The Orville (FOX) (Created by Seth Macfarlane)

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
Orville-character-images-1-600x337.jpg

Anyone check it out? Currently has 3 episodes out. ? is like a comedic Star Trek. Has some pretty funny moments so far.

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah @Lou_Cypher this my ? . It's a lot more serious then I thought it would be.

That blob hitting on the Doctor is hilarious.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah @Lou_Cypher this my ? . It's a lot more serious then I thought it would be.

That blob hitting on the Doctor is hilarious.

Yeah i was surprised at how serious it can be as well. Its listed as a drama on Hulu which surprised me. Definitely more comedy than drama, but cool there are elements of both.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice surprise. Feels much more like a Trek show than the current Trek show. I'm not a fan of the guy and his acting still leaves a lot to be desired but he gets my props for this. You can tell he truly loved TOS and TNG.

I thought this ? was gonna be ironic and cynical like his other shows but it's extremely earnest. He needs to get Patrick Stewart and The Shat cameos on this ASAP. Avery Brooks too.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Nice surprise. Feels much more like a Trek show than the current Trek show. I'm not a fan of the guy and his acting still leaves a lot to be desired but he gets my props for this. You can tell he truly loved TOS and TNG.

I thought this ? was gonna be ironic and cynical like his other shows but it's extremely earnest. He needs to get Patrick Stewart and The Shat cameos on this ASAP. Avery Brooks too.

I definitely see that happening. Didn't he voice a character on Family Guy or American Dad?

• Lou Cypher
    Options

I definitely see that happening. Didn't he voice a character on Family Guy or American Dad?

Yeah he voiced Stan's Boss in American Dad!
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    really really dope last episode about the court of public opinion, twitter etc...
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I need to catch up on this. Like the show. Just pushed it to the side since all these new seasons dropped on netflix for other shows. Dope to see that this show is doing well though.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's growing on me.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

I don't know. A Million Ways To Die In The West was funny as hell in my opinion.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Yaphit and Dr Finn lmaooo gross
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show was really ads first couple.of wow then it got progressively better hope Seth continues his run
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Shows been renewed for season 2
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Shows been renewed for season 2

tenor.gif
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah just caught the newest episode where dude gets promoted to lead engineer. Cool episode. The episode where the blue guy was rubbing off love hormones on folks was funny as hell
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems to be a more personal show for McFarlane. He must've been a giant trekkie.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    This show is so good , every episode just gets better.