SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights champ week 24

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in The Reason
Welcome back to the best song battle Saturday mornings have to offer. If both songs were on the radio same time which one would you listen to?

Now let's quickly get down to business shall we!!! going for two weeks as champ is Jay Z with "can I live" . He won a pretty damn close one last week vs Scarface to the point not only did I almost have to pick the best vote as a tie breaker, but It was clear to me Scarface needs another ? at Jay. That ? will come in a week or two. Now I was gonna be super petty with Jays challenger this week but I think I'll save that drama for next week. Instead ima do something a little different today. We gonna make Jay battle in the mirror today if you know what Mean.......so let's get it started!

In this corner we have Jay z going for two weeks ladies and gentlemen, the current champ Jay Z "Can I Live"!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-pGXK8Gls

And in this corner we Also Have Jay Z. We also have a Reasonable Dought song, ladies and gentlemen please welcome Jay Z with "D'evils"!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5nwptyj9Ec8

Vote or Die!!!! R.D edition

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights champ week 24 12 votes

Can I Live
58%
lion_heart5th Letterachewon87CoolJoeIbexbck145TheGOAT 7 votes
D'evils
41%
southsil4lilTHE_R_PanchoYoSanchoits....JOHN BDR. JEK 5 votes
Damn I dont know
0%

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I Live
    Tough call but the better instrumental
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    D'evils
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Better instrumental than DJ Premier?

I have to respectfully disagree
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I Live
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Better instrumental than DJ Premier?

I have to respectfully disagree

Both dope but Can I Live got the legendary Issac Hayes sample.
  • DR. JEK
    edited September 2017
    Options
    D'evils
    We use to fight for building blocks
    Now we fight for blocks with buildings that's making a killing

About his where abouts I wasn't convinced
    So I keep feeding here money until her ? started to make sense (cents)

Stop screaming you know the demon said its best to die
    And even if Jay Hova witness bet he'll never Testify

? was putting on a wordplay clinic on that song! Sometimes triple meaning on a few bars without it coming off forced.
  • DR. JEK
    edited September 2017
    Options
    D'evils
    Alright, looks like "Can I live" has survived. What's kinda funny to me is I think DJ Premier produced songs are currently 0-3 in this series which I won't lie, got me feeling a certain type of way. Non the less congrats to Can I live.

In the next few weeks there will be some sharks in the water and I already have Jay's next challenger next week which I shoulda went with my petty bone to pick first mind and did this weekend. This joint has been in my back pocket long enough and people starting to really have me SMH. If Jay survives next weeks blood bath, I have a special battle Royal week that will kinda resemble this week but it will be the challengers mirror this time. See y'all in the warzone next Saturday, it's going down!
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    D'evils
    And another thing

Ima need more voter post you guys. In the event that there is a tie, vote post will be highlighted and the most logical or goat worthy post decides who moves on. Now this week was pretty decisive but if it would been like last week where Can I live and Mind playing tricks on me was tied going down the stretch I have to assure I have a way to pick a winning vote.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D'evils
    BOTH ARE CLASSICS...
    BUT D'EVILS IS MY FAV. SONG FROM JAY...