Rapper Ranking Project: Rapper #5 - Eminem

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy thing tho is I'm not being objective towards Em and I've given him the highest score lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Aight man I'm not gonna go back and forth over something everybody with ears can see you clearly wrong about that's why I said this should be a avg thing and I'm glad it is it's just funny that when you underrated a rapper and ppl don't agree it's becuz they are stans or aren't objective but when you overate a rapper and ppl don't agree they are haters and not objective basically nobody you don't agree with is objective besides you that statement shows you the bias one becuz that basically says you dismissing what doesn't align with your views as stan, hater, bias, subjective etc... No bruh objectively speaking you wrong and overrated him vastly and it's not a bias towards or for anybody thing it's just a fact thing you keep tryna hide behind nobody is being objective but you cop out is a weak attempt to hide the fact that sum of these ratings you making seem bias as hell and this is one of them sorry that's just the truth

You're a really dense dude. Seriously.

I've very rarely even got into claiming someone overrated or underrated. Your score is your score and that's it. I've called people Stans for the reasons they gave for certain scores not the scores themselves. If someone comes into a topic and gives all 5s because "Rapper A is the bestest in the world," I may call that person a Stan because that's a stannish thing to say. I've called some of the people in here haters. It's not because they scored lower than me. I actually think this topic has been the most well done by you guys as far as posting scores and reasonable explanations. So I'm fully willing to admit that I'm overrating Eminem. All I ask is that if people think I'm overrating him, they provide an argument for where my scores are too high. Instead, ya'll come in here with some "Eminem shouldn't be higher than Jay" ? . That's just hating. It's not an objective argument.

And again, you're accusing me of being biased which is stupid. I don't even like Eminem like that. I'm not a Jay fan, but I actually own Jay albums. I don't own anything from Em. I knocked all the other scores out in like half an hour because I actually listen to all of them enough to have insight on them. It took me days to do this topic because I had to really listen to his music again just so that I could attempt to actually be objective.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Alright, so I'm a little torn about the Delivery score because I agree with you about his voice. I wouldn't knock it more than .5 or 1 for that because he changes his voice depending on the song and sometimes within a song. The only thing that keeps me from doing that though is that it's purely subjective reasoning. You're knocking him because you don't personally like the voice. If everybody else is cool with his voice, that's not really a good reason to knock him. However, if most of the people in here agree that his voice detracts from his delivery, I'll lower that score.

I really don't care what everybody else likes. I'm telling you that I think his voice is annoying and that's why I voted the way I did. Asking people to vote "objectively" doesn't work because who's to say if somebody voted objectively or subjectively? And what makes that person's opinion more valid than the person that voted?

I don't really understand you Collaboration score or reasoning. Collaboration is just about how often the rapper works with other high level rappers and how well they measure up beside those rappers when collaborating. You can't possibly think that Em is a 0 in that regard. The fact that many feel he merked Jay alone is enough for his score to not be that absurdly low.

Wrong.

Collaboration doesn't mean, "how often the rapper works with other high level rappers and how well they measure up beside those rappers when collaborating".

Collaboration also means: how often the rapper works with high level PRODUCERS and how well they measure up besides those PRODUCERS when collaborating.

Dr Dre produced Easy E, NWA, D.O.C. and Snoop. Also The Chronic 1 and 2. And GRODT.

Now go back and listen to the work that Eminem did with Dr Dre and ask yourself if Eminem's collaborations are on the same level as Eazy E, NWA, D.O.C., Snoop The Chronic 1 and 2 and GRODT. Thats where the bar is.

If you had to get all the albums that Dr Dre produced and throw one of them in the trash which one would it be?
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand how you can't compare to other rappers? When you give a rapper a score of 5 out of 5 what are you basing it off of? Everything is relative

If Jay-Z said "she like my necklace, started relaxing that's what I call a chain reaction then for Jay-Z I'd give that line like a 3.5 or 4

If wakka flocka said it that would be a 6 out of 5 cuz I think he sucks compared to other rappers

The only way you can't compare anyone is if there is absolutely no one to compare to

If ppl give Eminem a 2.5 or 3 in any categories then it's cuz they are comparing him to the elite in hip hop and that's where he ranks among them you can't just rate someone in a vacuum it doesn't work like that
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

I really don't care what everybody else likes. I'm telling you that I think his voice is annoying and that's why I voted the way I did. Asking people to vote "objectively" doesn't work because who's to say if somebody voted objectively or subjectively? And what makes that person's opinion more valid than the person that voted?

I don't really understand you Collaboration score or reasoning. Collaboration is just about how often the rapper works with other high level rappers and how well they measure up beside those rappers when collaborating. You can't possibly think that Em is a 0 in that regard. The fact that many feel he merked Jay alone is enough for his score to not be that absurdly low.

Wrong.

Collaboration doesn't mean, "how often the rapper works with other high level rappers and how well they measure up beside those rappers when collaborating".

Collaboration also means: how often the rapper works with high level PRODUCERS and how well they measure up besides those PRODUCERS when collaborating.

Dr Dre produced Easy E, NWA, D.O.C. and Snoop. Also The Chronic 1 and 2. And GRODT.

Now go back and listen to the work that Eminem did with Dr Dre and ask yourself if Eminem's collaborations are on the same level as Eazy E, NWA, D.O.C., Snoop The Chronic 1 and 2 and GRODT. Thats where the bar is.

If you had to get all the albums that Dr Dre produced and throw one of them in the trash which one would it be?

Ok, if you have no desire to even answer by the rules, then you shouldn't be mad if I disregard your input. The whole point of the adjusted score is that changes are only made when someone provides an argument. That's how I know if people are being objective. If someone says "Rapper A should have a lower Language score because he rarely ever uses interesting wordplay or any other wording tricks" that's a lot more objective than "Rapper A should have a lower Delivery score because I don't like his voice." The latter example is purely subjective. Again, we're all human, so opinion is going to come into place for all of these, but there is a difference between an opinion that is built on a foundation of facts and opinion that is based on nothing but personal tastes. Either is fine for discussion, but your scoring is supposed to be more along the lines of the first.

Also, I'm not really sure why you feel you can just come into this topic and make up your own definition of a category. I post the rules with every thread. You can clearly see what Collaboration means as it pertains to these topics and it's clearly about other rappers not producers. How do you even assess how a rapper measures up to a producer? They play two different roles in the process. There is no comparison there. However, you can compare two different rappers when they are given the same beat and concept and are essentially rapping with each other.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Lyrics (5) - One of the best lyricist gotta give him that much no explanation needed

Delivery (4) - All them funny voices and yelling take away and bring his delivery down a notch

Language (4.5) - Only reason it's not a 5 is becuz he does spend a lot of his raps really not saying much but it sounds like he saying alot with his words

Story telling (3) - Outside of Stan can't really think of much story telling he has done

Catalog (3.5) - This rating is SOLELY off his first 3 albums...it would be a 4 or higher if the fall off on the actual quality of music wasn't so big

Subject Matter (4) - He touched on alot of subjects in his career especially personal ones they just don't all appeal to us but I'm tryna look outside of just myself here

Creativity (4) - His songs might not be the most creative but he is very creative in what he be saying in the songs as far as his bars

Collaboration (4.5) - Can't think of too many memorable Em collabs I mean there's always Renegade but Em isn't the most collaborating rapper and even then it's very few times he just completely outshines anybody but I'll give him a 4.5 becuz I can't think of times he's been completely outshined either but his resume isn't long enough for a 5

Impact (4) - Sorry Em hasn't had this great impact on hip hop since most of his fans aren't hip hop fans they're just Em fans doesn't do much in the way of business and Shady records outside of signing 50 ain't really impacted hip hop that greatly either

Total score (36.5) - With these categories given no way should his total be above any of the other artists given out the gate this is as objective a Em score you gonna get becuz Jay 34.5 but Em 38.5 is just crazy especially when Pac and BIG have lower scores too you highly overrating Em

@The Lonious Monk bruh do you read or just pick out what you want to I literally gave reasons for everything and why I thought they weren't higher and none of them had to do with another rapper you just tryna ignore it to make it seem like ppl aren't being objective when all ppl are saying is there is absolutely no possible way an objective person can look at those categories and give the other rappers the low scores they got then give Em his scores he got somewhere in there it becomes bias either for a rapper or against a rapper and Jay is the best example becuz ? you gave him a 34 and Em a 38 you telling me the difference between Em and Jay in those categories objectively speaking is that great???? Fool knock it off I call complete ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can't compare to other rappers? When you give a rapper a score of 5 out of 5 what are you basing it off of? Everything is relative

If Jay-Z said "she like my necklace, started relaxing that's what I call a chain reaction then for Jay-Z I'd give that line like a 3.5 or 4

If wakka flocka said it that would be a 6 out of 5 cuz I think he sucks compared to other rappers

The only way you can't compare anyone is if there is absolutely no one to compare to

If ppl give Eminem a 2.5 or 3 in any categories then it's cuz they are comparing him to the elite in hip hop and that's where he ranks among them you can't just rate someone in a vacuum it doesn't work like that

I don't really understand you reasoning, but to explain how this goes you should be considering each category solely on the merits of the rapper.

Of course that means you have to compare the rapper to the field, but not so much to other individual rappers.

Take Storytelling for instance. Why do you need to compare a rapper to anyone else to determine whether they are able to deliver strong, varied, and creative narratives? You can really answer that without thinking about any other rappers at all. Now when scoring, you'll probably need to measure that rapper against your perception of what the standard is for good rappers. For instance, I might give Ghostface a 5 because to me he is one of if not the best storyteller ever in HipHop. That's fair. But my thought process shouldn't be, I give Ghost a 5 because such and such got a 4 and Ghost is way better than him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Lyrics (5) - One of the best lyricist gotta give him that much no explanation needed

Delivery (4) - All them funny voices and yelling take away and bring his delivery down a notch

Language (4.5) - Only reason it's not a 5 is becuz he does spend a lot of his raps really not saying much but it sounds like he saying alot with his words

Story telling (3) - Outside of Stan can't really think of much story telling he has done

Catalog (3.5) - This rating is SOLELY off his first 3 albums...it would be a 4 or higher if the fall off on the actual quality of music wasn't so big

Subject Matter (4) - He touched on alot of subjects in his career especially personal ones they just don't all appeal to us but I'm tryna look outside of just myself here

Creativity (4) - His songs might not be the most creative but he is very creative in what he be saying in the songs as far as his bars

Collaboration (4.5) - Can't think of too many memorable Em collabs I mean there's always Renegade but Em isn't the most collaborating rapper and even then it's very few times he just completely outshines anybody but I'll give him a 4.5 becuz I can't think of times he's been completely outshined either but his resume isn't long enough for a 5

Impact (4) - Sorry Em hasn't had this great impact on hip hop since most of his fans aren't hip hop fans they're just Em fans doesn't do much in the way of business and Shady records outside of signing 50 ain't really impacted hip hop that greatly either

Total score (36.5) - With these categories given no way should his total be above any of the other artists given out the gate this is as objective a Em score you gonna get becuz Jay 34.5 but Em 38.5 is just crazy especially when Pac and BIG have lower scores too you highly overrating Em

@The Lonious Monk bruh do you read or just pick out what you want to I literally gave reasons for everything and why I thought they weren't higher and none of them had to do with another rapper you just tryna ignore it to make it seem like ppl aren't being objective when all ppl are saying is there is absolutely no possible way an objective person can look at those categories and give the other rappers the low scores they got then give Em his scores he got somewhere in there it becomes bias either for a rapper or against a rapper and Jay is the best example becuz ? you gave him a 34 and Em a 38 you telling me the difference between Em and Jay in those categories objectively speaking is that great???? Fool knock it off I call complete ?

I think you don't read. I've said twice now that I have no problem with your scores or the justifications for your scores. They are perfectly fine. This is the third time I've said this. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

I was specifically talking about this statement:
    With these categories given no way should his total be above any of the other artists given out the gate this is as objective a Em score you gonna get becuz Jay 34.5 but Em 38.5 is just crazy especially when Pac and BIG have lower scores too you highly overrating Em

and other statements where you basically said I wasn't being objective because I rated Em higher. Those are subjective statements. You like the other rappers better than Em and criticizing my score based solely on your opinion that they are better. I've said several times, if you think I'm overrating Em, pick the categories you want to contest and provide an argument. For example, you could have just said, you believe my Delivery score is too high because his voices tend to detract from the overall delivery sometimes and many people can't get into that. That's fair, other people seem to agree with, I'd probably knock it down. However, instead of doing that, you keep on harping this false idea that I have to believe Jay should be higher than Em or I'm not being objective. Again, that is purely your opinion and nothing more. There are no facts behind that at all, which is why I'm dismissing it. For the last time, if you think I'm overrating Em, cool. The whole point of these topics is to correct my initial score, so show me where I went wrong. However, if your major beef stems from the fact that he has a higher starting score than your favorite has, then there is no point arguing that because that's not what these threads are about.
  • GetoBoy
    edited September 2017
    Options

I think you don't read. I've said twice now that I have no problem with your scores or the justifications for your scores. They are perfectly fine. This is the third time I've said this. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

With these categories given no way should his total be above any of the other artists given out the gate this is as objective a Em score you gonna get becuz Jay 34.5 but Em 38.5 is just crazy especially when Pac and BIG have lower scores too you highly overrating Em

and other statements where you basically said I wasn't being objective because I rated Em higher. Those are subjective statements. You like the other rappers better than Em and criticizing my score based solely on your opinion that they are better. I've said several times, if you think I'm overrating Em, pick the categories you want to contest and provide an argument. For example, you could have just said, you believe my Delivery score is too high because his voices tend to detract from the overall delivery sometimes and many people can't get into that. That's fair, other people seem to agree with, I'd probably knock it down. However, instead of doing that, you keep on harping this false idea that I have to believe Jay should be higher than Em or I'm not being objective. Again, that is purely your opinion and nothing more. There are no facts behind that at all, which is why I'm dismissing it. For the last time, if you think I'm overrating Em, cool. The whole point of these topics is to correct my initial score, so show me where I went wrong. However, if your major beef stems from the fact that he has a higher starting score than your favorite has, then there is no point arguing that because that's not what these threads are about.

You all over the place.... You saying I don't got a problem with your score but you then saying I only got a problem with your score becuz of another rapper score how is that the case when I scored him differently based on his own work??? I got a problem with his scored becuz it's greatly overrated period not just compared to Jay and you like to pick and choose when overrating is objective or bias or you keep harping on Jay it's overrated compared to Jay Pac or Big for that matter it's just overrated and I gave reasons as to why but you keep talking about Jay..... Jay was just brought up becuz we've all heard both and to say objectively Jay is 34 in these categories and Em is 38 is idiotic
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Eminem Murda you on your own ? - Nas - Ether "Stillmatic" 2001

https://youtu.be/aznJJir__oE

To the Haters...
    7ezmto3ud2h9.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

You all over the place.... You saying I don't got a problem with your score but you then saying I only got a problem with your score becuz of another rapper score how is that the case when I scored him differently based on his own work??? I got a problem with his scored becuz it's greatly overrated period not just compared to Jay and you like to pick and choose when overrating is objective or bias or you keep harping on Jay it's overrated compared to Jay Pac or Big for that matter it's just overrated and I gave reasons as to why but you keep talking about Jay..... Jay was just brought up becuz we've all heard both and to say objectively Jay is 34 in these categories and Em is 38 is idiotic

What the ? are you talking about man? I know I like to argue, but at least I argue points that are actually made. You making up your own ? and arguing. I don't even know what you're trying to say with the bold. For the fourth time, I have not addressed your scores at all. They are fine. I'm only responding to you idea that my initial score is not objective because it was higher than the initial scores of others. All this other ? you talking is moot. At this point you basically arguing with yourself. Again, you don't agree with the initial score, fine, they are meant to be changed anyways so it doesn't ? matter. If you go across all these topics, pretty much everything you say comes from a stance of being butthurt because your perception that I'm disrespecting Jay. Again, if my Eminem score is to high, help me get it right. What is the point of even whining about that when it's going to change anyway. There is no point other than you just wanting to make it known that you don't like someone believing yet another rapper is above Jay (and others in this case).
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol every damn thread
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »

To the Haters...
    7ezmto3ud2h9.gif

And still

Blueprint >>>>>every Eminem album
  • GetoBoy
    edited September 2017
    Options

What the ? are you talking about man? I know I like to argue, but at least I argue points that are actually made. You making up your own ? and arguing. I don't even know what you're trying to say with the bold. For the fourth time, I have not addressed your scores at all. They are fine. I'm only responding to you idea that my initial score is not objective because it was higher than the initial scores of others. All this other ? you talking is moot. At this point you basically arguing with yourself. Again, you don't agree with the initial score, fine, they are meant to be changed anyways so it doesn't ? matter. If you go across all these topics, pretty much everything you say comes from a stance of being butthurt because your perception that I'm disrespecting Jay. Again, if my Eminem score is to high, help me get it right. What is the point of even whining about that when it's going to change anyway. There is no point other than you just wanting to make it known that you don't like someone believing yet another rapper is above Jay (and others in this case).

Gawd damn you can't be this dense smmfh.... For the 100000000th time this ain't about just Jay you rated EVERYBODY higher then Jay and I had no problems with your actual rating in any of them but this one so wtf are you talking about.... The only one stuck on Jay is you fool I keep telling you my problem is your score period I only brought up Jay becuz that was the biggest gap if you had Nas at 34 and Em at 38 I'd be saying the same ? but it just be using Nas..... Same with Pac or BIG but again you keep tryna use the "you a Jay fan" cop out on sum weak ? becuz the only one stuck on this being about Jay is you this is about the gap in the numbers not the rapper tied to it.... If you can't get that becuz you still stuck on Jay for sum reason that shows me even more that the rating you did with him was outta sum kinda dislike becuz you literally are the main one making this about Jay I'm making this about Em ain't rated higher then none of them and damn sure not by that big of margin that's probably gonna be the lowest score you get from any rapper this whole series miss me with the objective talk ain't ? about your scores objective
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

To the Haters...
    7ezmto3ud2h9.gif

And still

Not according to the Billboard and Nielsen Soundscan The Marshall Mathers LP is Greatest Hip Hop album of 2000's ....

cfafxpd9ym5q.png

#TruthHurts.... #Facts ...Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Don't
    oxy3zxc0e3nl.gif
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PROB ONE OF MY FAV. SERIES ON HERE...
    HONEST WRITE-UPS THAT CAUSE ESTROGEN LEVELS TO RISE...
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MY FRIEND :+1:
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2017
    Options

Gawd damn you can't be this dense smmfh.... For the 100000000th time this ain't about just Jay you rated EVERYBODY higher then Jay and I had no problems with your actual rating in any of them but this one so wtf are you talking about.... The only one stuck on Jay is you fool I keep telling you my problem is your score period I only brought up Jay becuz that was the biggest gap if you had Nas at 34 and Em at 38 I'd be saying the same ? but it just be using Nas..... Same with Pac or BIG but again you keep tryna use the "you a Jay fan" cop out on sum weak ? becuz the only one stuck on this being about Jay is you this is about the gap in the numbers not the rapper tied to it.... If you can't get that becuz you still stuck on Jay for sum reason that shows me even more that the rating you did with him was outta sum kinda dislike becuz you literally are the main one making this about Jay I'm making this about Em ain't rated higher then none of them and damn sure not by that big of margin that's probably gonna be the lowest score you get from any rapper this whole series miss me with the objective talk ain't ? about your scores objective

? , just let it go. If you don't like the way I do things in here and you don't like the threads, why do you keep coming. You ain't got anything better to do than frequent IC topics that you don't like and whine about ? that no one else cares about? I mean we're all just goofing of to pass time, but even in that context you should be able to do better.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead an lower Delivery because of Em's voice, but do people think it should go down a point or half a point. I don't think much more than that. As annoying as his voice might be, he's still a top tier spitter.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

? , just let it go. If you don't like the way I do things in here and you don't like the threads, why do you keep coming. You ain't got anything better to do than frequent IC topics that you don't like and whine about ? that no one else cares about? I mean we're all just goofing of to pass time, but even in that context you should be able to do better.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead an lower Delivery because of Em's voice, but do people think it should go down a point or half a point. I don't think much more than that. As annoying as his voice might be, he's still a top tier spitter.

The thread ain't the problem you the problem..... It's like a ugly ? that has a nice outfit you just wonder why her ugly ass have to be the one to wear it but you right I'll let you just rock
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

The thread ain't the problem you the problem..... It's like a ugly ? that has a nice outfit you just wonder why her ugly ass have to be the one to wear it but you right I'll let you just rock

lol You constantly saying you going to let me rock and then constantly coming back to get your ? on. It's my thread, so if I'm a problem, it's problem. And if you got a problem take your whiny ass on.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

lol You constantly saying you going to let me rock and then constantly coming back to get your ? on. It's my thread, so if I'm a problem, it's problem. And if you got a problem take your whiny ass on.

? you need a tissue lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

? you need a tissue lol

Did that make you feel better? You one of those ? that always got to get the last word now matter how stupid
    that last word is huh? Just like a female. Aight go ahead, get your last one and we can put this to bed. lol
  • GetoBoy
    edited September 2017
    Options

? you need a tissue lol

Did that make you feel better? You one of those ? that always got to get the last word now matter how stupid
    that last word is huh? Just like a female. Aight go ahead, get your last one and we can put this to bed. lol

How you gonna always reply but say somebody else always gotta get the last word.... Boi you a lame lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Aight, lowered Delivery by 1. Any other major problems with the original scores?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

To the Haters...
    7ezmto3ud2h9.gif

And still

Not according to the Billboard and Nielsen Soundscan The Marshall Mathers LP is Greatest Hip Hop album of 2000's ....

cfafxpd9ym5q.png

oxy3zxc0e3nl.gif

Oh yeah you're most definitely white
  • GetoBoy
    Options

To the Haters...
    7ezmto3ud2h9.gif

And still

cfafxpd9ym5q.png

oxy3zxc0e3nl.gif

Oh yeah you're most definitely white

White ppl love them sum Em