to see..

'''Black women today are the world's ? children, we have the worst options in mates..'''

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

'''Black women today are the world's ? children, we have the worst options in mates..'''

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

A lot of black men dislike black women romantically how does that make us bad people
  • konceptjones
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

If a lot of you cats would get out of your feeling and actually dissect what Tommy says you'll see there's a shitload of truth in it. My biggest problem with Tommy is that he wraps the truth inside of inflammatory remarks like "Black women today are the world's ? children." which pretty much guarantees that anyone that needs to hear his message will completely dismiss what he's saying before it gets past that initial statement.

• onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

He doesn't hate all black women and he said it in his videos. The world's ? children quote only applies to the women that display the ratchet and destructive behaviors he points out in his videos . The types of behavior that lead to children and others being hurt, killed and/or murdered over stupid ? (leaving their kids home alone with no food to go clubbing, running each other over with cars, etc).
  • konceptjones
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

He doesn't hate all black women and he said it in his videos. The world's ? children quote only applies to the women that display the ratchet and destructive behaviors he points out in his videos . The types of behavior that lead to children and others being hurt, killed and/or murdered over stupid ? (leaving their kids home alone with no food to go clubbing, running each other cars, etc).

perfect example of what I'm talking about. The message is missed because of the dumb ? he says up front.
  • illedout
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

If a lot of you cats would get out of your feeling and actually dissect what Tommy says you'll see there's a shitload of truth in it. My biggest problem with Tommy is that he wraps the truth inside of inflammatory remarks like "Black women today are the world's ? children." which pretty much guarantees that anyone that needs to hear his message will completely dismiss what he's saying before it gets past that initial statement.

Who in their right mind would dissect what tommy sotomayer says ?? Dude is a clown that built his name off ? on black women !!

He's not important enough to dissect his
    podcast/? black women hate rants..
  • konceptjones
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

Who in their right mind would dissect what tommy sotomayer says ?? Dude is a clown that built his name off ? on black women !!

then you have missed everything dude has said of worth which is precisely my point.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why this ? change his last name to make it sound Latino?
  • illedout
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

then you have missed everything dude has said of worth which is precisely my point.

Naw,
    You need to find better people to look up to !!
  • konceptjones
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

Naw,

Bruh, I came up in post civil rights America in the early 70's. Most of my heroes died before I was born. The rest were destroyed by our government with COINTELPRO. Tommy ain't nobody I look up to, he's someone that's talks with sense when he sticks to speaking about our issues. All the name calling and all of that needs to stop on his end because only then will anyone take him and what he says seriously.
  • illedout
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

Naw,

Bruh, I came up in post civil rights America in the early 70's. Most of my heroes died before I was born. The rest were destroyed by our government with COINTELPRO. Tommy ain't nobody I look up to, he's someone that's talks with sense when he sticks to speaking about our issues. All the name calling and all of that needs to stop on his end because only then will anyone take him and what he says seriously.

Respect..

Tommy in my opinion is bad for people of color..

It almost feel like he has an agenda
    or someone or group of people put him there to paint a negative portrait of not only black women but also make it seem like ALL black men share his views..
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these hotep ? ? me. bet money them ? gettin mad at tommy for yelling in front of a woman probably have like six different babies mothers. smmfh.
    Crispy has a history of threatning black women. He's a certified ? . He deserved to get stole on

No he got a history of not liking dark skin women .
    No. A history of THREATNING black women

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4kv-9jYIQ
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tommy has a dark skinned daughter and he claims to be in a relationship with a black woman. I think a lot of what he does and says is meant to be over the top to get his point across. I don't agree with the method but he does speak some truth.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why don't y'all question a BLACK man who uses inflammatory remarks towards black people who I would say as a whole don't and won't respond well to anything that inflammatory....

He literally makes a living acting no different than we'd expect a Caucasian to act....he it capitalizing off that....how could you not question that??
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm different that way. In don't necessarily listen to everyone and everything I agree with. Sometimes I even watch fox news. I don't watch Tommy like that but I have seen enough to know what he on. You have to take how you personally feel out of it. Its under the guise of personal responsibility, he basically highlights isolated situations and puts his spin on it.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

what energy? I saw Tommy very calmly attempt to walk away from dude after he explained what went down and dude wasn't trying to hear anything.

"... then I can end the conversation. Good day sir."

He attempts to walk away without raising his voice or anything. Dude pursues and escalates it to the point where people try to step in. Even then Tommy is trying to keep cool and was walking away. The whole time Tommy is trying to remain as calm and civil as possible up to the point where he got sucker punched.

I'm talking about when he rose his voice and was getting brolic with that woman after she hit him. Yet ? up when men got at him.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

~Tommy Sotomayer~

This ? a ? , ? him !!

He doesn't hate all black women and he said it in his videos. The world's ? children quote only applies to the women that display the ratchet and destructive behaviors he points out in his videos . The types of behavior that lead to children and others being hurt, killed and/or murdered over stupid ? (leaving their kids home alone with no food to go clubbing, running each other cars, etc).

perfect example of what I'm talking about. The message is missed because of the dumb ? he says up front.

Agreed. The problem with Tommy is that he overly sensationalizes his message to the point that if you're not familiar with his content, you'd automatically assume that he's talking about all black women. Which is understandable.

I think he's deliberately trying to take a Bill O'Reilly type approach by saying certain things to get attention and get people upset in order to make his content go viral and cash in. The interesting thing is, according to him and what his comment section shows is that a rather large amount of his subscriber base consist of black women.

In the end though I think his approach will come back to bite him in the ass financially as YouTube is becoming more PC.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They the kind that get mad at the wrong ? . You wanna hit tommy for yelling at a black woman but the pig who had the little girl in the head lock at the pool party out here still or what about Sandra Bland's detainers? They out here. Ghetto gaggers out here.. You ? is lame. Notep!

my point exactly. like someone said on my fb tl and like others said on here......youll shoot at ? , jump ? , and all that ? but let bob the cop ? a ? and yall out protesting. smmfh. ? got they priorities all ? up.

These guys aint killing ? though. Protesters are not criminals. What's hard to understand about that?

so if they aint killers then why try to act hard when he comes around? youre supposed to be civilized...why waste your energy on someone who doesnt affect you?

They were addressing Tommy's comments against black women at a pro black event. You don't have to be hard to stand up for black women.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And that's part of what Tommy talks about when it comes to ? . You get mad at Tommy for calling a Black woman a ? but have no problem listening to rappers call Black women ? or worse. You ready to run up on Tommy but your feet stuck to the floor when your favorite rapper comes to town. You quick to run up on Tommy but legs suddenly paralyzed when Quentin Tarantino in ya area 'cause, you know... "Dead ? Storage" and all that other ? . If they're around my age I guarantee them ? haven't tossed their old NWA or 2 Live Crew tapes. In fact, they prolly got some ? like that in the ride right now.

That's deflection like what racists do when they get checked. What a rapper says has zero to do with Tommy. That's the same as black on black crime being brought up when police violence against blacks is being called out. I never seen a rapper target black women the way Tommy has. You are comparing music to someone providing social commentary. Not even close. Bringing up movies is another deflection. Has Quinton or any rapper been at these events? So your defense of Tommy is flawed with all these hypothetical arguments. Fact is Tommy was there and got checked.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah b. Them ? had it right the first time - ? tep
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would a guy that polarizing think he can walk around the general public and think people won't try him?

*Tariq Nasheed impression *
    "I got socked in the face everybody!"