Survivor 35 - Heroes, Hustlers & Healers

Options
King of GA
King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Anybody else watching this season? We've got not just one, but two fine sistas on there.

I don't think Alan did himself any favors on that first tribal.

So far I like most of the cast. The only person getting on my nerves so far is the obnoxious, red-headed white dude...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1007733/survivor-season-35-meet-the-cast-of-heroes-vs-healers-vs-hustlers/

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah i dont see alan lasting too long

he is physical so they will keep him around for a few tribals but eventually i can see him flipping out again and the tribe just washing their hands of him

really whether youre black or white (especially if youre black) if you are a guy the strategy is pretty simple early on — stay out of the way socially and allow your physical prowess to prevent you from ever becoming an option to vote out — slowly build relationships and you will be fine once the merge happens

part of it can be editing but alan is getting waaaaaayy too strategic and paranoid early on
  • ckfree
    Options
    these tribes were incredibly dumb in terms of the start off

none of the tribes sent someone to get the boat close to the ship right away

instead they were just tossing baskets of fruit directly off the boat and in total probably wasted half the stuff there
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ali can get the D
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Desiree is a good friend...she went to Hampton U
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

oh word? can you @ her to this thread please? or have her pm me. whichever is easier for her.
  • King of GA
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

instead they were just tossing baskets of fruit directly off the boat and in total probably wasted half the stuff there

I was thinking the same thing watching it...everything just soaking in that old salty water. I'm sure that only some of what little they actually brought to camp was actually useful.

The only good thing for Alan would be that the tribes are separated. I'm guessing that in another week or two they will be swapping, so he can kinda start over. His problem is going to be that he thinks he is right and playing a solid game..

Ali is fine, but if I had to choose, our would be Desiree all day...

From what I've seen so far, they better not underestimate Chrissy...
  • ckfree
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing watching it...everything just soaking in that old salty water. I'm sure that only some of what little they actually brought to camp was actually useful.

The only good thing for Alan would be that the tribes are separated. I'm guessing that in another week or two they will be swapping, so he can kinda start over. His problem is going to be that he thinks he is right and playing a solid game..

Ali is fine, but if I had to choose, our would be Desiree all day...

From what I've seen so far, they better not underestimate Chrissy...

the premier felt rushed

i didnt get a real good read/feel for the players

survivor premieres should be at least 90 minutes long

and yea i liked chrissy decision to not play the idol

if she plays her cards right it puts her in a good swing position if the heroes do go back to tribal
  • ckfree
    Options
    i heard something on rob has a podcast

it has to do with two people on this cast knowing each other

i’ll put it in a spoiler
    apparently simone (? who got voted out) said that ali and patrick (red head guy) not only went to college together but they knew each other before that as well

they most likely played up patrick going to give the episode a bit of suspense but i would guess simone was always the one to go and it also kinda tells me that their relationship is not something the producers plan on bringing up

we will see
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

oh word? can you @ her to this thread please? or have her pm me. whichever is easier for her.

I can put in a word....she taken though...really into baller ass ? ...u know the type
  • ckfree
    Options

his ? expression when the second ‘patrick’ comes up is priceless

he had fire in his eyes after that

i thought for a second that he was going to snap and go into a mentally impaired rage

it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion to me that he was going home but theres a lot im not seeing and im not on the island so maybe it wasnt nearly so obvious to him but i bet him maybe knowing ali before the show he took her word for gold
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    i'm glad that cbs is no longer blurring out brown women's butts for no reason.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i really like the women this season

theres several with promising strategic chops and social games
  • King of GA
    edited October 2017
    Options

i thought for a second that he was going to snap and go into a mentally impaired rage

it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion to me that he was going home but theres a lot im not seeing and im not on the island so maybe it wasnt nearly so obvious to him but i bet him maybe knowing ali before the show he took her word for gold

That was hysterical! Ali gone have to answer for that when they get back home...lol
  • King of GA
    Options
    i really like the women this season

theres several with promising strategic chops and social games

Real talk....
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    anybody notice how they're kinda doing reruns of people that were on before?

like you have Tony 2.0 with the parole officer (how the ? do you call that job heroic?)

Cochran 2.0 is the weird looking dude on the hustler tribe that never had a girlfriend

That fisherman chick - I swear she was on this ? before but I don't remember who she was.

And the ? that just got hilariously voted out was basically shaping up to be Tyson but luckily got taken out before he came into fruition.

And then you have Alan... Dreamz pt 2. Nuff said.
  • ckfree
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    anybody notice how they're kinda doing reruns of people that were on before?

like you have Tony 2.0 with the parole officer (how the ? do you call that job heroic?)

Cochran 2.0 is the weird looking dude on the hustler tribe that never had a girlfriend

That fisherman chick - I swear she was on this ? before but I don't remember who she was.

And the ? that just got hilariously voted out was basically shaping up to be Tyson but luckily got taken out before he came into fruition.

And then you have Alan... Dreamz pt 2. Nuff said.

susan hawk comes to mind in terms of caricature

i would say shamo as well but this lady seems to be more aware than shamo ever was

and theres another one im thinking about but i cant put a face let alone name on her

you know what else i would really like to see though

no twists at all

no idols

no super dee duper idols

no tribe swaps every two minutes

nothing

theyre expecting all of it

so give them none of it

the drama is 16-20 strangers starving (why dont they just starve them more) on an island and they have to vote each other out

theres your drama

you dont need to add anything extra
  • ckfree
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »

That was hysterical! Ali gone have to answer for that when they get back home...lol

i think she made a smart move in getting rid of him

he wasnt worth it

dude seems to live on another planet

he said he dont care if people think hes looking for the idol wtf lol

this was the first episode where i really saw her potential because she realized patricks longevity depends on her willingness to play patrick whisperer — im sure she would have preferred he stayed but she cant put herself out there like that — just look at ashley — it wasnt smart of her campaigning for JP ESPECIALLY since shes aware that the power couple stigma is still there

no self awareness
  • ckfree
    Options
    alan didnt freak out this week

so a step in the right direction lol

i cant decide why his coconut scene was put in

were we supposed to be endeared

or

further think he was 'trippin'

his story could be one to watch
  • King of GA
    Options
    alan didnt freak out this week

so a step in the right direction lol

i cant decide why his coconut scene was put in

were we supposed to be endeared

or

further think he was 'trippin'

his story could be one to watch

I think that was about contrasting his inability to do what many assumed would be an easy task against JP and all his usefulness.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i read a probst interview he did with entertainment weekly

he was asked the qesuton about patrick and ali knowing each other before the game

according to him production didnt find out they knew each other previously until they were already cast and the tribes had been decided

he said at that point they didnt even think about changing things and it obviously didnt seem to matter
  • King of GA
    Options
    i read a probst interview he did with entertainment weekly

he was asked the qesuton about patrick and ali knowing each other before the game

according to him production didnt find out they knew each other previously until they were already cast and the tribes had been decided

he said at that point they didnt even think about changing things and it obviously didnt seem to matter

I hope that doesn't start a trend though.

• King of GA
    Options
    Damn...I didn't think Alan was going to be around much longer, but I wasn't expecting it to go like that!
  • ckfree
    Options
    breakout night for desi yesterday (even though she had a pretty complete boot edit)

now that shes survived theres potential for her to have a really compelling long term narrative

first things first

she needs to decide if joe is worth sticking with especially now that she knows he has no idol
  • ckfree
    Options
    its early in this season and i have to say its just not pulling me in as in the past

maybe im over all the different type of advantages and people that are selected to be on each season

i dont know

i will continue to watch and hope that i can be drawn in more this season but man throw me a lifeline or something
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    this season is ass.