Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Em needs to just leave the politics the ? alone.

Why? Not like he hasn't done this before.

Last time he did it it was one of the most embarrassing phases of his career. So out of his element. Sounding like a smart dumb ? but thinking he intellectual cause he was wearing glasses.

Politics is not his element. Even Nas seems stupid when he goes there (see: These Are Our Heroes) but at least sometimes he knows what he's talking about. He needs to stick to rapping about sniffing glue and weird ? like smacking a baboon upside the head with a ? or whatever.

I'm almost certain he has the time to see what's going on in the world, he's never held his tongue abou it. Dude has a voice, he used it ala Kaepernick and Lebron James. What did he say that was wrong btw?

Tbh I didn't make it through the whole thing so I honestly can't say. First few bars were too pretentious for me to keep it on. I've seen him go down this road before though and then stay mum after the album tour wrapped up (Encore). This ? is just hype.

Who knows how genuine it really is. You really think his boss Jimmy voted for Hilary? This ? is strategic and people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. At least we know where Bron and Kap are coming from. Here's someone who benefits directly from white privilege trying to downplay it to seem on the side of angels. Please.

Seemed suspect back in '04 with good reason and seems suspect now. Just my 2 cents. I could be all the way wrong but there is something transparently disingenous about this to me.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    So you're a conspiracy theorist like buddy. Got it.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u didnt even watch the freestyle maybe u shouldnt comment on it
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options

No. I'm rational enough to see the forest for the trees in cases like these. Acting like Eminem hasn't shown his true colors in these type of situations before.

I ask you this why haven't we heard of him doing ? like this until an album is about to come out? Cause he was working on the album? But then he could speak on a bunch of other ? while working on the album though. Whatever b.

It's easy to rap "? trump" and make an impact when everybody already feels that way. What kap did is bold. He stood on his own for ? knows how long and got ostracized. Em is just capitalizing on opportunity.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HK365 wrote: »
    The message was what mattered.

I'm saying. People who calling the freestyle wack is missing the mark similar to the folks who complained about the kneeling when the original intent was social inequalities. Sure Em can be cringe, but the message and platform he used was incredible and got people talking. better then the rest of other rappers and entertainers with a huge platform.
  • Broddie
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

I'm saying. People who calling the freestyle wack is missing the mark similar to the folks who complained about the kneeling when the original intent was social inequalities. Sure Em can be cringe, but the message and platform he used was incredible and got people talking. better then the rest of other rappers and entertainers with a huge platform.

As bogus as this all seems to me I can't exactly disagree with the bold.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options

No. I'm rational enough to see the forest for the trees in cases like these. Acting like Eminem hasn't shown his true colors in these type of situations before.

I ask you this why haven't we heard of him doing ? like this until an album is about to come out? Cause he was working on the album? But then he could speak on a bunch of other ? while working on the album though. Whatever b.

It's easy to rap "? trump" and make an impact when everybody already feels that way. What kap did is bold. He stood on his own for ? knows how long and got ostracized. Em is just capitalizing on opportunity.

U tryin too hard lol u can see all your post in both threads. It's not the first time he's done it, he's been doing it in other countries lol

tk9pf46c5l5o.png
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options

your statement would make more sense if this was J cole or Lupe doing this, but Em doesn't really gain anything. I'd say he's the rapper with the biggest white fan base. Obviously not something anyone can prove, but if we took a poll and asked which rapper has the most republican fans, I'm sure we'd all say him. So he's potentially alienating his fan base. Eminem doesn't talk publicly, and he's always criticize presidents, so idk. Freestyle is ok, but the message was dope and loved the fact that he reminded folks what the actual issue that Kap was trying to highlight.
  • Broddie
    Options

It's not the first time he's done it, he's been doing it in other countries lol

tk9pf46c5l5o.png

Well ok then.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Last time he did it it was one of the most embarrassing phases of his career. So out of his element. Sounding like a smart dumb ? but thinking he intellectual cause he was wearing glasses.

Politics is not his element. Even Nas seems stupid when he goes there (see: These Are Our Heroes) but at least sometimes he knows what he's talking about. He needs to stick to rapping about sniffing glue and weird ? like smacking a baboon upside the head with a ? or whatever.

I'm almost certain he has the time to see what's going on in the world, he's never held his tongue abou it. Dude has a voice, he used it ala Kaepernick and Lebron James. What did he say that was wrong btw?

Tbh I didn't make it through the whole thing so I honestly can't say. First few bars were too pretentious for me to keep it on. I've seen him go down this road before though and then stay mum after the album tour wrapped up (Encore). This ? is just hype.

Who knows how genuine it really is. You really think his boss Jimmy voted for Hilary? This ? is strategic and people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. At least we know where Bron and Kap are coming from. Here's someone who benefits directly from white privilege trying to downplay it to seem on the side of angels. Please.

Seemed suspect back in '04 with good reason and seems suspect now. Just my 2 cents. I could be all the way wrong but there is something transparently disingenous about this to me.

Typical, ? ? about something he hasn't even listened to or seen.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

• Broddie
    Options

If I listen to half a ? freestyle which I did I heard enough to comment on it. ? out of here. Y'all act like he switched subjects half way through and ? .
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I listen to half a ? freestyle which I did I heard enough to comment on it. ? out of here. Y'all act like he switched subjects half way through and ? .

Really?

First few bars were too pretentious for me to keep it on.

Like I said..

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    You can appreciate and acknowledge the message while saying the actual freestyle was wack y'all...it's okay

Majority of the people in here saying the freestyle was average though.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can appreciate and acknowledge the message while saying the actual freestyle was wack y'all...it's okay

Majority of the people in here saying the freestyle was average though.

I'm referring to
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lmao this freestyle WACK and overrated

^^^white poster
    silverfoxx wrote: »

• Broddie
    Options

This here too. Especially when the MCs voice is already unbearable.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as yall hate this ? , this thread is doing numbers. What's up with that?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No bro cause everything is black and white on the IC. ? shades of grey.

Lol, I love how we collectively poke fun at ourselves like this.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as yall hate this ? , this thread is doing numbers. What's up with that?

As much people either love, hate, or have mixed feelings (like me) about this dude.. he does move the needle. When Em does some ? people do talk.

There’s dozens of pages on the Reason devoted to ? he did decades ago.

I’ve said it before. The freestyle itself I care less about. It’s the message and the platform it was on. This particular thing bigger than rap music
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all hating on the Rap ? .. go listen to simp ass Captain Save a ? 21 Savage or some trendy bop ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never been an Em fam but major props for the freestyle...

If he talks reality like this on the new album, I’ll support.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Never been an Em fam but major props for the freestyle...

If he talks reality like this on the new album, I’ll support.

Although I like his Trump freestyle,
    I never have and never will buy an Em album..

I know he doesn't make music geared towards me or people like me..

However,
    I appreciate him shedding light on the oppression going on in this country and bringing awareness to his millions of fans..