The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Matt Reeves wants Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman , i like that pick.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    aight so i really enjoyed the movie. i thought the beginning was a bit rushed, how it just cut from scene to scene. But it wasnt distracting enough to take away from the movie. I felt like it was a little short and i wasnt blown away but at the end of the day i came out satisfied. The humor was a nice touch and didnt feel forced, it was in the right spots in the context of the movie.
    The green lantern flashback appearance and how the ring got flung into earth was a cool foreshadowing. Flash was definately dope im looking forward to seeing more of him, and i was surprised by how much i liked cyborg. They gave him a bit of depth portraying him as seein himself as a monster. I think Aquaman was under utilized but thats probably cuz theyre saving his backstory for the movie next year. People are complaining about the villain but i didnt have a problem with him at all. His motivations were clear, to redeem himself to darkseid and transform Earth into Apokolips. He wrecked all of the amazons, the atlanteans, and the league in the beginning so im not sure how people say he looked weak. His face was a bit weak but not enough to distract you. I wish they wouldve used the actors actual face. The post credits scene with deathstroke was dope as ? , just seein him on the big screen. I was a lil dissapointed we didnt get black suit superman for at least a min, and just a small darkseid tease

but those were minor gripes. and it was pretty cool cuz i brought my kids who wore their superman and wonder woman costumes and they had the whole league there to take pictures with in the theater. Elfmans score was like non existent though, nothing stood out particularly like all the themes in BVS. this needed hans and junkie to give it a more epic feel.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah Elfmans theme brought me back to good times as a kid, loved the 89 batman theme incorporated.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It felt shorter because a lot of stuff was removed because people kept ? about length
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I really loved how they showed the strength of Superman. Yes he is suppose to be OP like that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll type a lil review later but anyone that says this movie was straight up bad is lying and looking for attention.

It's at least an ok film but to a guy like me who braced to see a ? of a movie, it was got damn amazing.

8/10

I agree that some people are probably exaggerating how bad the movie is, but come, we can't just be calling a movie great because we expected it to be ? and it wasn't. lol
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what's the verdict? Go see it or wait for the Kodi gang to press them?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can go see it, its not a waste of money
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Mark Kermode review:

https://youtu.be/hsLcTO2a0Ec

"This is the kind of film which, by comparison, Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin is a masterclass in coherence, in character development, in razor sharp storytelling"
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash or pass?
    qgvkealned29.jpg
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll type a lil review later but anyone that says this movie was straight up bad is lying and looking for attention.

It's at least an ok film but to a guy like me who braced to see a ? of a movie, it was got damn amazing.

8/10

Wait so was it good or did you just lower the bar?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Smash or pass?
    qgvkealned29.jpg

amy-poehler-trap.gif
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Smash or pass?
    qgvkealned29.jpg

amy-poehler-trap.gif

either that or a very stupid question with an obvious answer......
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why they took out the scene where someone was talking to Alfred smh
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I couldnt get into it because I ? 2cans of steel reserve back to back and I kept blacking out in second intervals every 15 minutes. Add to the fact that there was no air in the theatre. Wtf its 80 degrees down here where I'm at. ? it was uncomfortable as hell. I'll give a review later on tonight prolly.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is everybody beating up on Zack Snyder. He lost his daughter he had to step away from the film. Throw stones at joss whedon he was the one behind everything after Snyder stepped down. Also you guys were right about the CGI. It was three steps away from being sharkboy or spykid graphics. That's not snyders style at all. I'm not really ? on jl but I need to watch it again sober.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie had some great parts but it wasn't mind blowing. I'm really glad that BVS introduced some of the members to each other already so we didn't have to do alot of the introductions.
    That Superman Vs the team fight was great to witness. That alone had me hype Af.

Overall it wasn't classic but it is sightly above AOU level . And yes they had Cyborg say bouyah smh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now reports say Justice League wont even ? 100 million opening weekend domestically.. welp. If true not good at all..ideally we all want these films to do great and be critically acclaimed. But in my opinion I always felt a movie getting ? on or mixed reviews by critics does less damage than a financial flop does.

If it underperforms financially, will WB still have the incentive to do all these DCEU films with these big budgets? Rumors abound saying Flashpoint film getting done, is based on how well Justice League does at the Box Office.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Now reports say Justice League wont even ? 100 million opening weekend domestically.. welp. If true not good at all..ideally we all want these films to do great and be critically acclaimed. But in my opinion I always felt a movie getting ? on or mixed reviews by critics does less damage than a financial flop does.

If it underperforms financially, will WB still have the incentive to do all these DCEU films with these big budgets? Rumors abound saying Flashpoint film getting done, is based on how well Justice League does at the Box Office.

I highly doubt itll do less than 100 mill opening weekend, batman vs superman did way more and was ? on 10x worse by critics than this
  • farris2k1
    Options
    I saw it. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I couldnt get into it because I ? 2cans of steel reserve back to back and I kept blacking out in second intervals every 15 minutes. Add to the fact that there was no air in the theatre. Wtf its 80 degrees down here where I'm at. ? it was uncomfortable as hell. I'll give a review later on tonight prolly.

Steel reserve is trash my ? lol
  • lazypakman
    edited November 2017
    Options

I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states, shiìiiiiit it might not even make 200.

• farris2k1
    Options
    I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states.

I really hoe

I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states, shiìiiiiit it might not even make 200.
    Thats just ignorant

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just seen it, I loved it. Critics on some ? . Would've been cool to see more Mera but I'll wait until the solo. I'm going again tomorrow 1030 show
  • lazypakman
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I'll say it now, this won't break 300 domestically in the states.

I really hoe

Thats just ignorant

It really isn't, i remember saying BVS wouldn't make a billi (it should have done, it didn't :disappointed: ), and people here were adamant it would.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It'll do numbers. Far more batman and superman fans than hating critics