Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The title for the Han Solo movie sucks.

Shoulda called it 12 parsecs
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

that scene wont live up to the hype if its in this movie bet that.
  • Beta
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Lol why not
  • fortyacres
    Options

Lol why not

its been hyped so much in star wars/movie lore, that it will have to be some ? we have never seen before on screen and i dont think it would be more than just a pedestrian race.
  • Beta
    Options

Lol why not

its been hyped so much in star wars/movie lore, that it will have to be some ? we have never seen before on screen and i dont think it would be more than just a pedestrian race.

Lol well the kessel run if you break it down was han transporting spice or some ? while in hyperspace

At the most you might get

tenor.gif
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about this having the same dude be behind the Star Trek and Star Wars movies. We don't need the two series basically becoming the same thing. I mean the Trek movies have already lost most of the Trek and mostly become generic space based movies. I enjoyed them, but they don't really capture the spirit of the series at all.

Who cares most of the old movies were boring any way and insurrection was a flop, the only good movies was wrath of khan, the voyage home, the undiscovered country, and generations. I never saw star trek nemesis either. The first two star trek reboot movies were good. The third one was slightly over the top but it wasnt bad either.My only problem with the reboot is they made sulu ? to push the agenda. Even the original sulu didnt like it . They could've made a random red shirt extra ? if they wanted to do that.I'm not feeling zoe saldana as lt. Uhura either.They shoul've gotten a no name actress to play that role.

The ? the Sulu ? thing was very very understated and if you aint really looking for it you will miss it. And probably thats more accurate about the future than just having straight people running ? in the future.

Yeah it wasn't that much implied but i'm saying why make a well known character who wasn't originally ? do that when they coul'dve just had a ? extra? It would've served the same purpose.

B/c Sulu really was ? and a ? advocate...at least the guy that played him so they made it a thing. #thegoddamnagenda
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Nomad1 wrote: »
    I don't know about this having the same dude be behind the Star Trek and Star Wars movies. We don't need the two series basically becoming the same thing. I mean the Trek movies have already lost most of the Trek and mostly become generic space based movies. I enjoyed them, but they don't really capture the spirit of the series at all.

Who cares most of the old movies were boring any way and insurrection was a flop, the only good movies was wrath of khan, the voyage home, the undiscovered country, and generations. I never saw star trek nemesis either. The first two star trek reboot movies were good. The third one was slightly over the top but it wasnt bad either.My only problem with the reboot is they made sulu ? to push the agenda. Even the original sulu didnt like it . They could've made a random red shirt extra ? if they wanted to do that.I'm not feeling zoe saldana as lt. Uhura either.They shoul've gotten a no name actress to play that role.

The ? the Sulu ? thing was very very understated and if you aint really looking for it you will miss it. And probably thats more accurate about the future than just having straight people running ? in the future.

Yeah it wasn't that much implied but i'm saying why make a well known character who wasn't originally ? do that when they coul'dve just had a ? extra? It would've served the same purpose.

B/c Sulu really was ? and a ? advocate...at least the guy that played him so they made it a thing. #thegoddamnagenda

You idiot i already stated that the original actor hated the dicision to make sulu ? . In another post
  • Nomad1
    Options

You idiot i already stated that the original actor hated the dicision to make sulu ? . In another post

And you think I give a ? to research your posts?
  • Nomad1
    Options
    the question was rhetorical btw
  • Splackavelli
    Options

And you think I give a ? to research your posts?
    the question was rhetorical btw

Shut up
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • Nomad1
    Options
    I don't think I'll like this movie but I'll still go see it
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    The old republic perhaps? There's no other direction they can go with a new trilogy
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They haven't even finished this saga yet and they already planning on more ? . This is all a big money grab
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

They haven't even finished this saga yet and they already planning on more ? . This is all a big money grab

Its dismey
  • fortyacres
    Options

huh???

thats how film franchise always work , you plan stuff way in advance especially if it lucrative
  • Beta
    Options

Ummm that's what youre supposed to do..
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The old republic perhaps? There's no other direction they can go with a new trilogy

Please! These ? won't give us KOTOR 3 but a movie might suffice.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They already announced the next trilogy will still be centered around Rey and Finn
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

They already announced the next trilogy will still be centered around Rey and Finn

No they didn’t lol