Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Frank got a very soft touch on his shots. Im seeing the potential.

And his passing is better than I expected.

19 he just needs time but defensively he's already great at team defense and being in the right spots. On top of that he's good at keeping his hands high.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow they didnt catch ? wade elbow kp at halfcourt
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron going to have to put on a unnecessary 4th qtr to win this game
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reggie jackson hitting everything
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO at that inbound by rose
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron needs more help
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    KP best offensive big in the game, idgaf what anyone says. Its how he scores. He hit a corner 3, catch and shoot, came back next play, put the ball on the floor from the premiter and made a scoop layup, came back next play and hit another spot up 3.

Just need him to start playing D
  • iron man1
    Options
    Great win and these dudes really walked off the floor before the game was over
  • AZTG
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If im the Cavs, its not the losing thatll bother me, but who im losing too. Lost to the Nets, and the got blown out to the Pelicans and Knicks? These are all bad teams that the Cavs have no business losing too
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KP best offensive big in the game, idgaf what anyone says. Its how he scores. He hit a corner 3, catch and shoot, came back next play, put the ball on the floor from the premiter and made a scoop layup, came back next play and hit another spot up 3.

Towns n cuz>>>
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cavs need Kyrie
  • iron man1
    Options

Towns n cuz>>>

KPs defense >>>>>>>>
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    #3-4
    #HowboutthatDynasty
  • AZTG
    edited October 2017
    Options

Towns n cuz>>>

First off, all three are great. But im talking just offensively, KP is better then Towns. KP has a better offensive skillset than Towns. With boogie its much closer and I can see it going to Cousins just based off experience.

Embiid will also be in the discussion when his minutes restriction gets taken off.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Towns n cuz>>>

KPs defense >>>>>>>>

How when bruh just said he needed him to start playing d, plus I mean in terms of offensive bigs, I'd add a couple more but it's close
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Towns n cuz>>>

First off, all three are great. But im talking just offensively, KP is better then Towns. KP has a better offensive skillset than Towns. With boogie its much closer and I can see it going to Cousins just based off experience.

Embiid will also be in the discussion when his minutes restriction gets taken off.

How so, I'm not sure what kp can do on offense that towns can't
  • iron man1
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Towns n cuz>>>

KPs defense >>>>>>>>

How when bruh just said he needed him to start playing d, plus I mean in terms of offensive bigs, I'd add a couple more but it's close

He plays defense but every now and then he doesn't get out to shooters in time which I won't hold against him being 7'3 guarding 3 an 4s. Yall stat guys can check last season who was one of the top players in rim protection last season. No where near lapse like Towns no defense playing ass. KP aint a ball stopper like Towns either his passing >>>Towns. I'll say Towns is more fluid down low though
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So glad to have missed the game. SMMFH
  • AZTG
    Options

Towns n cuz>>>

How so, I'm not sure what kp can do on offense that towns can't

KP can shoot better and with more consistency from mid range and 3, has way more range, can drive from the 3 point line to the rim better, has a better turn around jumper, also he can shoot off the dribble much better than Towns.

Towns has a better post game, thats the one thing KP lacks but it has improved a lot from last year already.

Im a fan of Towns, and we comparing Elite young bigs, so im not saying Towns cant do everything I wrote, Towns is a beast, KP is just better at them than Towns is.

Towns has has a better first 2 years than KP. He came in the league more NBA ready.

But just off these first 5 games of the season, KP has taken a leap and has been filling in the role of the #1 option way better than I was expecting. He still has lots improving to do. He still rushes his shots and panics when double teamed.

Now again, its only 5 games. If KP fizzles out and cant keep this level consistently going forward, ill take back him being the best offensive big.
  • AZTG
    Options
    And KP just seems lost on defense. Hes still a very good rim protector, but has no idea how to defend outside of paint.

I see a bit of Melos habit in him. Where Melo will stop gaurding before the play is over and position himself to get a rebound, and then fail to recover and close out when the ball finds his man. It was the 1 thing Melo did that frustrated the ? out of me. Of all the bad Melo habits to pick up. They better get him to cut that ? out.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron sub tweet yet?

Something like “At least we got Brooklyns pick”
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , I really ain't trying to see Cleveland get washed this summer again.