The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My big takeaway:

I want to fornicate with Hela. The white man won.

this is a lol and a cosign
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Still Heimdall is/has an infinity gem. I dunno if he's infused with it or what but I'm still convinced of it

No he doesn't, he just has all father sight. Odin could of given it to someone else but he trust hiemdall

all father sight? what that mean?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Still Heimdall is/has an infinity gem. I dunno if he's infused with it or what but I'm still convinced of it

No he doesn't, he just has all father sight. Odin could of given it to someone else but he trust hiemdall

Certain things happen and Odin sees it immediately. Like in the first Thor film when Loki let a couple Frost giants in, Odin was at that ceremony but sensed what was happening in the vault.

I barely read comic info and even I recognized where they were going with
    EcYRc402_0501170942311gpadd.jpg
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This should help explain the film's humor and tone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpTdK2kn6TA
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Certain things happen and Odin sees it immediately. Like in the first Thor film when Loki let a couple Frost giants in, Odin was at that ceremony but sensed what was happening in the vault.

Is that thor or odin?
  • soul rattler
    Options

Is that thor or odin?

King Thor
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope movie. Hulk was corny tho. I like the mute Hulk better. Everyone else was on point.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Seen it in 4DX on Thursday. ? was dope as ? and funny as ? .
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I don't know if I can give it a score yet. I want to see it again.

But I could've done with a quarter of the humor that we got and the movie would've been so much better for me. I don't care for the director's brand of comedy. 6 months from now, no one will be laughing at Thor spinning on a chain trying to talk.

Really, this is the Thor movie we've been asking for. No Earth, no puny humans, no Jane Foster forced love interest, no Kat Dennings. We got a space exploration infused with Norse mythology. Not so much a buddy cop like they said it would be (luckily). 3 movies like this, minus the comedy and extremely fast pacing would have made this a GOAT trilogy contender.

Also, I wish I hadn't seen any of the trailers. As a movie goer, I was given false expectations that were unnecessarily included. They should've omitted
    giant Surtur, Hela crushing Mjnoir, homeless Odin, King Thor, and Hulk altogether
    from the ads. They kinda spoiled the movie in key spots where I would rather have been seeing them for the first time.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was that fing fang foom?

Also fratricide is rampant in asgard
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever said Hela was a weak villain was wrong AF. She damn near killed everybody in the movie.

She murked everyone one from thor 1
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie and like @sapp08_2001 stated Hela was one of the best and most powerful villains in any marvel film to date

She was killing hordes of people with ease and they actually had Thor kicking ass with ease unlike most of the other movies
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Hela is the first villain since Red Skull who I actually wanted to live.

We better see her fine ass in that black and green outfit again.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if I can give it a score yet. I want to see it again.

But I could've done with a quarter of the humor that we got and the movie would've been so much better for me. I don't care for the director's brand of comedy. 6 months from now, no one will be laughing at Thor spinning on a chain trying to talk.

Really, this is the Thor movie we've been asking for. No Earth, no puny humans, no Jane Foster forced love interest, no Kat Dennings. We got a space exploration infused with Norse mythology. Not so much a buddy cop like they said it would be (luckily). 3 movies like this, minus the comedy and extremely fast pacing would have made this a GOAT trilogy contender.

Also, I wish I hadn't seen any of the trailersI. As a movie goer, I was given false expectations that were unnecessarily included. They should've omitted
    giant Surtur, Hela crushing Mjnoir, homeless Odin, King Thor, and Hulk altogether
    from the ads. They kinda spoiled the movie in key spots where I would rather have been seeing them for the first time.

See what I mean? Itry to tell you guys but not too many of you listen. Do you think I to all that ? ' and bellyaching because I like hearing the sound of my own voice? I do it for the good of us all. Its better to go into these movies blind as possible and a TV spot and full trailer is all you need. All of the still pics and Instagram clips are unnecessary. Its like finding the Christmas presents your parents hid from you 10 days before Christmas day.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She will be back to serve as the replacement for death for thanos
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I love this movie. This is clearly Marvel’s best year wow.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I love this movie. This is clearly Marvel’s best year wow.

allowing their directors more creative freedom will always produce dope ? , i think they are now at that level of comfort with their product to experiment.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Marvel Aint losing

Thor Ragnorak already made $400 mill global box office.

marketing to china is where its at.
  • soul rattler
    Options

She will be back to serve as the replacement for death for thanos

Much as I hope so, there's just as much evidence that she won't be back as there is that she will be back.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    If anyone need to be back they need to bring back Korg the gawd.

I've heard a lot of people say they loved the movie but hates the fact that Hulk talked so much. Which to me mute angry Hulk is basically another thrreat. I liked the fact that he was talking and moreso like his original form from the original comics.

i like the fact that he is a pertulent child who cant really express himself but only through rage and anger. Also really liked the argument scene between Hulk and Thor, and his feelings toward not being wanted on earth or wanting to belong.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ? sold our at my local theater ima hit the one the next town over in a lil bit.

Ima cry if I don't see it today...