The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't even know how much Batman is in the movie though. He might only be in 25% of it.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I really hope it works out. Based on Walt, he could play a very good Lex imo. I didnt even think of him for the role of lex but now that its out there im excited as ? .

the thing is, cranston is 57. by the time he would film, he'd be damn near 60. is that too old for Lex? Granted, they probably don't need him to be around for too many films (2-3 at most?)

If they do go for someone that age, you can bet they will get an older Batman, since Bruce Wayne + Lex would obviously be portrayed as colleagues, maybe even friends, in the movies.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    We don't even know how much Batman is in the movie though. He might only be in 25% of it.

Its gonna be called Batman Vs Superman or Superman Vs Batman
    Speaks for itself.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Speaks for itself.

Says who?
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Seeing Strong on that show debuting after breaking bad. Dude really, really looks like Lex Luthor. Crazy that 2 AMC stars going at it for the same role.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why not have Joseph Gordon Levitt play nightwing or a new batman that would be cool
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Kola wrote: »
    why not have Joseph Gordon Levitt play nightwing or a new batman that would be cool

tracey-jordan-nope.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Speaks for itself.

Says who?

David Goyer the movie's writer said that a couple of weeks ago.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Seeing Strong on that show debuting after breaking bad. Dude really, really looks like Lex Luthor. Crazy that 2 AMC stars going at it for the same role.

Out of those 2 I favor Strong. He could still convincingly play a 40 something year old which is more than likely where Lex will fall as he's usually not much older than Superman save for Superman The Movie & the beginning of post-crisis DC before he ended up with the younger clone body. Cranston looks his age. Not only that though if Strong got cast he will go down as the guy who played 2 of DC's most iconic villains since he was also Sinestro a.k.a. the best part of the GL movie.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nooooo. why does everyone want them to connect it to the nolan batman universe? I'm surprised I haven't seen any "well they want an older batman, why don't they have Michael Caine do it?" suggestions yet. That's like having George Clooney show up in Batman Begins, or Brandon Routh in Man Of Steel
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad guys, well I'm not as informed as you guys. But isn't Nolan the lead producer of Superman?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing rumors that orlando bloom has been added to the list of batman candidates not feeling that one too muuch
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    My bad guys, well I'm not as informed as you guys. But isn't Nolan the lead producer of Superman?

There's no such thing as "lead producer" in the movie industry. But yes he's an executive producer on these movies but that doesn't mean they have to follow any continuity he established in his Batman movies. Especially when he really doesn't want them to. Michael Uslan has produced every single live action Batman movie WB has ever released. Having a producer in common doesn't mean you have to be a slave to the narrative of a previous iteration.

Chances are the Batman your grandchildren will see one day on the big screen will have jack and ? with any Batman we may see on the big screen in the next couple of years. Superheros like other fictional characters like James Bond and Sherlock Holmes are ever evolving characters for a reason. They're always open to different interpretations across different generations. This is how they survive in the long run and never get stagnant.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was. He was there for guidance on the man of steel film, wasnt a HUGE part of it. Sounds like the more these films come out (DC Superhero films) the less he is going to be involved. David S Goyer is the main producer/writer and Zack Snyder is the only director they got so far.

Nolan's Batman's are not supposed to tie in to these superman/Justice league movies.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish they got paul dini or bruce tim or someone like that d goyer is not a comic book person at all.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    I'm hearing rumors that orlando bloom has been added to the list of batman candidates not feeling that one too muuch

I actually don't hate that idea.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Speaks for itself.

Says who?

Didnt we have this convo already?
    Unless they state otherwise, this is still a sequel to Man Of Steel, not "Batman taking all Supes" Spotlight". So I don't expect to see too much of Bats. The role will obviously be significant, but not overshadowing.

"We're already in pre-production," Goyer told a Comic-Con panel on Sunday. "(The film) comes out in summer of 2015 ... We're actually not sure whether the title is 'Superman vs. Batman' or 'Batman vs. Superman,' but yes, it's that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that's happening."

Director Zack Snyder announced that both he and "Man of Steel" actor Henry Cavill will be returning for the movie. The next film, with the addition of Batman, will be a step to a "Justice League" movie, the answer to the "Avengers" franchise.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/man-steel-sequel-titled-superman-batman-batman-superman-article-1.1406861#ixzz2Zzq68GJ7

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why everyone is infatuated with Nolan's universe being apart of what DC is trying to do.
    I don't think it will make much sense. Just let it go that universe is completely different.
  • Broddie
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Idk why everyone is infatuated with Nolan's universe being apart of what DC is trying to do.
    I don't think it will make much sense. Just let it go that universe is completely different.

Conditioning and lack of imagination. It's like the people who originally talked ? about Batman Begins when it was being marketed just because it wasn't linked to any of the previous Batman movies. People can't understand how varied and opened to different interpretations these characters are until movie makers show them.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If their going older I would go with bloom for sure. Of younger go Chris pine. Bloom would have to bulk up to be next to caville
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Bats in this universe needs to be a little cap and a hint of spidey. He needs to be quick precise and athletic
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt bomer would be a good choice... but he looks a lot like caville
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Dude who plays Harvey on suits would be an awesome Bruce Wayne too
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Matt bomer would be a good choice... but he looks a lot like caville

when jim lee draws bruce and clark, they used to look a lot alike in the comics.

Anyway, wes bentley (the camera kid from American Beauty) is Nolan's choice for Batman.
    http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/08/wes-bentley-apparently-christopher.html
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see wes Bentley....