https://youtu.be/sVVxgyykLXg
Youtube comments
2g96et4jnf6q.png
9rtrvbc28bfp.png
3a02gttc3n6n.png

Fair or Foul: Müller 5 Grains "i got 5 on it" TV Ad 25 votes

Fair
80%
dontdiedontkillanyonanduinLcnsdbyROYALTYbigbird_1unspoken_respectWill Munnygeronimo220Mister B.ShizlanskyValentinez A. KaiserCottonCitySlimCashmoneyDuxLUClENonetoughmiracleKingFreemanHundredEyes TheGOATkid_khameleonDoubleShotHelixGermz101 20 votes
Foul
20%
dwade206blakfyahkingMECCA1000Max.cuttybang 5 votes

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    What’s the problem?

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    What’s the problem?
    Seen complaints on IG of it being racist

Youtube comments on the video too

...i laughed
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's fair it's just a dumb commercial that's not funny so that's the foul part
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is hilarious. And to be fair, it's mostly just playing on the idea of adding the 'Five Grains' to their yogurt or pudding or rice or whatever, and appealing to young people by using Luniz.

I think to really be mad about it, you'd probably have to ask blacks in the UK, since this is a product being sold in the UK by a German company.

The 'Five Grains' btw, have a fascinating position in Chinese history:

The sense of holiness or sacredness regarding the Five Grains proceeds from their traditional ascription to the saintly rulers credited for creating China's civilization. They were seen not merely as five crops chosen from many options but as the source permitting agrarian society and civilization itself. "Squandering the Five Grains" was seen as a sin worthy of torment in Diyu, the Chinese hell.

As the position of emperor was seen as an embodiment of this society, one's behavior towards the Five Grains could take on political meaning: as a protest against the overthrow of the Shang Dynasty by the Zhou, Boyi and Shuqi ostentatiously refused to eat the Five Grains. Such rejections of the grains for political reasons underwent a complex development into the concept of bigu, the esoteric Taoist practice of achieving immortality by avoiding certain foods.

Oh, and if you're gonna be mad, be mad at the Chief Marketing Officer, Michael Inpong. This guy:

Michael-Inpong-600x460.jpg

• geeboy
    geeboy Members Posts: 606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world in general is such a ? nowadays. Mufuckas get tight bout every lil thing. Can't make a commercial using a classic rap song which could be beneficial to some og rap ? . Can't even call ? ? ? no more!
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were higher than 2012 gas prices when they made that ? .
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folks worship us behind closed doors. Trust me!
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are the highest spending power in the country, of course we gonna get ? like this "aimed" at our audience.

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be less funny if the bears acted like any other race
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt listen but sounds like they stealing the Luniz work. Royalties come to mind, at the very least.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    geeboy wrote: »
    The world in general is such a ? nowadays. Mufuckas get tight bout every lil thing. Can't make a commercial using a classic rap song which could be beneficial to some og rap ? . Can't even call ? ? ? no more!

It's crazy how the word ? has almost disappeared ,you don't even hear in stand up comedies or hear it in movies as much.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Didnt listen but sounds like they stealing the Luniz work. Royalties come to mind, at the very least.

Met Yukmouth back in 2010, he told me that they dont get royalties for I got 5 on it or the first album.

Only show money. They didn't get a penny for the record sales either.

He was 17-16 when he signed the contract and didn't read it. One of the first ones to get ? by the industry.

one of the first???

"We had a ? up contract but we signed it/and dropped the hip-hop album Criminal Minded" - KRS-ONE

a lot of cats from the 80's ain't gettin nary a dime from their early work.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    Yo. As long as the Luniz got a check from it, I'm letting it rock.

? , these cacs steal everything that ain't nailed down, tho....
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair

Met Yukmouth back in 2010, he told me that they dont get royalties for I got 5 on it or the first album.

He was 17-16 when he signed the contract and didn't read it. One of the first ones to get ? by the industry.

damn shame.....I was gonna say if Luniz eating off this (pun intended), then get that money, but they're not
  • konceptjones
    Options

also worth mentioning that if they didn't recoup the money the label sank into the project then it makes sense that they didn't see a dime for it. The prolly signed over their publishing rights for the record too.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

also worth mentioning that if they didn't recoup the money the label sank into the project then it makes sense that they didn't see a dime for it. The prolly signed over their publishing rights for the record too.

The contract literally stated that they will only get paid for shows. And they will only get like 20 percent or something.

They never read it until the album dropped smh.

Yuk could've been caking on that song his entire life like some one hit wonders do.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    didnt watch but this reminded me of the burger king flat top commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwfMrCvuQA

they slid that ? in there so quick I almost choked when I saw it

I just wanna know who was in the board room like "lets go with the Tupac flow....hell yeah"

all 40-50-something year old white folks love Pac. That was targeted marketing at it's finest.
  • konceptjones
    Options

The contract literally stated that they will only get paid for shows. And they will only get like 20 percent or something.

They never read it until the album dropped smh.

Yuk could've been caking on that song his entire life like some one hit wonders do.

anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair
    Oh well. If they don’t own it don’t get mad