I need someone to make sense of Farrakhan being born again....

Options
2»

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I don't think it's anyone's place to denounce. If, Farrahkhan and his followers "choose" to go down this route it's their prerogative. It's the same as making a choice to believe in any other spiritual\belief system.

To some extent I agree, but only if they separate themselves. I think there is a problem when you claim to be a member of one belief system but push things that are fundamentally inconsistent with that system.

Muslims do not fully believe we are totally different from Jew or Christians. Jew and Christians are referred to as people of the book. And those that follow the Torah (jews) and Injil (christians) according to there original revelation to worship ? and ? only are on the "right path". A Muslim has to believe in ALL of the prophets and the religious books sent to the people for guidance in order to consider oneself a Muslim. There are five other pillars which, I will not bore you with.

So, with this being the case Farrakhan doesn't see himself as preaching\teaching against Islamic tenets.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think it's anyone's place to denounce. If, Farrahkhan and his followers "choose" to go down this route it's their prerogative. It's the same as making a choice to believe in any other spiritual\belief system.

To some extent I agree, but only if they separate themselves. I think there is a problem when you claim to be a member of one belief system but push things that are fundamentally inconsistent with that system.

Muslims do not fully believe we are totally different from Jew or Christians. Jew and Christians are referred to as people of the book. And those that follow the Torah (jews) and Injil (christians) according to there original revelation to worship ? and ? only are on the "right path". A Muslim has to believe in ALL of the prophets and the religious books sent to the people for guidance in order to consider oneself a Muslim. There are five other pillars which, I will not bore you with.

So, with this being the case Farrakhan doesn't see himself as preaching\teaching against Islamic tenets.

Yeah, but doesn't the Quran specifically condemn the Christian deification of Jesus and the Jewish reverence shown towards Moses?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, but doesn't the Quran specifically condemn the Christian deification of Jesus and the Jewish reverence shown towards Moses?

Not if they follow their books as originally intended.

There is a debate however that both the Torah and Bible have been corrupted and changed by man.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

There is a debate however that both the Torah and Bible have been corrupted and changed by man.

They most certainly have. The Quaran likely has too, though probably not to the same extent since it's not a compendium of different books from different authors like the Bible and Torah.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They most certainly have. The Quaran likely has too, though probably not to the same extent since it's not a compendium of different books from different authors like the Bible and Torah.

Not defending it, but there are about 3 million people on earth that have memorized the koran. They are called Hafiz. There have always been a group of Hafiz ever since prophet Muhammads time. They are to gaurd the Koran from ever being changed.

I personally cant sit here and say I believe that the Koran has always stayed the same though.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Accepting Christ as your savior, and believing in his divinity would though.

As Muslims we believe that the return of Jesus pbuh will bring the coming of the Mahdi, or Messiah, but not that Jesus pbuh is the Messiah himself.

Perhaps someone who is more familiar with NOI beliefs can confirm or deny this, but isn't Wallace Fard Muhammad considered Allah incarnate on Earth in their beliefs? If so, then this alone would make what they believe outside the realm of Islam and not Muslims in the first place
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This cool and all, but this like the reformed kingpin coming back to the hood and saying it ain't cool to slang dope.

doxhce5yg5w7.png
    I think we way past that my ?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They believe the bible is about us now like chattel slavery they dont believe the ? was prophecy
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Accepting Christ as your savior, and believing in his divinity would though.

As Muslims we believe that the return of Jesus pbuh will bring the coming of the Mahdi, or Messiah, but not that Jesus pbuh is the Messiah himself.

Perhaps someone who is more familiar with NOI beliefs can confirm or deny this, but isn't Wallace Fard Muhammad considered Allah incarnate on Earth in their beliefs? If so, then this alone would make what they believe outside the realm of Islam and not Muslims in the first place

Correct. But I am not arguing what I believe as a Muslim. I am assuming what Farrakhan may believe.

Fard did consider himself as such. But the NOI theology has morphed over the many years of it's existence.

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , try to make sense of anyone being "born again".
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Not defending it, but there are about 3 million people on earth that have memorized the koran. They are called Hafiz. There have always been a group of Hafiz ever since prophet Muhammads time. They are to gaurd the Koran from ever being changed.

I personally cant sit here and say I believe that the Koran has always stayed the same though.

This is correct. The Quran is preserved through the Hafiz. And for Muslims it's a promise from ? that the Quran would remain untainted. You could put a Hafiz from different countries in a room and they would all recite the Quran the exact same. Now translations and interpretations are an entirely different thing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

lol of all the things in the Bible that should be one of the easiest to understand. "Born Again" is just a symbolic term and it's not even limited to Christian lexicon.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol of all the things in the Bible that should be one of the easiest to understand. "Born Again" is just a symbolic term and it's not even limited to Christian lexicon.

So it's BS like the rest of the bible then ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

So it's BS like the rest of the bible then ?

If that's what you choose to believe, sure.