The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    They don’t have him either . Next big bad is the skrulls/ kree

What ? sold off the rights to Kang knowing full well that he's strictly a Avengers villian. Marvel was ? up back in the day

Well his real name Nathaniel richards but I Can't remember exactly when he became related to reed
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Film was good, funny in places in a real offer kilter way (if you've seen the directors previous work then you should know what to expect), but it still follows a similar path to most of the other movies from Marvel in terms of structure, when i think about it, there really isn't much of a plot.

Oh and Cate Blanchett was sexy af (never thought this before), even if she was a bit of a naff villain.

Where you see it breh?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    We all just have to wait and see. Spider-Man was a big surprise. They might be filming Kang and F4 for Avengers 4. Marvel has ways to get what they want, and money.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think fox is gonna work a deal out for f4 and just keep the mutants tbh. Every time they do something f4 related it's not very successful. F4 is a hard team to make super cool i would think, but just having access to all their characters and villains could set up the next major build up story.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I think fox is gonna work a deal out for f4 and just keep the mutants tbh. Every time they do something f4 related it's not very successful. F4 is a hard team to make super cool i would think, but just having access to all their characters and villains could set up the next major build up story.

Look how easy the A converts to a 4 on the building. The signs are there. Marvel already has the rights, they are just keeping secrets
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Film was good, funny in places in a real offer kilter way (if you've seen the directors previous work then you should know what to expect), but it still follows a similar path to most of the other movies from Marvel in terms of structure, when i think about it, there really isn't much of a plot.

Oh and Cate Blanchett was sexy af (never thought this before), even if she was a bit of a naff villain.

Where you see it breh?

Early release in the UK.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Look how easy the A converts to a 4 on the building. The signs are there. Marvel already has the rights, they are just keeping secrets

Tbh i think they do as well. We've been hearing rumors for a good minute that a deal was in the works. Of course they could just be rumors, but rumors of Spiderman joining the MCU hit damn near right after Amazing Spiderman 2 was released. I always had a feeling they would get Spidey back too. If they can get a major character like Spiderman back into their line up, even if its a joint deal and they have to split the money, they can for sure get F4 and their characters back. I think Fox would be more than willing to not take a chance on another major movie flop and just sit back and collect their checks.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

^^Jeremy Renner in new costume. They are saying he will not be Hawkeye in this movie, but instead go by "Ronin" like he did after civil war in the comics.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

^^Jeremy Renner in new costume. They are saying he will not be Hawkeye in this movie, but instead go by "Ronin" like he did after civil war in the comics.

lol who cares what he wants to call himself now
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Tbh i think they do as well. We've been hearing rumors for a good minute that a deal was in the works. Of course they could just be rumors, but rumors of Spiderman joining the MCU hit damn near right after Amazing Spiderman 2 was released. I always had a feeling they would get Spidey back too. If they can get a major character like Spiderman back into their line up, even if its a joint deal and they have to split the money, they can for sure get F4 and their characters back. I think Fox would be more than willing to not take a chance on another major movie flop and just sit back and collect their checks.

To me Spider-Man gave it away when it was said the building was sold
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said doctor doom needs to be the villain for avengers 4 if it is the skrull in avengers 3
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Doctor Doom would be so badass for MCU. Seeing the team fight a proper Galactus would be epic as well. Could probably get the other well known celestials involved at that point too. I think we will be seeing a lot more of the celestials in the next couple of Phases since its pretty much been confirmed the next phase or 2 will be more cosmic.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

you don't know about ronin. I hope he wears the mask
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

you don't know about ronin. I hope he wears the mask

Does Ronin have anything different than Hawkeye? or is it just his new Persona?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Another Marvel Banger

Its very good but cant say its great, its got that first Guardians charm to it. A really good story about the recurring them of family and the complicated relationship between Thor, Loki and Odin. Really done well. Loki should never be killed off coz their chemistry as brothers is really dope.

Probably the most hilarious marvel joint to date , the wit & jokes come quick and fast (some do not stick) but its not as forced as GOTG 2 , I would 90% of the humour/Jokes really works and its from the whole cast.

Thor/Chris Hemsworth comedic timing is just perfect , he obviously kills it as the ? of Thunder and of yall were disappointed that in the previous movies they didnt show his full power potential Taika comes through with it in this one.

Loki/Tom Hiddleston was the best casting of an anti villian dude always delivers in the marvel franchise. Thor/Loki relationship is the heart of this movie.

Hulk/Bruce Banner was fantastic in this , dude was hilarious probably had the funniest lines. Hulk and Thor’s relationship is really dope as hell.

Valkeryie/Tessa Thompson was hella dope in this and killed it with the screentime she had.

Hela/Cate Blanchett was a decent villian underdeveloped but she did the best she could with what she was given and was fine as ? in this.I really wish we coulda got more back story coz she was putting in work on everybody. Badass.

Korg was funny & Jeff Goldblum/Grandmaster playing pretty mich himself was funny too.Idris/Heimdall also comes through and does his thing. Karl Urban/Executioner was aight he did have his moments.

some surprising cameos in this too.

That wide lens/scale camera marvel uses to capture the cosmic landscape scope is freakin amazing.

Really dope action scenes and color pallete.

I know i emphasize the humor in this alot but it is not an outright comedy more in the Action Adventure/ Indiana Jones type.

i will give it a solid 8/10.

There are 2 post credit scenes btw
    didn't like how the ‘Warriors Three’ went out , they deserved better deaths.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Like I said doctor doom needs to be the villain for avengers 4 if it is the skrull in avengers 3

Thanos will still be the villain for Avengers 4. That's been confirmed.
  • Beta
    Options

Oh I'm tripping I literally forgot avengers 3 and 4 was the infinity wars
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Oh I'm tripping I literally forgot avengers 3 and 4 was the infinity wars

lol It's all good. When they announced the possible Skrulls stuff with Captain Marvel, lots of people thought they might have something new for 4.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    They don’t have him either . Next big bad is the skrulls/ kree

What ? sold off the rights to Kang knowing full well that he's strictly a Avengers villian. Marvel was ? up back in the day

To me Spider-Man gave it away when it was said the building was sold

That’s probably for Norman Osborne
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Captain marvel is the bridge between avengers 3 and 4. So if anything it’s the skrulls also having something to do in4 imo
  • Beta
    Options
    Captain marvel is the bridge between avengers 3 and 4. So if anything it’s the skrulls also having something to do in4 imo

But I thought it took place in the 90s?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    It does take place in the 90s. We will probably learn the connection in infinity war 1
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time to disappear until after I see it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

But I thought it took place in the 90s?

It does, but Captain Marvel is set to pop up in Avengers 4. It's already been stated that she will be the most powerful MCU hero, so I'm guessing she's going to make the difference.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    She’s in avengers 3 as well