Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Kola wrote: »
    Star Wars: A New hope, Return of the Jedi, and the Empire strikes back

Alright.

1 last question.

Does Vader fight in all 3 movies. My son been playing the star wars video game and wants to see some Vader lightsaber & force choke action.

And in this new one how did his helmet get all ? up when kylo ren was lookin at it?
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Alright.

1 last question.

Does Vader fight in all 3 movies. My son been playing the star wars video game and wants to see some Vader lightsaber & force choke action.

And in this new one how did his helmet get all ? up when kylo ren was lookin at it?

Yes he fights in all 3 movies.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alright.

1 last question.

spoiler alert, Vader is dead, the helmet was retrieved Vader's funeral pyre.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Technically, he's in Revenge of the Sith too.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    U cant even rent the star wars movies from vudu or amazon instant.

They goin for $20 a piece digital and in stores.

That ? crazy
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I know people were talking about the Star Wars cartoons. Watching the Clone Wars series will impact how you see the Revenge of the Sith movie. On one hand, Anakin will just seem wrong in the movie because in the cartoon he comes of as reckless, but much more mature and experienced. In the movie, he just seems like a whiny brat. The movie is what gets it wrong though because he is canonically supposed to have been a battle worn hero after the wars. On the flipside though, it adds a lot more impact to Anakin's fall. Again, he was an annoying brat in the movie, so when he fell, it was like "Ok, we saw that coming." However, coming from the cartoons, he seemed like a stronger person and one that could overcome those temptations.

They really did ? up the prequel trilogy. And I don't say that because I think it was bad. I think mediocre is more accurate. The reason I say they ? it up is because it could have been so much better.

• TheGOAT
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    jee504 wrote: »
    Just watched with my son.

So.... Where the ? was Darth Vader?

Which movie do we need to watch to see him?

You can't be serious bruh smmfh

No for real.

My son wants to see some Darth Vader action.

Which movie has the most Vader?

I googled it but didnt get anything.

you're son gets a pass, but you sir do not!!!
    161xs37.gif

Yea last night was my 1st star wars movie

My son just turned 4
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Bought the trilogy bluray.

Watchin new hope with my son now
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    So just watched New Hope and the bluray remaster must be dope as hell because some of these special fx look like 90s-2000s good not 1976

But obiwan death scene was wack as hell.

He cant really be dead right?

He just pulled a jessica alba in fantastic 4 disappear move im guessing.

My son loved it tho. He wants to watch the next one but its 1am.

Btw i had no idea mustafa was darth vader and obiwan sounds like the beatles.

Smash on princess
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know people were talking about the Star Wars cartoons. Watching the Clone Wars series will impact how you see the Revenge of the Sith movie. On one hand, Anakin will just seem wrong in the movie because in the cartoon he comes of as reckless, but much more mature and experienced. In the movie, he just seems like a whiny brat. The movie is what gets it wrong though because he is canonically supposed to have been a battle worn hero after the wars. On the flipside though, it adds a lot more impact to Anakin's fall. Again, he was an annoying brat in the movie, so when he fell, it was like "Ok, we saw that coming." However, coming from the cartoons, he seemed like a stronger person and one that could overcome those temptations.

They really did ? up the prequel trilogy. And I don't say that because I think it was bad. I think mediocre is more accurate. The reason I say they ? it up is because it could have been so much better.

true that's part of what makes it so sad. what they could have been
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He would've been more like his cartoon counterpart if padme didn't get pregnant. That threw him off plus those visionsnhe kept getting about padmes death add to the fact that the emperor kept getting in his head about the Jedi. He was more like the anakin from the cartoon in the first 20 minutes of the movie during the space battle and the fight with count dooku.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He doesn't even know that Jar Jar is a Sith

Or the destruction of the Death Star was an inside job
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

He would've been more like his cartoon counterpart if padme didn't get pregnant. That threw him off plus those visionsnhe kept getting about padmes death add to the fact that the emperor kept getting in his head about the Jedi. He was more like the anakin from the cartoon in the first 20 minutes of the movie during the space battle and the fight with count dooku.

Nah, it's different. You miss out on some context in the movies. For example, think about Anakin's betrayal of Mace. It's understandable to some extent that he would do that because he thought Mace was going to ? his only shot at saving Padme. But if you've seen the Clone Wars, you understand it's deeper than that. From Anakin's standpoint, the Council had already betrayed him, and Mace was the harshest of all the council members. In the Clone Wars, you see that Anakin was basically the key to victory. He was part of virtually every major battle and he was pivotal in all the victories. Then when the war is over, the Council refuses to make him a Master and show him the respect he feels he deserves, and their reasons come down to the very same things that made him successful in the war. There is a hypocrisy there. They had no problem embracing Anakin's questionable qualities to win the war, but then when the war is over, they more or less turned their back on him. That's what the Emperor really keyed on to turn him. It didn't play out like that in the movie though. In the movie, you don't really get that impression. You really don't understand why Anakin would even have the expectation that he could be a Master.

Another problem is the movie still portrays Anakin as being under Obi Wan, so he still comes off looking like an inexperienced brat. After the Clone Wars, Anakin should be recognized on the same level as Obi Wan. He operated independently from Obi Wan more often than not and had is own Padawan. They just ? it up plain and simple.

Anakin was supposed to be the hero of the PT who fell in the end. You never really see him as a hero in the movies, so when he falls, it doesn't impact you.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Hey does "TheGOAT" know about the greatest plot twist in film in "Empire Strikes Back" and if not, should we tell him?

Na he doesn't know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father after cutting off his hand in the ship, nor does he know that Princess Leia is Luke's sister. Don't tell him yet.

If you are under the age of 60 didnt everyone know those 2 things before seeing the movie for yourself?
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    He doesn't even know that Jar Jar is a Sith

Or the destruction of the Death Star was an inside job

I have no idea what that means
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah, it's different. You miss out on some context in the movies. For example, think about Anakin's betrayal of Mace. It's understandable to some extent that he would do that because he thought Mace was going to ? his only shot at saving Padme. But if you've seen the Clone Wars, you understand it's deeper than that. From Anakin's standpoint, the Council had already betrayed him, and Mace was the harshest of all the council members. In the Clone Wars, you see that Anakin was basically the key to victory. He was part of virtually every major battle and he was pivotal in all the victories. Then when the war is over, the Council refuses to make him a Master and show him the respect he feels he deserves, and their reasons come down to the very same things that made him successful in the war. There is a hypocrisy there. They had no problem embracing Anakin's questionable qualities to win the war, but then when the war is over, they more or less turned their back on him. That's what the Emperor really keyed on to turn him. It didn't play out like that in the movie though. In the movie, you don't really get that impression. You really don't understand why Anakin would even have the expectation that he could be a Master.

Another problem is the movie still portrays Anakin as being under Obi Wan, so he still comes off looking like an inexperienced brat. After the Clone Wars, Anakin should be recognized on the same level as Obi Wan. He operated independently from Obi Wan more often than not and had is own Padawan. They just ? it up plain and simple.

Anakin was supposed to be the hero of the PT who fell in the end. You never really see him as a hero in the movies, so when he falls, it doesn't impact you.

Yeah, they wouldn't have been that successful in the clone wars without Anakin and every time someone needed saving he saved them and brought them victory. He also defeated Count Dooku in which Obi-Wan Kenobi was useless once again, clearly showing he surpassed his master.

Reason he Anakin lost was because he became blind, was highly ? off and angry, and arrogant.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't be mad if Disney remade the PRequels
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    What are the pt's?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Yeah, they wouldn't have been that successful in the clone wars without Anakin and every time someone needed saving he saved them and brought them victory. He also defeated Count Dooku in which Obi-Wan Kenobi was useless once again, clearly showing he surpassed his master.

Reason he Anakin lost was because he became blind, was highly ? off and angry, and arrogant.

Both explanations are good I also want to add it was sideous who was giving anakinn those night mares and padmedidnt die of heart break it was sideous who drained her life force
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What are the pt's?

Prequel trilogy