Apollo Brown & Planet Asia - Panties In a Jumble

Options
5onblackhandside
5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in The Reason
https://youtu.be/MXD6aXjeSTA

Apollo Brown and Planet Asia a good ass combo!

Comments

• KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Been waiting on this album....the tracks I heard sound filthy already
  • 5onblackhandside
    Options
    Been waiting on this album....the tracks I heard sound filthy already

Word, ? comes out August 25.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is dope. I like that he has switched up his drum kit...

Hopefully another fire collabo album from Apollo. He brings the best out of these older emcees imo...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love when MC's choose Apollo Brown to produce their entire album.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Yeah I just love it when rappers have one producer for their album period...
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This joint sounds so, so, soulful...

I always thought he had a hybrid Ras Kass x Ghostface x Raekwon sound (though alot of rappers like action and gxfr rappers etc have taken that style too these days)...

I think dude is the least westcoast sounding westcoast rapper ever though haha

Apollo Brown & Planet Asia - The Aura
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dft5VyzHs0E
  • 5onblackhandside
    Options
    This joint sounds so, so, soulful...

I always thought he had a hybrid Ras Kass x Ghostface x Raekwon sound (though alot of rappers like action and gxfr rappers etc have taken that style too these days)...

I think dude is the least westcoast sounding westcoast rapper ever though haha

Apollo Brown & Planet Asia - The Aura
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dft5VyzHs0E

Dope video!

This ? do sound like he from New York like he could be a Wu Tang affiliate....... Planet Asia mad underrated if you ask me doe!
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Asia has worked with Wu in the past. I was put on to Planet Asia through Black Knights.

Check out Asia's Black Belt Theatre.

Rae

Camp Lo

Talib

Paul Wall

Make appearances. Sun is crazy official. So much dope Hip Hop being slept on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEo2k2_0Rg
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Im a big fan of that too. I dont know why, but almost everytime an artist works with one producer for their whole album, it tends to always get rave reviews. Like Jay's 4:44, Commons Dreamer and The believer, and those are just a couple recent ones i can think of. Been happening for years and a ton of hip hop classics have come out with a MC/Producer combo album.

I think when multiple producers get involved on a rapper's project, it takes them out of that creative space they were in somehow and that effects the flow of the album. On top of that, every producer has their sound. The beats dont always sound the same, but when you hear a beat before knowing for sure, you can point out "this sounds like a dr. dre beat" or an alchemist beat, etc. Then when too many sounds get put on the project, it just doesnt flow perfectly.

Lot of factors, but Rapper + Producer that they have great chemistry with 8/10 times makes a great album.
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Im a big fan of that too. I dont know why, but almost everytime an artist works with one producer for their whole album, it tends to always get rave reviews. Like Jay's 4:44, Commons Dreamer and The believer, and those are just a couple recent ones i can think of. Been happening for years and a ton of hip hop classics have come out with a MC/Producer combo album.

I think when multiple producers get involved on a rapper's project, it takes them out of that creative space they were in somehow and that effects the flow of the album. On top of that, every producer has their sound. The beats dont always sound the same, but when you hear a beat before knowing for sure, you can point out "this sounds like a dr. dre beat" or an alchemist beat, etc. Then when too many sounds get put on the project, it just doesnt flow perfectly.

Lot of factors, but Rapper + Producer that they have great chemistry with 8/10 times makes a great album.

Thats exactly my thoughts, looking back historically most classic albums had one producer, or near enough like off the top (i might be wrong, but nearly every track) 'The Chronic', '? ', 'Mecca and the Soul Brother', '36 Chambers', 'O.B.4.C.L', 'Paid In Full', 'The Dairy', etc they all flowed and put you in a zone, like you KNOW whos album it was/is, you can feel it, like you knew you were listening to a Pete Rock or Marly Marl album, or a Warren G album... Theyre not just compilation albums with a whos, who in the feature or production world, just to say you got them on you project or for the sake of it...

Im not saying you dont get dope albums with a few producers on a joint, especially if everyone is on the same page, but I just feel quite often these days you get a rapper and they email or speak to producer and be like I need a beat from you (or a feature), then its sent over, and then say is done like 7 or 8 times to various other producers and an album can just end up sounding like one big mixtape or compilation album...

Also I like albums that follow themes too, which is why Masta Ace is one of my all time favourite rappers, for me listing to his albums is like like an audio book...
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options