what are your everyday stressors and how do you handle them?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
you ever have so many ideas and work to do but not enough time?

man...i got a list of ? i want to do but aint got the time to do it all.

i stay busy researching, incorporating, emailing, phone calling, scheduling and not enough time sleeping.

i cant be the only one like this.

i have prioritized but then i always got a new thing to add to the list to look up or whatever.

? right now i have like 15 tabs open, 2 word documents, 2 programs running, a stack of mail and 3 notepads next to my PC.

feel overwhelmed as fukk sometimes and refuse to stop cause failure then creeps up. or at least i think it will.

havent had a nice reset vacation in a few months..im overdue.

so how yall handle your everyday stresses?

me...i talk a long ass walk every few days...or act like an ass on the IC or shoot a few ? on a video game.

Comments

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My 4yo is a lot.

Between the screaming, ? -training, and general dissatisfaction with life, I smoke.

A LOT.

I'm working on sending him with his dad for a week or two next summer, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared.

But..I smoke, walk, journal and do my hair.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was gonna make a similar thread.. about handling stress(but was like ? it)

Work is stress. lack of communication.. alot of ? from sales reps/csr and cheap ass owners(i got a snarky email that made me want to knife this clown like 5 times in the stomach and punch him in the throat)

In the moment its annoying as ? .. but i take my stress ball it up and throw it away. i just let that ? go

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I go the gym to handlemy stress. Nothing compared to beung able to workout or play basketball. I forget about everything when I'm doing that
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I have a 5yr old and a 2yr old

And a prego gf

I drink

Next year, my kids will be 10, 5, and 1.

I feel you.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hell dealing w ? on my way to and from work

i smoke cigars and drink cognac daily to relax
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - I run a business where I'm conscious about getting duped on prices/quality of work, so I'm always triple checking ? .
    - GF with anxiety so I'm constantly having to keep myself level to support her or she melts down
    - Still answer to CaCs in the corporate job

Kick it w my homies, buy stuff i like. Wash my cars and take nighttime cruises make me feel good.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    - I run a business where I'm conscious about getting duped on prices/quality of work, so I'm always triple checking ? .
    - GF with anxiety so I'm constantly having to keep myself level to support her or she melts down

Kick it w my homies, buy stuff i like. Wash my cars and take nighttime cruises make me feel good.

i better not find out you one of those ? who cry in the dark at the back of the boat.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

but you right....? ,....i gotta deal with cacs as well.....they got PhDs an you cant tell them ? even tho they keep ? up until i arrive.

i always find it funny who these dudes can grow cancer or clone cells but cant fix a light bulb that aint centered.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i better not find out you one of those ? who cry in the dark at the back of the boat.

Lol no more small vessels for me or I literally will be laid out
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Gym.

say whaaaaaaaa

not you ?
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starting a new payroll company with my family, to help service our healthcare business. Trying to get everything organized and and setup systems for growth..along with building credit repair & real estate clientele. Kids are 4,3, 2weeks old.

But the main stressor is my corporate job.. Receiving e-mails about record profits, while the workload increases without a portion of that increase. Constant process changes and lack of control over my time.

I pray alot. I also like to organize stuff... That feeling of knowing where everything is calming. Setting goals has also been a big stress reliever. Reading my goals, then meditating on accomplishing them and visualizing...all help me out.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Xanax and shopping are my go to for stress relief

Sometimes kicking with my girl Mary helps too but I tend to rely on her for good times not stressful ones
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    music.. movies strip club shooting pool be my stress relief
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remind myself the planet is full of sleeping people who do not want to wake up.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cannabis and especially working out. You can blow off so much steam and feel a little more relaxed after.

When I have a 100 things, all I can do is just work through them one step at a time. Panic & stress will only make it worse.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dealing with white folks and the sneaky ? that they try to pull on the job daily.

I drink, have sex, smoke ? and buy things to relax
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aside from work being stressful and grinding it out to try n get more out of life (the common stress?)

I deal with a lot of ppl close to me with mental issues. Not ? or anything like that but like high depression, anxiety, drug addiction, personality changes.....all diff people.

For some reason i end up being one of the very few tryin to be there for everybody (fam, friends, even friends of friends who called me). i almost thought i should be a professional counselor.

I learned to stop forming destructive habits to cope with stress and try to replace it with beneficial habits like reading, walking (gym next)...i already like to take long drives. Come october 31 ill be cigarette free for a year.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@2stepz_ahead

Self-care is extremely important and I always make sure to do something for myself at least once a day.

I currently either write in my self-care journal which I recommend everyone look into (from knockknockstuff.com)
    m4uj45yvrssq.jpg
    mkua8yx6r9xy.jpg
    pil7260np9h7.jpg
    They have different versions and you can choose one that best fits your scenario.

I also write on my private blog, take luxurious bubble baths while blasting nostalgic 90s music, practice guitar using the Yousician app, or ? people on GTAV/play GTA Golf.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead

Self-care is extremely important and I always make sure to do something for myself at least once a day.

I currently either write in my self-care journal which I recommend everyone look into (from knockknockstuff.com)
    m4uj45yvrssq.jpg
    mkua8yx6r9xy.jpg
    pil7260np9h7.jpg
    They have different versions and you can choose one that best fits your scenario.

I also write on my private blog, take luxurious bubble baths while blasting nostalgic 90s music, practice guitar using the Yousician app, or ? people on GTAV/play GTA Golf.

thats great.

i can honestly say i dont do much for myself.
    even while most think im in the DR with hoes.....im actually there helping feed people an other work ? .

i get very little down time there or anywhere.

i used to take these trips to either the alps or the DR. and just completely go off the grid.

but for some reason...i havent dont that in a bit.

not sure why
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead

m4uj45yvrssq.jpg
    mkua8yx6r9xy.jpg
    pil7260np9h7.jpg

thats great.

even while most think im in the DR with hoes.....im actually there helping feed people an other work ? .

i used to take these trips to either the alps or the DR. and just completely go off the grid.

not sure why

It's easy getting caught up in life's demands but its always important to remember not to lose yourself in the process.

Try setting a daily alarm on your phone to remind you to do one thing for yourself that day. It'll also help if you have a list of things you could do so you're not stuck trying to think of what you would like to do.

Trust and believe that when I gave birth 6 weeks ago I was so mentally and physically exhausted that I wouldn't even have time to shower and take care of my basic needs.. but eventually I reminded myself that I can't be the best mother I can be if i'm not my best self. So I literally forced myself to shower and afterward I would feel so alive and recharged.

But yeah, treat yo self @2stepz_ahead . You'll thank yourself for it, I guarantee you.

zgjzu5utk5ef.gif

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead

m4uj45yvrssq.jpg
    mkua8yx6r9xy.jpg
    pil7260np9h7.jpg

thats great.

not sure why

It's easy getting caught up in life's demands but its always important to remember not to lose yourself in the process.

Try setting an alarm on your phone to remind you to do one thing for yourself that day. It'll also help if you have a list of things you could do so you're not stuck trying to think of what you would like to do.

Trust and believe that when I gave birth 6 weeks ago I was so mentally and physically exhausted that I wouldn't even have time to shower and take care of my basic needs.. but eventually I reminded myself that I can't be the best mother I can be if i'm not my best self. So I literally forced myself to shower and afterward I would feel so alive and recharged.

But yeah, treat yo self @2stepz_ahead . You'll thank yourself for it, I guarantee you.

giphy.gif

you had a another kid?

well congratz.

yea....im trying.

my doctor once prescribed me ambien cause i couldnt sleep...man that ? .
    i started to fight the ambien to make one last phone call...one last email....one last IC post.

the next day ? was telling me i sounded crazy...i was typing crazy....emailing crazy...but when you high..the ? looks legit...lol

but im am trying to calm down.