Reason Interview: OGDirtyDee

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited September 2017 in The Reason
5th Letter- Where are you from?

OGDirtyDee- Atlanta

5th Letter- What's It Like Out There

OGDirtyDee- Life out here is what you make it. Im on the North side now which us full of bad women from all walks of life so I cant complain.

5th Letter- What was your early life like?

OGDirtyDee- I grew up in a lower mid class household. Dad was on the road driving trucks a majority of the month so my mama handled all day to day issues and what not. Have 1 brother and 3 sisters so im sure that was more then a handfull to deal with. My neighborhood consisted of about 15-20 kids/teens all my age or 1 year over or less so i spent a majority of my time outside getting into ? , messing around with the neighborhood girls, and finding any way to make some money.

5th Letter- What was your neighborhood like?

OGDirtyDee- ratchet as ? seemed like most our parents werent worried how late we would be out most the time. My best homie at the time had a mom who was all about that night life she would always try to put us on game and she was obsessed with Birdman she would have all the Big Tymers albums and tell us we need to be bossed up like Baby when we get older lol so naturally we were hooked on that Cashmoney ? we all thought we were the hotboyz...then from there we would mess around with all the neighborhood girls with our fake ass cashmoney chains thinking we were the ? . Definitely fun times but ofcourse things went left as time went on..

5th Letter- If you don't mind answering what do you for a living?

OGDirtyDee- I am a property manager and have been for over 2 years now.

5th Letter- How did you get into that field?

OGDirtyDee- Honestly I was just throwing apps randomly on Indeed and I got a call and they was like we see your interested in being a property manager. I was thrown off by it because i have no memory od me putting one in for that but i was like "uh yeah definitely" and it worked out perfectly

5th Letter- How did you get into hip hop?

OGDirtyDee- my friend in my neighborhood had 3 albums that made me a hip hop addict....Bone Thugs E Eternal 1999, Outkast Aquemni and Snoop Dogg ? . We would play Sega Genesis while he played those albums, i knew i had to get a copy of those.

5th Letter- What were some of your earliest memories of hip hop?

OGDirtyDee- I was born in 88 and didnt really start developing my music taste til around 94-95...93 til eternity and Biggie Juicy was the 2 rap songs i remember always catching my attention but it wasnt til my boy introduced to ? Aquemni and Eternal 99 that i actually started buying albums/tapes. Then i was listening to Outkast, Snoop, Bone Thugs, Twista, Do or Die, UGK, then moving heavy as ? into anything Cashmoney Records would drop.

5th Letter- Who are your favorite and least favorite rappers?

OGDirtyDee- My current active favorite rappers of this era and are Freddie Gibbs, Kendrick, Kevin Gates, Thug, Drake, Jeezy, Migos, and Future.

I usually can ? with whatever for what it is but rappers like Uzi Vert and Dex are just unbearable to listen to....musicbscreams a 9-15 year olds lane

5th Letter- What are some of your favorite albums?

OGDirtyDee- UGK Ridin ? , Juvenile 400 Degreez, Bone Thugs Eternal 1999, TI Urban Legend, Playa Fly Da Game Owe Me, Jeezy TM 101, Outkast Aquemni, 36 Da Unbreakables, Project Pat Mista Dont Play.., Jay Reasonable Doubt, etc.

5th Letter- What are your thoughts on today's hip hop?

OGDirtyDee- Im not a hater if its bumping its bumping, straight up. If its lil dexter or Rich Kid tho they can get the ? out of here with those monkey ? songs. Uzi sometimes be on thay ? too his verse on Bad and Boujee is the worst wrap up verse to a collab song in a damn min.

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

5th Letter- How did you discover the IC?

OGDirtyDee- Used to be on this site called Word Of South and discovered this when looking up a alternative rap site and came across this. I used to come in and read the threads everyday back in 2007 but didnt actually make a account til a few years ago.

5th Letter- What made you decide to sign up?

OGDirtyDee- Mostly for the Reason and Off The Turnbuckle section, alot more traffic then any other message board.

5th Letter- What are your earliest memories of the IC?

OGDirtyDee- Honestly alot of the early ? was a blur because back when i first started getting on there wasnt much southern rap threads so i wasnt really feeling it, i just came to check out whats going on in other regions and folks thoughts but now it seems its mostly southern rap discussion which is cool.

5th Letter- Why were the lack of southern threads a problem for you?

OGDirtyDee- It was just my phase at the time i wasnt listening to much east coast and west coast around then so there really was zero interest there.

5th Letter- What are some of the craziest things you've seen since you've been on the IC?

OGDirtyDee- The IHeartCali exposure thing, i cant remember all of it but that ? was comedy gold.

5th Letter- Who are your favorite and least favorite posters?

OGDirtyDee- worst: Genocidecutter, too many strong opinions about ? music. Everybody else is what it is, no favorites.

5th Letter- Is there anything you'd change about the IC?

OGDirtyDee- Nah man i cant knock the people who put this together, keep doing yalls thing with the site.

5th Letter- Any last words before we wrap up?

OGDirtyDee- I feel like i want to use a epic Ric Flair quote to end this but ? it shout out Nawf Atlanta
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn, I swear it's been over a year since tha last interview was posted.

Dope though, albeit really short.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭