How often do you prejudge or get prejudged?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
share your stories for both

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People think I'm nice, I'm not.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont really judge but I do project my ? on everybody sometimes lol

like most of my trust issues stem from ? I did to other people, hence making it "not impossible" for somebody to do it to me lmao

one kinda judgemental thing I've been doing lately is dismissing people and/or their opinions if they're not what I deem "successful"....I try to check that ? but cant help it sometimes

dont get prejudged much but most people tell me they thought I was an ? when they first met me
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm big and black so I get prejudged everyday. Funniest is when people act scared around me. Like I'm the one that's probably gonna do something to save the day if ? really get ill. I'm the safe bet... not once I see that reaction tho. Then you on your own.

I prejudge all the time tho. ? . My head stay on swivel. For your protection. Top flight security of the world. The world.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every gotdamn day and so does everyone else. Its apart of the human existence to create pre-existing thoughts about a person or subject until further review.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like what George Clooney said in: The Men Who Stare @ Goats. " Yes, I stereotype. It makes things faster.". That's the Ghetto Gospel tho! One trait I keep highlighted is I am a very good judge of character. Especially with women and whites. A necessity out here. I'm usually spot on so it's part of my daily. Devil's world so I'm extremely covert but I get the results from folks I desire. Was taught don't ever look @ it as a bad thing 2 use someone 2 Ur advantage. Just don't take advantage of someone.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    I'm from Philly, I have a beard,
    I'll start the story, I'm sure you can fill in the rest.... I went to the store and ordered a ham and cheese sandwich. The two Muslim sisters behind me were outraged........

West Philly or gtown?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    People think I'm a thug or a tough guy

fxnzqp8mhwln.png
    But I'm a sweet heart

And I assume any ? under 20 wit skinny jeans and tight shirt got a gun wit an unnecessary extended clip somewhere on his person

good point....
    damn barrel the size of the leg an ? can't throw hands for ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Every gotdamn day and so does everyone else. Its apart of the human existence to create pre-existing thoughts about a person or subject until further review.

cotdamn it...

can we keep it to a discussion round table type thing.

ole this can end after my statement ass ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    If you are dressed like Chief Keef, I will cancel your uber with no ? given.

as you should
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    people don't know what to think of me...they can't tell if I'm about to rob them or start crying.

most aren't sure how to approach me until I speak....
    even then....with my tone.....most can't figure if I'm serious or joking
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    image.jpg
    This is you right? Sheeeiit, i believe you.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I work my tail off at work, being a racehorse while the others act like donkeys.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never judge .. I don't know people's stories or what they been through. Also when I've judged in the past I looked like a real ass because the person was the complete opposite.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    image.jpg
    This is you right? Sheeeiit, i believe you.

I'd trust it more if she was mugged up on that pic
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    I simply make reasonable assumptions based off what one presents. If it looks like it'd be in my best interest to keep my distance...then I do.

As far as if people prejudge me... Always have...or at least that's the way I've always felt. A few teachers looked at me like they figured I would be the trouble-maker, some parents would come off like they thought I was gonna be the bad influence, and bouncers would often pick me out as the reason why we couldn't get in. I get it... I'm quiet and reserved and they mistook that for "sneaky". They would lighten up tho once they got to know me and saw I was just observative and that it was other students or they kids that was the ? ups.

Them bouncers was just some hoe ass ? tho...
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? clutch dey purse and nuggas cuff dey girl extra hard when dey see me

i dont give a ? bout you purse or ya ? !
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tend to observe instead of (pre) judging someone...been around the world and people keep me amazed...you could be a ? and I'll still see the light in you. Don't get me wrong, all call you a ? boy if you're one but it ain't ever that serious simply because I'm indifferent to whatever you do and I'm to old to fall back to petty absolute judgement.

Which also means I don't care if people pre judge me. For some reason people tend to mistake my indifference for warmth. Wherever I go people feel comfortable around me and tell me their life stories. Mofos opening up during business deals n ? and I have to pretend to give a ? . I could have been a brilliant psychologist, lobbiest or politician.

It's all about appearance though. I rock suits casually. Keep my beard neat...and people think positive cause I'm handsome af n charismatic...sometimes I rock football(soccer for you muricans) tracksuits and people fall back to fear or treat me like a coffeeshop (drugs) tourist lmao.

? all in the eye of the beholder.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wear a suit and people call me sir, wear a tracksuit and it's 'yo, hey' etc etc. Funniest thing is when you fly first class and you're rocking olympique Lyon football training gear and ? look at you like you don't belong there. Rock a suit and mofos nod and smile n ? .

Pre judgement is human nature. In Dutch we have a saying that translates as : you can only make a first impression once... People tend to make their minds up based on appearance and stick with that ? regardless of what follows...