JOE B SAYS CAMRON IS THE REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH & CAM'S THE REASON THEY LISTEN TO THEM

Options

Comments

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GTFOH
    Beta wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    So the south just didn't have dope music that made em hot across the country, naaa camron told NY that the south was cool and made em embrace em. Gotcha.

No one said the south wasn't making good music.. Any one with a brain knows that the south was making good music.. Only certain people in NY was ? with the south music. It became more mainstream in NY when the Dips starting moving and collaborating with Southern Artists.. The Bonecrushers, The Lil Flips, The TI's of the world. Dipset isn't even the only New York group to do this though.. Drag-On had a big record with Juvenile.. Hov hopped on the Ha remix.. It was a slow process but once the Dips jumped on.. The floodgates were opened so to speak..

These ? insecure and emotional and post w/o thinking

Says the ? that caped for Troy ave like he was his son, man ? u and what u think. lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    So the south just didn't have dope music that made em hot across the country, naaa camron told NY that the south was cool and made em embrace em. Gotcha.

No one said the south wasn't making good music.. Any one with a brain knows that the south was making good music.. Only certain people in NY was ? with the south music. It became more mainstream in NY when the Dips starting moving and collaborating with Southern Artists.. The Bonecrushers, The Lil Flips, The TI's of the world. Dipset isn't even the only New York group to do this though.. Drag-On had a big record with Juvenile.. Hov hopped on the Ha remix.. It was a slow process but once the Dips jumped on.. The floodgates were opened so to speak..

Says the ? that caped for Troy ave like he was his son, man ? u and what u think. lol

Lol what is with y'all with troy ave? Lol it got nothing to do with the thread

I was caping for JUSTICE!
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    moyo wrote: »

Lol what is with y'all with troy ave? Lol it got nothing to do with the thread

I was caping for JUSTICE!

I love troy
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who emotional bruh? ? in here just stating facts. No personal insults were being thrown.
  • Beta
    Options
    Who emotional bruh? ? in here just stating facts. No personal insults were being thrown.

I didn't say you
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    The more I think about this the more silly it sounds..... So the whole East coast became more open to the whole South rap scene becuz Dipset started messing with Wayne??? ? how did y'all feel about Wayne B4 the Dipset cosign and what song made Wayne more a staple and door opener in NY "Suck it or Not" or "Make it rain" becuz when ppl interview Joe they say the same thing to him that becuz he started messing with Wayne he opened the door for South music to be coo in NY.... Somebody lying

From my recollection Wayne wasn't popping like that up here until The Carter 2. It's obvious in the south Wayne was viewed differently. Up here (for the most part) Wayne wasn't taken seriously.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The more I think about this the more silly it sounds..... So the whole East coast became more open to the whole South rap scene becuz Dipset started messing with Wayne??? ? how did y'all feel about Wayne B4 the Dipset cosign and what song made Wayne more a staple and door opener in NY "Suck it or Not" or "Make it rain" becuz when ppl interview Joe they say the same thing to him that becuz he started messing with Wayne he opened the door for South music to be coo in NY.... Somebody lying

From my recollection Wayne wasn't popping like that up here until The Carter 2. It's obvious in the south Wayne was viewed differently. Up here (for the most part) Wayne wasn't taken seriously.

I'm not saying Wayne was I'm saying one rapper made y'all open to a whole region??? It took Wayne to hop on Dipset tracks for y'all to think "ok the South is cool"?? I'm ok with Dipset playing a role in Wayne success in the East but the whole South?? That's a lil crazy
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH

I didn't say you

Yea he was saying me, but he ain't say me..... how is ? scared over the internet, say that ? nephew.
  • Beta
    Options

I didn't say you

Yea he was saying me, but he ain't say me..... how is ? scared over the internet, say that ? nephew.

I'm saying Y'ALL
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

I'm not saying Wayne was I'm saying one rapper made y'all open to a whole region??? It took Wayne to hop on Dipset tracks for y'all to think "ok the South is cool"?? I'm ok with Dipset playing a role in Wayne success in the East but the whole South?? That's a lil crazy

It's complicated to explain. Because Outkast, Scarface, some Cash Money, Ludacris etc got play up here.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Wayne was a platinum artist in 99 with the block is hot but these ? finna sit here and say Santana was more popular? I tell u smh

So you sayin Wayne has been one of the most popular artists since 99? Stop it bro
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Wayne was a platinum artist in 99 with the block is hot but these ? finna sit here and say Santana was more popular? I tell u smh

So you sayin Wayne has been one of the most popular artists since 99? Stop it bro

He was in a platinum group and was a solo platinum solo artist before a dipset or santana was heard of homie
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Lil Wayne rocking the Dip Set shirt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rAIChH3z8
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT

He was in a platinum group and was a solo platinum solo artist before a dipset or santana was heard of homie

200.gif
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT

That's like saying Tony Yayo was better than Joey Badass at a certain point bec he was in a platinum group before he came on the scene
  • Beta
    Options
    Aneed a troll lmao
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Killa mad influential. Pay homage b.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Aneed a troll lmao

Naw I'm a truth teller
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Hell nawl.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone do a your favorite Dipset songs thread ...
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    So we sayin wayne wasnt a plat artist in 1999 aint that a million people
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Prior to Dipset only southern rappers I heard people here uptown ? with was Scarface and Outkast and maybe some UGK. I myself had 8ball & MJG albums. I was listening to Goodie Mob and Devin the Dude but I'm a weirdo hip hop nerd. I was the only person I knew who knew what the ? that even was back in like 98.

Yeah you would hear No Limit and Cash Money around the city sometimes but only when they were trendy in 97, 98 and 99. It never lasted.

Then after Cam cosigned a lot of southern cats here in NY & co-opted a lot of their sounds and style on his records and the crunk movement popped off you started to hear more southern ? uptown and around the city. Then T.I. droppes Trap Muzik and Jeezy dropped TM 101 and it was a wrap. It's been trap music in these city streets ever since.

I think the only time I heard traditional ? out of a car in recent memory was back when P died and people were bumping Mobb ? . That and when that Jay-Z album whatever it was called dropped recently.

So I kinda get what he means but in typical Buttons fashion he wasn't very clear or eloquent with it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH

That's like saying Tony Yayo was better than Joey Badass at a certain point bec he was in a platinum group before he came on the scene

Wayne was also the best person in Cash money.
  • Beta
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

That's not saying much
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Shizlansky wrote: »

That's not saying much

Juvenile > Troy Ave