NAACP warns African-Americans about flying on American Airlines

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/10/25/naacp-warns-african-americans-about-flying-on-american-airlines.html

The NAACP for several months now has been monitoring a pattern of disturbing incidents reported by African-American passengers, specific to American Airlines,” the civil rights organization said in a statement. “In light of these confrontations, we have today taken the action of issuing national advisory alerting travelers — especially African-Americans — to exercise caution, in that booking and boarding flights on American Airlines could subject them disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions.”

Among the alleged incidents cited by the NAACP:

-- An African-American man was forced off a flight because he responded to disrespectful and discriminatory comments from two unruly white passengers.

-- An African-American woman was switched from first class to coach, while her white companion remained assigned to a first-class seat.

-- A pilot directed that an African-American woman be removed from a flight for complaining about having her seat changed without her consent.

-- An African-American woman and her infant were removed from a flight when the woman asked that her stroller be retrieved from checked baggage.

“We are aware of these incidents only because the passengers involved knew their rights, knew to speak up and exercised the courage to do so promptly,” the NAACP statement said.

In response, American Airlines issued a statement of its own.

"We are disappointed to hear about this travel advisory as our team members — a diverse community of gate agents, pilots, and flight attendants — are proud to serve customers of all backgrounds," American Airlines spokeswoman Shannon Gilson said. "Every day American is committed to providing a positive, safe travel experience for everyone who flies with us."

The spokeswoman said the company plans to meet with NAACP officials about the incidents that prompted the advisory.

“All travelers must be guaranteed the right to travel without fear of threat, violence or harm,” said Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP. “The growing list of incidents suggesting racial bias reflects an unacceptable corporate culture and involves behavior that cannot be dismissed as normal or random.

“We expect an audience with the leadership of American Airlines to air these grievances and to spur corrective action,” he added. “Until these and other concerns are addressed, this national travel advisory will stand.”

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    damn.....im exec plat with them.

i know i get treated a bit different cuz of that.

but sometimes the initial greeting before they find that out is usually on some fukk ? ...but its the same with all airlines to me.

im just a dark ? who looks suspect
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? plz....it aint we talking McDonald's where u have a Burger King, Wendy s around the corner...if AA has the right price ? aint turning it down....more importantly ? can't come together to boil water
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lol ? plz....it aint we talking McDonald's where u have a Burger King, Wendy s around the corner...if AA has the right price ? aint turning it down....more importantly ? can't come together to boil water

bruh.....who scarred you when making rice?
    tell us about it.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kat Honest opinion! Do u think or hear frequently us blacks complain 2 much amongst ya white circle? Being black friendly, does it make u biased or no? I've dated interracially all my life and got ? on by the chicks folks so it'd be weird 2 watch the news with a chick of another race when a shooting happens and I have 2 hold my tongue for her feelings sake. I'd have 2 consider that out of respect 4 her bcuz I dam sure wouldn't tolerate no bad talk about us. Share ya thoughts when time permits.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @Kat Honest opinion! Do u think or hear frequently us blacks complain 2 much amongst ya white circle? Being black friendly, does it make u biased or no? I've dated interracially all my life and got ? on by the chicks folks so it'd be weird 2 watch the news with a chick of another race when a shooting happens and I have 2 hold my tongue for her feelings sake. I'd have 2 consider that out of respect 4 her bcuz I dam sure wouldn't tolerate no bad talk about us. Share ya thoughts when time permits.

If you have to hold your tongue around your girl, you may be with the wrong girl.
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @kat I don't have 2 but certain things grind my gears and I don't think it'd be healthy 2 fully vent 100% of the time. U didn't answer no ? I posed 2 U tho.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ok @rickmogul
    shoot ya shot...but you gon haffa stop summoning her ass.

jump in the ? like everyone else.
  • rickmogul
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead Gruetzi Wohl!! Sup fam. Ain't tryna holla, I ask ?'s like this sincerely.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead Gruetzi Wohl!! Sup fam. Ain't tryna holla, I ask ?'s like this sincerely.

aye....i only use gruetzi....not wohl. im american. i rather speak high german.

that ? irritates the hell outta swiss people when you say that.lol
  • rickmogul
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead U be up in2 those subtitled foreign film? If so we need 2 do a thread. The DM thing will make me feel like a creep that's Y I get @ her (Kat)in the open. Just curious questions. I'm not sure how to post like ya do that show's the person's post opposed to @'ing them. No troll.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kat 's messican.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats it!
    Are yall tired of this ? ?!

? trying to include ourselves in their ? . (& by their I mean white people ofcourse)
    We need to get our ? together and make our OWN airlines, our OWN schools, our OWN Financial district, our OWN Hospitals, our OWN NFL, our OWN police (black panthers had the right idea with creating their own militia), our OWN EVERYTHING!

When are we going to stop trying to fit in and live amongst these white folks when they will NEVER let us live?

Why keep crying about them not treating us fairly and us wanting to be a part of their ? when we can just have our own?

tenor.gif?itemid=5036391
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats it!

? trying to include ourselves in their ? . (& by their I mean white people ofcourse)
    We need to get our ? together and make our OWN airlines, our OWN schools, our OWN Financial district, our OWN Hospitals, our OWN NFL, our OWN police (black panthers had the right idea with creating their own militia), our OWN EVERYTHING!

When are we going to stop trying to fit in and live amongst these white folks when they will NEVER let us live?

Why keep crying about them not treating us fairly and us wanting to be a part of their ? when we can just have our own?

tenor.gif?itemid=5036391

U still tsa?
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Thats it!

tenor.gif?itemid=5036391

U still tsa?

Hell nah!

When I was working for em, the AA passengers were the WORST!

All entitled and ? !
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Thats it!

tenor.gif?itemid=5036391

3BelizePier2_000.jpg

I'll be waiting for y'all when you really get fed up.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    Thats it!

tenor.gif?itemid=5036391

3BelizePier2_000.jpg

I been fed up 2 years ago.
    What's good?

I can get down with my garifuna people from belize. After all, my parents are honduran garifunas.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Thats it!

tenor.gif?itemid=5036391

3BelizePier2_000.jpg

I been fed up 2 years ago.
    What's good?

I can get down with my garifuna people from belize. After all, my parents are honduran garifunas.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/562105/for-those-considering-blaxit-i-present-to-you-berlin

I posted up about it there. We're leaving next year. Getting everything squared away now. Gotta sell a bunch of ? we have in storage and figure out costs on shipping the rest there but we're out. My sister is talking about coming right behind us 'cause she has 3 sons and ain't trying to see if ? gets better for black folks here in the US. My stepfather (the pro-black radical that raised us) told us to "go and don't look back". He's retired and might come out after we get settled.

? this ? .
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This NAACP travel advisory ? they been doin lately is a gimmick. Why don't ya'll just save time and issue a warning for anybody darker than the Splash Brothers in all 50 states. Cornball burying-the-n-word ? like this is why they aren't as relevant as they used to be