Wu-Tang Clan - The Saga Continues (10/13/17)

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, has U-? been replaced by Funk Dr Spock or.....

I mean, Red all over this album, and Golden Arms can't be found. I don't know what to make of that.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues, fans have noticed the lack of at least one word: Clan.

"It's a Wu-Tang record of course, but by now everybody that got the album know U-? is missing off the album," Mathematics explains, citing the only living Wu-Tang Clan MC absent from the project. "It can't be a complete Wu-Tang Clan album without UG."

Fans know there's tense history between certain Wu members; in 2016, U-? sued RZA for $2.5 million, claiming unpaid royalties. That said, Mathematics says that when Wu-Tang Clan performed dates recently, specifically Riot Fest in Chicago last month, U-? was there.

"When I was working on it, he wasn't really available," Mathematics says of The Saga Continues. "It was hard with everybody and the scheduling and different things going on.

"I'll just leave it at that right there. But y'know, I'd love to have had him on the project, of course."
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? flow is top 5 man!!!
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was to the east what Snoop was to the west. Unlike Snoop though his craft been getting better with age.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The irony of you girls gagging that UGOD isn't on the album. If anything, he was the weakest out of the original members.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza flow on why kinda weak. But he spitting some ? . He went in
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone else should've rapped that why song and the hook should've been better
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Negative. Rza did his thing lyrically. He didn't sound good but he earned his place, and I like the chorus.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Exactly he didn't sound good. That beat doesn't fit RZA style. Idk how that's debatable
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly he didn't sound good. That beat doesn't fit RZA style. Idk how that's debatable

I see what you're saying, but I liked his lyrics so I'd rather him on the song than not get the verses if that makes any sense.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

I see what you're saying, but I liked his lyrics so I'd rather him on the song than not get the verses if that makes any sense.

I feel you
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hood go bang needs more verses!!!!!
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally downloaded it last night... The whole thing is dope. 9/10. May even cop the CD
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RZA did his thiding
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The irony of you girls gagging that UGOD isn't on the album. If anything, he was the weakest out of the original members.

Shut up
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's nothing wrong with U ? . If you've ever seen the documentary The Show, they interview Wu Tang. Method Man gives the best answers and U ? comes off somewhat off-putting.

The Show is a Hip Hop documentary that came out in movie theaters in 1995.

If watch you The Show its obvious why Method Man's career took off while other members couldn't get it together. The part I'm referring to comes in @ 42:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHm2ASOpXA
  • onetoughmiracle
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with U ? . If you've ever seen the documentary The Show, they interview Wu Tang. Method Man gives the best answers and U ? comes off somewhat off-putting.

If watch you The Show its obvious why Method Man's career took off while other members couldn't get it together. The part I'm referring to comes in @ 42:00

giphy.gif

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

Yeah wtf he talking about?
  • 5 Grand
    Options

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Did you guys even watch the clip?
  • onetoughmiracle
    Options

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I've seen The Show so many times and still what you're saying doesn't make sense. Yes the clan had their breakout stars and it was ? before it was ? . ? had his solo deal before ? but ? 's album came out first because ? took way too long to record his album. However, my point is you said that the other members couldn't get it together. They all have their own form of success while being members of one of the best groups to ever do it. U-? has gold album. Just because his (or anyone else's from the clan) doesn't match ? 's success doesn't mean they couldn't get it together.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

I've seen The Show so many times and still what you're saying doesn't make sense. Yes the clan had their breakout stars and it was ? before it was ? . ? had his solo deal before ? but ? 's album came out first because ? took way too long to record his album. However, my point is you said that the other members couldn't get it together. They all have their own form of success while being members of one of the best groups to ever do it. U-? has gold album. Just because his (or anyone else's from the clan) doesn't match ? 's success doesn't mean they couldn't get it together.

Did you see the part in the clip where Method Man is saying that when they were in Europe the rest of the clan stayed in the hotel sleeping while he had to go and do the interviews by himself? Thats the part I was referring to.

Anyway, Method Man's album came out before ? 's. Tical came out in 94, Return of the 36 Chambers came out in 95.
  • onetoughmiracle
    Options

Did you see the part in the clip where Method Man is saying that when they were in Europe the rest of the clan stayed in the hotel sleeping while he had to go and do the interviews by himself? Thats the part I was referring to.

Anyway, Method Man's album came out before ? 's. Tical came out in 94, Return of the 36 Chambers came out in 95.

I guess you missed the bolded. @5grand you got it.

tenor.gif

• onetoughmiracle
    Options

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I stand corrected U-? does not have a gold album.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    This is 5 years old, butI couldn't think of another place to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIHLLeKYy8
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old ? kicking flame lyrics while youngta's mumbling and ?