Oregon Sets Major Precedent,Will No Longer Treat Drug Possession as a Felony,COP R ?

Options
trendsetta1030
trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Koltrain wrote: »
    This a direct response to the white drug epidemic and heroin addiction.. It was war on drugs (black people) and felonies for our community.

Facts my G. And I am disgusted by the hypocrisy. I shouldn't because it's par for the course but this issue is really, really bothering me.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would cops be mad? It's like they think they don't have ? else to do with their time besides make drug busts.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Why would cops be mad? It's like they think they don't have ? else to do with their time besides make drug busts.

cuz they gotta meet their arrest quota. they have to keep their numbers up.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

thats their bread and butter
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody s gonna move there
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully this starts a wave of other states adopting this, drug war is a total failure and the fact that people are still victims of a corrupt system is mind boggling. ? those cops. A cop tried to flex on me once because of the weed I had on me and I let him do his thing before he found my papers saying it was legit. He got so heated that he wasn't getting an easy catch that day and all I did was stay cool.

They'd take your possessions like it's nothing and thats why they want drugs illegal. Drug cash is their bounty. If everything was like pharmaceuticals they might go and work on their ? clearance rates for murders around the country.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    This a direct response to the white drug epidemic and heroin addiction.. It was war on drugs (black people) and felonies for our community.

Facts my G. And I am disgusted by the hypocrisy. I shouldn't because it's par for the course but this issue is really, really bothering me.

Well, I guess you can take solace that this will probably help some black people...maybe. It sucks that ? has to be a problem for them before there can be a solution for us, but it is what it is.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Well, I guess you can take solace that this will probably help some black people...maybe. It sucks that ? has to be a problem for them before there can be a solution for us, but it is what it is.

So by proxy the Oregon government did something for black people? That's the Obama effect.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I could but probably won't.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

So by proxy the Oregon government did something for black people? That's the Obama effect.

Think about it. That's kinda how it always works. I'm betting even with ending slavery and segregation, there were probably a group of white people that were served by that to the extent that made it ok for the government to push for it. I mean Lincoln said himself that he ended slavery to save the Union not because he necessarily believed blacks should be free. So if slavery needed to be ended to save the Union, but the welfare of blacks wasn't even the driving force, what else was there?
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oregon's already had a crazy spike of transplants recently, this will def boost that. I was thinking about moving back, I like the precedent but it's gonna exacerbate other problems the state has.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Typical but none the less I'm glad the communities eyes R open.