I hope he gets released from jail and gets his life together
    bck145 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Unless you out touching children...then im not rooting for anyone to sit in jail

The guy built the rap record label that ran things in the early 90's....if he turned his life around...im sure he has some gems hidden away that would be able to get released

1. Actively ran with ? goons who ? his engineers and artists.
    2. Started the "rap record label" with vanilla ice and Harry-o's money.
    3. Financially ? his artist and continues to terrorize them decades after they leave the label.
    4. Pretends to be blind in court
    5. Actively pursues his former artists wives and impregnates then.
    6. Ran a 500 million dollar label into the ground.

Nah dude might as well be a predator.

wat bout puffy ?

1. No knowledge of him stealing money to start bad boy
    2. Was actually a manager
    3. Never prentend to be blind in court
    4. Death row been dead. Ten years from now bad boy will still be on top.

Except bad boy wasnt ? before 97...they had a little run and hasnt been ? since then

Death row was a legendary record label, bad boy had 1 act

Yep. This is definitely going in the dumbest things said in the reason

Explain then

Puffy made biggie a star....no one else from bad boy made it to the levels even close to pac, snoop, dre

Shyne was decent but thats about it...lox were ok but overrated...mase or black rob? Lol

Even when death row was weak their roster still had more talent....crooked i, eastwood, kurupt

Nonsense, Faith, Total and 112 both had hits on the R&B charts. Ma$e sold 4x platinum. How can you say they only had 1 artist?

Also, just to add on, Death Row was valued at $500 Million at one point. Seems like a lot of money but thats NOTHING to investment bankers, politicians and Senior record executives (I'm talking about Jimmy Iovine and people on that level). He thought that $500 Million gave him a free pass to do whatever he wanted, but $500M isn't as much money as he thought. It might seem like a lot to you and me, but there's cats walking around with 3X that amount of money that look down at Suge like a pauper with no class.

Add Carl Thomas to that.hell Black rob And the lox went plat

Also the fact that puffy developed Mary J Blige, usher, jodeci and helped with TLC

Hahaha now you are reaching

Why couldnt puffy do that on his own label then? He couldnt develop his own roster...lox were in shiny suits and never made it to the levels we all think their skills would allow...black rob well...was black rob, middle of the road type.
    .wheres all the legends and classic albums from bad boy?

Bad boys best album wouldnt ? the top 5 albums from death row

Which superstar except for snoop did Deathrow make then? Go ahead.

Sure dre was with nwa...but chronic really made him a household name...most ppl only reference pac from his deathrow music

You can argue snoops star was bigger than pacs when he signed with deathrow and then pac surpassed him

Nate dogg....still the greatest at what he did

In hip hop circles...it put crooked i on the map and made kurupt one of the most resoected rappers in the game

Ppl still bring lady of rages name up for best female rappers ever

If u wanna make an argument for kurupt I can make one for Jada. If u wanna talk about lady of rage I'll mention styles p.

And Nate solo career was after death row. But I can make a case for Mase.

Pac best album was me against the world. Before death row.

And Dre was a ? superstar after NWA. Smh

Snoop was the only international superstar they created.

Kurupt got like 3 albums better than anything jada ever put out haha

Again you reaching super hard with the ? on this
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Unless you out touching children...then im not rooting for anyone to sit in jail

The guy built the rap record label that ran things in the early 90's....if he turned his life around...im sure he has some gems hidden away that would be able to get released

3. Financially ? his artist and continues to terrorize them decades after they leave the label.

wat bout puffy ?

Except bad boy wasnt ? before 97...they had a little run and hasnt been ? since then

Explain then

Puffy made biggie a star....no one else from bad boy made it to the levels even close to pac, snoop, dre

Shyne was decent but thats about it...lox were ok but overrated...mase or black rob? Lol

Even when death row was weak their roster still had more talent....crooked i, eastwood, kurupt

Nonsense, Faith, Total and 112 both had hits on the R&B charts. Ma$e sold 4x platinum. How can you say they only had 1 artist?

Also, just to add on, Death Row was valued at $500 Million at one point. Seems like a lot of money but thats NOTHING to investment bankers, politicians and Senior record executives (I'm talking about Jimmy Iovine and people on that level). He thought that $500 Million gave him a free pass to do whatever he wanted, but $500M isn't as much money as he thought. It might seem like a lot to you and me, but there's cats walking around with 3X that amount of money that look down at Suge like a pauper with no class.

Also the fact that puffy developed Mary J Blige, usher, jodeci and helped with TLC

Why couldnt puffy do that on his own label then? He couldnt develop his own roster...lox were in shiny suits and never made it to the levels we all think their skills would allow...black rob well...was black rob, middle of the road type.

LMFAO you got some research to do. They weren't signed to bad boy cause he already signed them to uptown and artista before he got fired. Lol you know how the Music Industry work? He still managed those artist and produced those albums. Look it up if you still think I'm "reaching "

Like I said, cac don't know ? about the culture. Puffy made millions off 1 act, lol stop it

We are talkong death row vs bad boy ya entitled ? ....read the thread before you continue to look like the ? that you are

No dumbo, someone asked what about puff and that's how he was brought up. Onlyignorant cacs that don't know ? about the culture think puffy career is just bad boy. You said absolutely nothing smart in this thread even preach2teach who been the ic punching bag sonned you on your ? . Stop trying to come across like you know everything lol no wonder nobody take you seriously
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suge need to come clean and tell who killed Pac
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited September 2017
    Options

The guy is a stone cold murderer, would you like to have him living next door to you?

Lol I mean seriously, how does preach come off thinking you sound stupid? Bck time to hang it up
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

LMFAO you got some research to do. They weren't signed to bad boy cause he already signed them to uptown and artista before he got fired. Lol you know how the Music Industry work? He still managed those artist and produced those albums. Look it up if you still think I'm "reaching "

Like I said, cac don't know ? about the culture. Puffy made millions off 1 act, lol stop it

We are talkong death row vs bad boy ya entitled ? ....read the thread before you continue to look like the ? that you are

No dumbo, someone asked what about puff and that's how he was brought up. Onlyignorant cacs that don't know ? about the culture think puffy career is just bad boy. You said absolutely nothing smart in this thread even preach2teach who been the ic punching bag sonned you on your ? . Stop trying to come across like you know everything lol no wonder nobody take you seriously

Said anything smart? Im the only one with reading skills around here....yall trying to discredit facts with all these alternate posts that have nothing to do with the original topics

Just stop...yall just comedy for the educated ppl

Go back to your entitled life and just whine about ppl who disagree with your views...that ? dont fly with me....take the only chimd ? back to your mother

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Lol yeah this cac going back on ignore. I advise y'all to do what half the forum already did and do the same lol
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    And dude ducked the ? outta bustas question too lol but yeah, this cac know more than we do tho lol
  • bck145
    Options
    And dude ducked the ? outta bustas question too lol but yeah, this cac know more than we do tho lol

I havent ducked ? ? ....im the posting truths and yall hipsters getting your panties in a bunch

Not that hard to understand...but you must be used to getting your own way...or you just whine about it like now
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Revisionism and blind Hate for a Man that has never Effected your life personally aside, Puffy is a bigger snake than Suge could every be all the ? and layers to ? he has been involved with over the years and noone bats an eye because he is so deeply entrenched in the industry he just gets a pass. Hell Jodeci and Mary J Blige ran to Suge to help get them out of deals Puffy had them in.

Most of the Suge hate you kats have is the unhealthy indoctrination of a Media Machine that Sabotaged one of the most Powerful Black Owned Labels to ever exist. It shows you have taken the narrative they wanted to give you to heart rather than actually peeping game and recognizing what has really been happening.

What Deathrow did as a Independently owned entity has not been redone yet closest to do it was Master P and with the nature of Media today that level of Power will never be attainable again. Suge's whole story is a tragedy in large part of his own Creation but the parts that are not is where haters fail to give credit and writeoff what really went down for the Story they saw On MTV News or CNN back in the day...
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so shouldnt puffy get the blame also for pac gettin killed . He's the one that took it to the streets by placing a bounty on both suge n pac head.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope he rots in prison or gets the death penalty
    All Revisionism and blind Hate for a Man that has never Effected your life personally aside, Puffy is a bigger snake than Suge could every be all the ? and layers to ? he has been involved with over the years and noone bats an eye because he is so deeply entrenched in the industry he just gets a pass. Hell Jodeci and Mary J Blige ran to Suge to help get them out of deals Puffy had them in.

Most of the Suge hate you kats have is the unhealthy indoctrination of a Media Machine that Sabotaged one of the most Powerful Black Owned Labels to ever exist. It shows you have taken the narrative they wanted to give you to heart rather than actually peeping game and recognizing what has really been happening.

What Deathrow did as a Independently owned entity has not been redone yet closest to do it was Master P and with the nature of Media today that level of Power will never be attainable again. Suge's whole story is a tragedy in large part of his own Creation but the parts that are not is where haters fail to give credit and writeoff what really went down for the Story they saw On MTV News or CNN back in the day...

LOL @ the irony

Replace hate w/ love and Suge w/ Pac and you just described yourself (and others) on here.

tenor.gif
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    so shouldnt puffy get the blame also for pac gettin killed . He's the one that took it to the streets by placing a bounty on both suge n pac head.

? you sound like a scorned ? .

"but but what about puffy, he was mean too"
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kurupt better than jada???naw he then say kutupt got 3 cd beeter than him
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nosign. Death Row was owned by Interscope.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Found this about their top albums and record sales.

Hate it or love it but bad boy was running ? during the 90's

@bck145

Death Row Records (‘92–98)

1992 — Dr. Dre’s The Chronic — 3X Platinum, #3 Billboard, #1 Single — “Nuthin’ But a G Thang”.
    1993 — Snoop Dogg’s ?  — 4X Platinum, #1 Billboard.

1994 — Above the Rim Soundtrack (Various Artists) — 2X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Single — “Regulate”.

1996 — Tupac’s All Eyez on Me— 10X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “California Love” and “How Do You Want It”.

1997 — Tupac’s The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory— 4X Platinum, #1 Billboard.

Final Totals of Death Row’s Five Most Successful Albums: 23X Platinum, Four #1 Albums, Four #1 Singles.

In terms of certified classics, Death Row would easily take the cake with The Chronic, ? , and All Eyez on Me. In its heyday, the infamous West Coast label was truly something to behold.

Commercial Performance Score: 23/25
    Bad Boy Records (‘94-’00)

1994 — Biggie’s Ready to Die— 4X Platinum, #15 Billboard, #1 Single — “Big Poppa”.
    1996–112’s 112 — 2X Platinum, #37 Billboard, #1 Single — “Only You”.

1997 — Biggie’s Life After Death — 10X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “Hypnotize” and “Mo Money Mo Problems”.

1997 — Diddy’s No Way Out — 7X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down”, “I’ll Be Missing You”, and “Been Around the World”.

1998 — Mase’s Harlem World — 4X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “Feel So Good” and “Lookin’ at Me”.

Final Totals of Bad Boy’s Five Most Successful Albums — 27X Platinum, Three #1 Albums, 9 #1 Singles

If we disregard my top-heavy approach and look at every album released during each label’s seven-year run, Bad Boy wins in resounding fashion. Even so, their five most successful albums hold their own against those of any label. From ’94 through ’00, of Bad Boy’s 18 releases, SIXTEEN went at least Platinum. Three of those were by Black Rob, Carl Thomas, and Shyne…who? Exactly. Everything Diddy touched seemed to go Platinum
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Lol@ Deathrow being independent. That ? was under time Warner music group and interscope. Lol stop it
  • bck145
    edited September 2017
    Options

@bck145

1992 — Dr. Dre’s The Chronic — 3X Platinum, #3 Billboard, #1 Single — “Nuthin’ But a G Thang”.

1994 — Above the Rim Soundtrack (Various Artists) — 2X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Single — “Regulate”.

1996 — Tupac’s All Eyez on Me— 10X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “California Love” and “How Do You Want It”.

1997 — Tupac’s The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory— 4X Platinum, #1 Billboard.

Final Totals of Death Row’s Five Most Successful Albums: 23X Platinum, Four #1 Albums, Four #1 Singles.

In terms of certified classics, Death Row would easily take the cake with The Chronic, ? , and All Eyez on Me. In its heyday, the infamous West Coast label was truly something to behold.

1994 — Biggie’s Ready to Die— 4X Platinum, #15 Billboard, #1 Single — “Big Poppa”.

1997 — Biggie’s Life After Death — 10X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “Hypnotize” and “Mo Money Mo Problems”.

1997 — Diddy’s No Way Out — 7X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down”, “I’ll Be Missing You”, and “Been Around the World”.

1998 — Mase’s Harlem World — 4X Platinum, #1 Billboard, #1 Singles — “Feel So Good” and “Lookin’ at Me”.

Final Totals of Bad Boy’s Five Most Successful Albums — 27X Platinum, Three #1 Albums, 9 #1 Singles

If we disregard my top-heavy approach and look at every album released during each label’s seven-year run, Bad Boy wins in resounding fashion. Even so, their five most successful albums hold their own against those of any label. From ’94 through ’00, of Bad Boy’s 18 releases, SIXTEEN went at least Platinum. Three of those were by Black Rob, Carl Thomas, and Shyne…who? Exactly. Everything Diddy touched seemed to go Platinum

Hahahaha

Deathrow has multiple classic albums as you mentioned

Bad boy has 2...maybe?

Nice try on album sales...valent effort to try and back up your stance

Like i said death row ran ? in HIP HOP...bad boy had a small run in 97

By 98...ppl like juvenile came about, jayz made it big with hard knock life, dmx hit the scene

Bad boy is like the dream team eagles...lots of flash, not much quality
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Suge Knight and anyone trying to justify his existence.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Bad boy is the sole reason why people rap about flashy ? .

Daddy was only 23 when he created that empire with talent.

Dre made deathrow not ? suge knight.

I see how garbage the artists suge signed was
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't no saving that dude. He's just gonna get out n do some more dumb ? ..
  • 5 Grand
    Options

@bck145

Good breakdown but Bad Boy sold 30X platinum in 1997 alone if you count singles sales

• Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down (single) – Puff Daddy & Ma$e 4X Platinum
    • Hypnotize (single) – Notorious B.I.G. – Platinum
    • I’ll Be Missing You (single) – Puff Daddy & The Family – 3X Platinum
    • Its All About The Benjamins (single) – Puff Daddy & The Family - Platinum
    • Been Around The World (single) – Puff Daddy & The Family– 2X Platinum
    • Life After Death (album) – Notorious B.I.G. 10X Platinum
    • No Way Out (album) – Puff Daddy & The Family – 7X Platinum
    • Harlem World (album) – Ma$e – 4X Platinum

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sad case of somebody not being able to get outta their own way

Suge had something....could very well still be a big dog in the game if he just kept it square biz

he always came of to me like on of them guys that got handled bad as a kid and just acting that ? out in adult life
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

Because who takes mase seriously as a rapper? He was bubble gum ?

112 and faith were fly by night acts

Im also not talking about what something is worth....more so the quality of work that was released under suges watch, legends came out of that camp...which goes back to the original point...he probably has unreleased gold

This cac really is dumb

From 95 to 98 112, Faith and Total had just many hits as any 3 Deathrow artist and 5 Platinum and 1 Gold album to got with.

Just stop typing you sound like a ? idiot.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Yeah Faith Evans had two platinum albums and two gold albums. I don't see how you can say she's a "fly by night act".

Daz and Kurrupt were fly by night acts.

Check the sales!
  • bck145
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

Because who takes mase seriously as a rapper? He was bubble gum ?

112 and faith were fly by night acts

Im also not talking about what something is worth....more so the quality of work that was released under suges watch, legends came out of that camp...which goes back to the original point...he probably has unreleased gold

This cac really is dumb

From 95 to 98 112, Faith and Total had just many hits as any 3 Deathrow artist and 5 Platinum and 1 Gold album to got with.

Just stop typing you sound like a ? idiot.

Yeah you are right...we look back and think faith, 112 and total are legends....? ...faith remembered more for being biggies girl that pac ? than her own music career

Revisionist ass ppl around here i swear