NYC apartment hangs confederate flags & iron crosses in windows, neighborhood reacts...

Options
BobOblah
BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

6xwrehtka8bq.png
jkb3hc9g654l.jpg
Apparently he's been hanging these on and off since Trump but people weren't having it this week.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=crzlbQ0rycc&time_continue=45
EAST VILLAGE — A pair of Confederate flags hanging in the windows of a building on East Eighth Street has enraged passersby — leading a man to hurl rocks at the residence and forcing police officers to stand guard outside.

The Confederate flags — which neighbors said have hung in the windows for at least months, along with a pair of Israeli flags — stirred outrage this week after white supremacist groups demonstrated in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend, leaving a woman dead. On Wednesday morning, an incensed man was caught on video pelting the building at 403 E. Eighth St., at Avenue D, with rocks and threatening to break the windows while shouting at an unseen man he believes may be the flag-bearer.

Comments

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3rd ? and israeli flags? thats weird
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2017
    Options
    East Village DJ Arrested For Smashing Windows Of East Village Apartment Hanging The Confederate Flag
    Police arrested a man on Friday night for smashing the windows of an Alphabet City apartment building that had, until Saturday, displayed two dramatically lit Confederate flags from a six-story window.
    Darren Keen, an East Village DJ, was arrested and charged with criminal mischief for causing intentional damage to the windows of the controversial Avenue D apartment building just before 9 p.m. on Friday, according to police. While the NYPD says he threw an object through the windows, Keen told DNAinfo that he climbed onto the building's fire escape and punched through one of the windows that did not contain the flag.
    Keen, who moved to the East Village from Nebraska three years ago, said that the flag first caught his attention last month, and that he grew increasingly frustrated alongside other residents in the wake of the violent, deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville.
    "It's one thing for me, a white Nebraskan, to be annoyed by redneck culture... to actually see the anger and frustration it was causing disadvantaged people in the neighborhood, it escalated my feelings a lot," he said.

After taking out the window, Keen retreated to his nearby apartment on Avenue D, where he made several Instagram posts discussing the incident and displaying his ? hand. "Yo I punched this ? dudes Windows out in front of racist nypd I can't take it any more," wrote Keen. "Now they knocking on door when they come to mine I'm gonna blow a massive weed rip in their face."

Keen told the Post that he did not actually blow a massive weed rip at the cops, who he believes followed him to his apartment by a “trail of blood.”
  • BobOblah
    edited August 2017
    Options

pexne4xg3fw4.png
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their apartment they can hang whatever they want.

The moment you start to try to tell people what they can or cannot do in the privacy of their home you are not holding the moral advantage.

I may not agree with your speech, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Their apartment they can hang whatever they want.

The moment you start to try to tell people what they can or cannot do in the privacy of their home you are not holding the moral advantage.

I may not agree with your speech, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it

Well I ant defend anybody right to preach to ? me and my kind.

Shrugs.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    3rd ? and israeli flags? thats weird

this....I think the person there is trolling the ? outta everybody

oan the dj guy needed some views....maybe got a lil trim out the deal.....nothing more to see here