Is it worth it...................suit edition! $399 Suit Vs. $7,900 Suit

Options
caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zX2BQFZ_BI

Is it worth it! In Worth It: Lifestyle, a spin off of BuzzFeed’? series Worth It, host Steven Lim and his buddies embark on a new adventure, setting out to try different experiences at three different price points: affordable, middle tier, and luxury--from airplane seats to cars to videos games. At the end of the episode, the gang decides which experience is the most “worth it” at its given price.

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had the money of course it would be the top of the line but i'm the suit and supply guy
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    im broke i aint payin no damn 8stacks for a suit that a Car or down payment for a house.

but if i did im ballin out aint nothing like a good suit that fits perfect
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it all depends for me.

i dont really like suits like that....an im not the best dresser....so it would be a waste.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Id rather buy 8 $1000 dollar suits

Got 4 weddings in 4 weeks this year....so i bought like 4 suits but no way im spending money like that on suits
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any suit you can get tailored is a good suit.
  • bck145
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    ? dont know how to rock suits. I wear suits 5 days a week, my ? don't cost an arm and a leg but I have great tailor who can take a $400 suit and make it look like a $4000 suit. If you saw my suits you'd prolly think my ? is 5k+ Brioni, Versace ? but nah. What most people don't understand is that when you buy a suit you should take it to a tailor to get it properly fitted to your body, it's aalll about the fit. I've been at this a long time, I got suits in all types of colours too. I know my ? .

Also make sure your shirts look right and are ironed and if you dont have the time just buy the non-iron joints and what get you a shirt stay (my military ? understand). Ties is also a big component, because the right or wrong tie or colour way can make or break a suit. The other major part is the fabric - this takes a bit of effort to understand but that's where your tailor comes into play.

Cats gotta understand you can't wear jays and trainers everywhere. You can't rock jeans and Nikes to the dinner party man. You gotta know when to suit and tie up.

Funny you mention tailors....took my ? to a recommended tailor...the guy ? up the pants on a brand new suit...the ? cut them like 4 inches to short and didnt leave material inside the leg to let them out any...had to talk the store into letting me buy just the pants again

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way im spending 7 k on no suit
  • bck145
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    ? dont know how to rock suits. I wear suits 5 days a week, my ? don't cost an arm and a leg but I have great tailor who can take a $400 suit and make it look like a $4000 suit. If you saw my suits you'd prolly think my ? is 5k+ Brioni, Versace ? but nah. What most people don't understand is that when you buy a suit you should take it to a tailor to get it properly fitted to your body, it's aalll about the fit. I've been at this a long time, I got suits in all types of colours too. I know my ? .

Also make sure your shirts look right and are ironed and if you dont have the time just buy the non-iron joints and what get you a shirt stay (my military ? understand). Ties is also a big component, because the right or wrong tie or colour way can make or break a suit. The other major part is the fabric - this takes a bit of effort to understand but that's where your tailor comes into play.

Cats gotta understand you can't wear jays and trainers everywhere. You can't rock jeans and Nikes to the dinner party man. You gotta know when to suit and tie up.

Funny you mention tailors....took my ? to a recommended tailor...the guy ? up the pants on a brand new suit...the ? cut them like 4 inches to short and didnt leave material inside the leg to let them out any...had to talk the store into letting me buy just the pants again

Do your homework, don't bring your ? to a tailor at a department store or at a dry cleaners. Also make sure the suit you bring them isn't a cheap crusty box ass suit cuz no good tailor can fix that. Bring it to a notable tailor somewhere down town in your city or from the fashion district. Trying to find a good tailor is like a conductor trying to find a good soloist or a rapper trying to find the right producer. Interview these ? , ask them how long they been at it, do they have any of their works up on a mannequin, what's their philosophy ? What would they recommend and try on a suit in front of them. Maybe you didn't give them clear instructions or that tailor wasn't well seasoned.

Most people go to the business district in their city but those guys rely on "experience" and cut every suit the same. Take your ? to the fashion district there and get a trendy cat to tailor your suits. You'll likely save on money and have a well trimmed suit fitting to your body.

I think the problem was the tailor is too seasoned....he was like an 80 year old who has been around forever but i think hes losing his touch
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I spend 7k on a suit, im gone be out somewhere where people know 7k suits

that aint here lol

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

bet you'd spend $7k tryna save that hairline tho
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tie width is a factor to remember too
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAN, IM OVERSEAS.. I WISH YALL COULD SEE THE TAILORS OVER HERE...

THEY GOT STACKS AND STACKS OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL.. I GET SOMETHING (SUIT, BLAZER, PANTS, COAT, SHIRTS) MADE EVERY WEEKEND...

ALSO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 8,000$ SUIT... THATS JUST A MAJOR X10 MARK UP.. AT THAT POINT, UR JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »

THEY GOT STACKS AND STACKS OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL.. I GET SOMETHING (SUIT, BLAZER, PANTS, COAT, SHIRTS) MADE EVERY WEEKEND...

ALSO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 8,000$ SUIT... THATS JUST A MAJOR X10 MARK UP.. AT THAT POINT, UR JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME

Where at?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »

Man, when I was overseas cats were getting suits made left and right, they'd measure you up and you came back later to get your suit. But this was in the early 90's when cat's wore suits on the regular
  • aneed123
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    If I spend 7k on a suit, im gone be out somewhere where people know 7k suits

that aint here lol

if i do that ima,wear dat ? 3 times a week ? ima hoop in it too lol
  • aneed123
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

bet you'd spend $7k tryna save that hairline tho

naw ? ? im good