Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cavs defense improved over this swagless win streak.Went from 30th to 28th

What the ? is a “swagless winstreak”....sounds like hate...time for my shout outs

Shout out to our League Leading 9 game win streak...
    Shout out to K Love with 38 points and 9 boards...
    Shout out to our bench puttin up 36 (that’s a slow night, we top 5)

Shout out to us going on a winstreak without one of our top 3 players...

Appearing on ESPN 850 WKNR in Cleveland on Tuesday, ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst said the Cavaliers "are shooting" for point guard Isaiah Thomas to return in mid-December

#GreatTimeToBeACavsFan B)

Look at who they've beaten :/ ,? went down to the wire with the hornets Foh man
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie is definitely a candidate, and it makes a lot of basketball sense for him to win it but we all know mvp votes comes down to numbers and a storyline and I dont think Kyries numbers compare to Hardens and Brons and Kyrie got a good storyline for this season, but Brons story has potential to be better.

Kyrie - 23, 3, and 5 on 47%.
    Harden - 32, 5, and 10 on 45%.
    Bron - 28, 8, 8 on a ridiculous 58%, plus I think he leads the league in 4th quarter fg percentage, blocks, and some other ? .

Thing with Harden is when hes on the court he just looks so dominating and makes it look so easy. Hate Harden but gotta give him his due.

Bron is doing this with a trash ass team until IT comes back. Its always been ? Bron but I cant deny how great of a season he is having.

I personally agree with Kyries case of winning and I wouldnt find any issues with him winning if the season ended today, but I just think these reporters never look past numbers.

As it stands today, I dont see Gainnis having a case for winning but his numbers are good and casual ass fans and reporters are gushing over him so I could see him winning.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Kyrie playing good but I wouldn't call him an mvp candidate his #'s dropped slightly

Horford the most valuable celtics player this year(then kyrie & smart).Brad stevens the mvp of that team
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie playing good but I wouldn't call him an mvp candidate his #'s dropped slightly

Horford the most valuable celtics player this year(then kyrie & smart).Brad stevens the mvp of that team

But But derrick rose in 2011...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Kyrie is definitely a candidate, and it makes a lot of basketball sense for him to win it but we all know mvp votes comes down to numbers and a storyline and I dont think Kyries numbers compare to Hardens and Brons and Kyrie got a good storyline for this season, but Brons story has potential to be better.

Bron - 28, 8, 8 on a ridiculous 58%, plus I think he leads the league in 4th quarter fg percentage, blocks, and some other ? .

Thing with Harden is when hes on the court he just looks so dominating and makes it look so easy. Hate Harden but gotta give him his due.

Bron is doing this with a trash ass team until IT comes back. Its always been ? Bron but I cant deny how great of a season he is having.

I personally agree with Kyries case of winning and I wouldnt find any issues with him winning if the season ended today, but I just think these reporters never look past numbers.

As it stands today, I dont see Gainnis having a case for winning but his numbers are good and casual ass fans and reporters are gushing over him so I could see him winning.

Westbrook because he was the only superstar in his team and managed to get his team a playoff spot in the wild West.

Bron is somewhat in the same position as Westbrook. He is the the only superstar in the Cavs so no more ' he got Kyrie so the defense is not focused on him 100%' excuse.

Harden got Paul and snipers. Westbrook got George and Melo and a defense. Wall got Beal, Giannis got Bledsoe and hopefully Parker.

Just for that i go for Robotbron.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate when people say Smart finally had a good game the other night, the box score is the end all be all to lames like jaemoons they don’t see the little things like him defending and boxing out Drummond better than any of our bigs including Al, Drummond had Rozier in a mismatch then Smart made the switch and they didn’t even look at Drummond after that, the shooting was just a bonus he doesn’t need to shoot like that to make an impact we’re 11-0 when he shoots 30% or under

we lost ultimately because Brad got out coached imo, he got away from some things that were working for us before we had Morris, that’s a prime matchup to let Baynes bang with Drummond and the 13 minutes he did play he was killing especially in the pick and roll with Smart, Brad either thought we were the ones with the mismatch or he didn’t want Al running around with Tobias, not to mention Kyrie being the worst player on the floor because of Avery and Avery made the play of the game imo smothering Kyrie so Smart couldn’t inbound the ball ended up turning it over which ultimately sealed the game, I blame Brad for that one too, that was probably my favorite game even though it was an L that could be a great series
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Minnesota isn't going to be ? until they can become at least a middle of the pack defensive team, right now they're 24th in the league

Teams have been killing them in transition and when Gibson(who has actually been better than expected) is off he floor and they have Dieng and Towns together or pretty much any lineup without Taj they really struggle to defend
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

I hate when people say Smart finally had a good game the other night, the box score is the end all be all to lames like jaemoons they don’t see the little things like him defending and boxing out Drummond better than any of our bigs including Al, Drummond had Rozier in a mismatch then Smart made the switch and they didn’t even look at Drummond after that, the shooting was just a bonus he doesn’t need to shoot like that to make an impact we’re 11-0 when he shoots 30% or under

Come on man with this stuff, his "intangibles, his plus/minus" thats great in all. It truly is. I think thats why he still on the team and hadnt been trade before.

But let's not act like we who criticize his shooting don't have a legitimate grip. His shooting percent minus the last few games had been the woat. His untimely three point bricks a headache and can be an issue at times.

And its unfortunate that the Cs bench lacks scoring, so you have to live with Smart taken shots..

But aside from saying he needs to be out of the league.(that thought is dumb) That ? can't shoot point blank and he shoots alot!

And that can sometimes be a problem and a headache like in the beginning of the season when he was making more bone head plays then smart ones..no pun. Intended.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Celtics should be going after Lou will this deadline.

and as long as towns plays the 5 t wolves defense will suffer they should move him to the 4 and get a 5 who can defend(noah)

wiggins hasn't been a good defender since he's been in the nba either which is surprising
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Westbrook because he was the only superstar in his team and managed to get his team a playoff spot in the wild West.

Bron is somewhat in the same position as Westbrook. He is the the only superstar in the Cavs so no more ' he got Kyrie so the defense is not focused on him 100%' excuse.

Harden got Paul and snipers. Westbrook got George and Melo and a defense. Wall got Beal, Giannis got Bledsoe and hopefully Parker.

Just for that i go for Robotbron.

Word?

Cavs still got Love who is averaging like 19 and 10 in what is definitely limited minutes. Russ didn't have anybody nearly as good as Love.

Lue has to take the blame for not drawing better schemes to take some of the scoring load off of Bron when they have a legit second option.

Kyrie is gone, everybody else is geriatric and Love still gets forgotten about.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can ? w Lou on this team...but then Rozier might have an issue with that. We need size(n/h) like a muthafucka

Drummond made that ? look easy the other night..
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jah+Bayless for Lou Will lets do it
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what a ? use of a timeout by thibs last night

5 seconds out of a timeout they score and he immediately calls a timeout (their last timeout which proved to be costly)

so in the entire minute he had to talk to his team before that he didnt have time to let them know what to do with their next possession

just horrific game management

thibs just be calling timeouts when he gets ? off rather than for strategic purposes

very little impulse control

the twolves have the talent to win games and theyre winning games in spite of their coach not because of him

thibs has to be one of the 5 worst in game coaches in the league

i saw his post game comment about what lost the game was ‘second chance points’

which the twovles WON in the 4th quarter while also getting MORE offensive rebounds

he cant take ownership for nothing
  • ckfree
    Options
    i was hearing on a podcast recently

the only #1 draft picks that have won a title with the team that drafted them over the last 20 years were lebron (and he left and came back)

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

the only other top 5 pick that has won a title with the team that drafted them was d wade

the only other top 5 picks that have even been to a finals with the teams that drafted them were the okc guys (russ, kd and harden)

pretty crazy
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Niko finally stopped acting like a ? and squashed it wit portis
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Will is on the last year of his deal we can make that happen with the dpe money, send them their protected pick back for him
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

the only #1 draft picks that have won a title with the team that drafted them over the last 20 years were lebron (and he left and came back)

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

the only other top 5 pick that has won a title with the team that drafted them was d wade

the only other top 5 picks that have even been to a finals with the teams that drafted them were the okc guys (russ, kd and harden)

pretty crazy

The ringer nba podcast. I listened to that this morning.
  • ckfree
    Options

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

pretty crazy

im a new listener

im fairly new to podcasts

i was just listening to the bigger names out there like bill simmons

i unsubscribe from him last year though

all they talked about was betting and the nfl

it was boring as ?

i ended up having to scan 3/4 of the way through for any hint of bball

then all i heard was joe house whining about the wizards
  • ckfree
    Options

fred hoiberg quotes will be the one thing i miss most about him once hes fired

he always provides a gem
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

pretty crazy

Chris Vernon and Kevin O'Connor are legit. The other 2 on that feed (Heat Check and Sources say), not so much.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

pretty crazy

Chris Vernon and Kevin O'Connor are legit. The other 2 on that feed (Heat Check and Sources say), not so much.

Yeah chris and kevin are the only 2 I listen to. Im glad you saved me the trouble of listening to those other cats lol.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

pretty crazy

Yeah chris and kevin are the only 2 I listen to. Im glad you saved me the trouble of listening to those other cats lol.

If u like NBA gossip, check them out. But stick to Chris and Kevin for pure NBA.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kyrie (because lebron)

duncan

pretty crazy

Cant really get jiggy with O'Connor. Something about him just doesn't sit right with me. The other show is mostly gossip ? . I still enjoy Bill and Houses takes but Simmons has strayed away from bssketball talk since the ringer transition. Grantland>>>>
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lowe Post for me