Wrestlers that should be considered legends...

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
But get way too much hate. Discuss.

Ill throw a few names for discussion.

Luger
Batista
Sid
Yokozuna
Kevin Nash
Big Show/The Giant
Cena
Orton

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with that whole list. Why Luger isn't in the HOF is beyond me. I know the ? with Elizabeth was harsh but she was a grown woman.

Vader
    Ultimo Dragon
    Shane Douglas
    Taz
    Tommy Dreamer (definitely should be in the HOF soon)
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Agree with that whole list. Why Luger isn't in the HOF is beyond me. I know the ? with Elizabeth was harsh but she was a grown woman.

Vader
    Ultimo Dragon
    Shane Douglas
    Taz

Bruh esp Shane Douglas who 99-02 Triple H stole his entire schtick from
    And the orginal suplex machine Taz. Smh.

We used to always debate what would happen if Taz met Goldberg in 98 but I think we sided with Goldberg after Bam bam beat Taz in that one classic match.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scott Steiner. His career is a tale of two halves though. They should have broke him off as a singles guy and booked him better in the early 90s. He's still one half of one of the top 3 tag teams ever imo. Dude had the perfect blend of agility and size. (note: him and Rick will eventually get in for their tag team work.)

Lex Lugar. Vince was getting ready to put the ? him during that feud with Yokozuna but I don't think Lex was reliable Vince looked elsewhere. Most ? fans remember the Lex express. Dude had one of the better physiques of his day too. (n/h)

Vader. Dude was like 400 pounds doing moonsaults he was also a top guy in every promotion he ever went too. Top heel in WCW and WWF(E). Probably should have gotten the strap in WWF(E) but Vince didn't like WCW guys being his champ in those days.

Barry Windham. I think he won the NWA title, US title and I believe a few tag titles in various promotions, but dude was an underrated worker and could move and was agile for a bigger guy even though he doesn't get talked about a lot. He may or may not ever get but he was an underrated guy of his time.

Dynamite Kid. I think his reputation of being a ? and hated in the business has hurt him. Dude basically ushered in a lot of the style and moveset of today cruiserweight guys. He would be a heavyweight champion in today's business but him being a smaller framed guy held him back during those times were pushing guys who where 6'2 or better and large framed with body builder physiques was the norm.

Butch Reed. He was a upper mid card guy in a time where Black wrestlers did not get a lot of burn. His reign in the WCW and WWF was very short.
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Windham never got a proper run in the Attitude Era

despite being the same age as Austin and younger than HBK and Bret but people thought he was older cause he was pushed heavily in the mid 80s when he was really young
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True. Barry Windham always seemed old hat to me even though he was young. He just has an old school look and style to him. He definitely a legend, already a HOF (Horsemen).
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Vader
    Ultimo Dragon
    Shane Douglas
    Taz

Tommy dreamer is not hof worthy
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Vader
    Ultimo Dragon
    Shane Douglas
    Taz

Tommy dreamer is not hof worthy

I kinda agree. Maybe ECW Hall of Fame but not overall.
  • uncle gunnysack
    uncle gunnysack Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    True. Barry Windham always seemed old hat to me even though he was young. He just has an old school look and style to him. He definitely a legend, already a HOF (Horsemen).

I remember when him and Mike rotunda were wwf tag champions
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    Bad news brown
    Konnan
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scott Steiner innovated all the suplex machine wrestlers...growing up a 80s and 90s baby Seeing the moves he did at his size when he was young was amazing..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Windham never got a proper run in the Attitude Era

despite being the same age as Austin and younger than HBK and Bret but people thought he was older cause he was pushed heavily in the mid 80s when he was really young

Barry older than Austin who is older than hbk
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brooklyn brawler.
    Mfer put everyone in the company over and could actually wrestle for a jobber.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Dugan never hear him mentioned on here.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Scott Steiner innovated all the suplex machine wrestlers...growing up a 80s and 90s baby Seeing the moves he did at his size when he was young was amazing..

Steiner screwdriver was sick, Vince would fire somebody on the spot for that today
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yhI1aYjfw

Goat Duggan moment, probably the goat Saturday morning superstars moment, you didn't really ever get hype matchups like that on Saturday mornings, you'd get like Tatanka vs Brooklyn Brawler or some ? , the best was the crowds back then looking like this is real life
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Goat Duggan moment, probably the goat Saturday morning superstars moment, you didn't really ever get hype matchups like that on Saturday mornings, you'd get like Tatanka vs Brooklyn Brawler or some ? , the best was the crowds back then looking like this is real life

Bruh I real life thought he was dead when this happened. When Mr. Fuji draped the flag over him, I thought Duggan was dead lol. This ? came on Fox after Saturday morning cartoons. What a time.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Kanyon, ridiculous offensive moveset, very underrated, and the Kanyon Cutter is legendary.
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    Chris Kanyon, ridiculous offensive moveset, very underrated, and the Kanyon Cutter is legendary.

His sexual orientation always held him back imo
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Speaking of movesets

Nova

Credit him for hiring n molding a few of our favs in ovw as well
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options

Bruh I real life thought he was dead when this happened. When Mr. Fuji draped the flag over him, I thought Duggan was dead lol. This ? came on Fox after Saturday morning cartoons. What a time.

Duggan was always trash ta me... but he played tha USA card betta than any otha wrestla wit tha exception of sgt.slaughter
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Love the early King Lawler commentary too, brings back memories
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options