• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

Delusional biggie Stan...

1. Is a muthafukin lie...

2h5p6r6.png

https://youtu.be/39DgmG76_kA

2. Is ignorant talk cuz I post Ed a 2pac 1nation/deathrow east trak featuring The outlawz minus makaveli & melle mel & Scorpio smashing on biggie & jm n 96 called 'how many shots will it take'

2pac, deathrow, melle mel & Scorpio all go together wit the thread....

I'm starting a label with Jay Z and Dr Dre called Boom Bap Records.

That's my plan, to start a label with Jay Z and Dr Dre. Our first album should come out in a few months.

Yes or No does Boom Bap Records exist?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    All the potential Mel had and couldn't parlay it into anything ....... no classic album as part of the group ...... no solid solo career ...... no record label ...... no tv or movie career ..... no endorsements ........ nothing major. Just small things here and there over the years ....... dude still trying to make it in the rap game at dayum near 60 years old smh

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 is widely regarded as among the most influential hip hop acts. Their biggest single and acknowledged masterpiece "The Message" (1982) is often cited as one of the greatest hip hop songs of all time.

In 1983, Grandmaster Flash, who never appeared on any of the group's studio recordings, sued Sugar Hill Records for $5 million in unpaid royalties. The royalties dispute split the group, and Melle Mel left, soon followed by Mr. Ness/Scorpio and Cowboy after "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)" was a hit.

Grandmaster Flash and his new "Furious Five" had hits with their three albums, which made it to the top fifty of Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, whereas Melle Mel and his group fared better, most notably with the recording of "Beat Street Breakdown", which peaked at #8 in the R&B chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfO6kW8EIs

During this period, Melle Mel gained higher success, appearing in Chaka Khan's "I Feel for You", which won the Grammy Award for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance in 1985.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKGZSfIQS64

In 1985, Melle Mel met Quincy Jones at the Grammys, and they began to collaborate for Back on the Block. This led to Mel being featured in the song "Back on the Block", which won him the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group in 1991. He would pick up an additional Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album in 2002 for his contributions in Q: The Autobiography of Quincy Jones.

In 2002 The Message was one of 50 recordings chosen by the Library of Congress to be added to the National Recording Registry, the first hip hop recording ever to receive this honor.

In 2007 they were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, making them the first hip hop group ever to be inducted.

Bruh, thanks for the trip down 80's hip hop history lane ....... yet again.
    But did ya' notice that every time you run off Melle Mel resume, all of his pioneer accolades are from him being attached to something ........

Will you be supporting ya' legend by buying this new song?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options

2h5p6r6.png

2. Is ignorant talk cuz I post Ed a 2pac 1nation/deathrow east trak featuring The outlawz minus makaveli & melle mel & Scorpio smashing on biggie & jm n 96 called 'how many shots will it take'

That's my plan, to start a label with Jay Z and Dr Dre. Our first album should come out in a few months.

My trolling has worked cuz now ya the 1 off topic talkin about j , ? ass Dre & boom bap records wtf???? @least melle mel & Scorpio was making musik wit Pac & the outlawz repping 1nation/deathrow east smashing on big...
  • 5 Grand
    Options

2h5p6r6.png

My trolling has worked cuz now ya the 1 off topic talkin about j , ? ass Dre & boom bap records wtf???? @least melle mel & Scorpio was making musik wit Pac & the outlawz repping 1nation/deathrow east smashing on big...

You didn't answer the question; Does my hypothetical record label exist?

20 years from now are people going to say my label would have been GOAT if it existed?

See how stupid you sound derailing the thread about a hypothetical Death Row East?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options

2h5p6r6.png

20 years from now are people going to say my label would have been GOAT if it existed?

See how stupid you sound derailing the thread about a hypothetical Death Row East?

The only stewpid 1 is u cuz deathrow east was real it wasn't some idea it was a real movement on the eastcoast n 96 & melle mel & Scorpio was down wit 2pacs 1nation/deathrow east movement...........u posted melle mel trax n here that had nothing to do with the opening post so gthoh talking about I'm off topic cuz I posted a 1nation/deathrow east trak n here featuring melle mel & Scorpio...
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flavor flav had the biggest impact
  • 5 Grand
    edited October 2017
    Options

2h5p6r6.png

The only stewpid 1 is u cuz deathrow east was real it wasn't some idea it was a real movement on the eastcoast n 96 & melle mel & Scorpio was down wit 2pacs 1nation/deathrow east movement...........u posted melle mel trax n here that had nothing to do with the opening post so gthoh talking about I'm off topic cuz I posted a 1nation/deathrow east trak n here featuring melle mel & Scorpio...

1404ea7787e3074d8fd12f9e810596a0c75e8b2f1676262b8a72f17a9dda410e.jpg