And Another One.....Senator Al Franken Apologizes For Groping Woman On USO Tour

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a big deal because he's a senator.
    From the pic I can't tell if he's even making contact with her jacket.

It looks like a pic you'd take with a female friend. They might have been on good terms at the time and he thought it wouldn't be a big deal.

He was wrong (or shes just cashing in on the current climate). Either way, he accepted responsibility
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Stuart Smalley gets a lifetime pass in my book

That was one of the best SNL characters during that era. Completely dead on satire. Made me a fan. Also had one of the better SNL movies.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trump trollin Franken on twitter. lol smh
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    These dudes just need to stop apologizing to these broads and fight back. ? prove that ? or I'm suing your ass for slander, libel, and defamation of character.
    171116113211-al-franken-leeann-tweeden-2006-large-169.jpg
    blackrain wrote: »
    These dudes just need to stop apologizing to these broads and fight back. ? prove that ? or I'm suing your ass for slander, libel, and defamation of character.

Do you not see the picture of him grabbing her right above your post?

I'm speaking in general terms, not just about Al Franken. But even in his case, does the pic tell the whole story? Was she asleep or did she blink? If you gonna come out years after-the-fact and claim some ? you had better have more than a pic of the person in question grabbing handfuls of body armor.

? ...

200.gif

i read this in a republicans voice
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

That was one of the best SNL characters during that era. Completely dead on satire. Made me a fan. Also had one of the better SNL movies.

The best SNL movie imo

Between that and Waynes World
  • Broddie
    Options

The best SNL movie imo

Between that and Waynes World

The Blues Brothers >>>>>>
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Never seen the Blue Bros... Only parts here & there. And even then im not sure if i was watching 1 or 2
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm speaking in general terms, not just about Al Franken. But even in his case, does the pic tell the whole story? Was she asleep or did she blink? If you gonna come out years after-the-fact and claim some ? you had better have more than a pic of the person in question grabbing handfuls of body armor.

You ruined this with did she blink
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"? prove it"
    *sees picture of proof*
    *Well I mean he grabbing her ? but she got a shirt on. That don't count"

The pic shows him as if he were going to grab her ? but it doesn't look like he's touching them at all.

What she has on is more than a "shirt". @Black_Samson, correct me if I'm wrong all Al would have grabbed would have been handfuls of a thick ass 11lb ballistic plate. Yes what he did was crass, but he would have never physically touched her ? , or anything even resembling a ? had he even made contact.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

"? prove it"
    *sees picture of proof*

The pic shows him as if he were going to grab her ? but it doesn't look like he's touching them at all.

What she has on is more than a "shirt". @Black_Samson, correct me if I'm wrong all Al would have grabbed would have been handfuls of a thick ass 11lb ballistic plate. Yes what he did was crass, but he would have never physically touched her ? , or anything even resembling a ? had he even made contact.

You pretending to be dense to try and stretch this..you know what he was doing or implying...she is clearly sleep in the pic...so because he didn't touch her it gets a pass?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"? prove it"
    *sees picture of proof*

You pretending to be dense to try and stretch this..you know what he was doing or implying...she is clearly sleep in the pic...so because he didn't touch her it gets a pass?

He's a comedian doing some funny ? on some "hey look at me being funny" steez. Yes, he get's a pass.
  • FedeRICO_Fellini
    FedeRICO_Fellini Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Why is this shocking

Most white men are Sexual Predators

Facts
  • TheGOAT
    Options

"? prove it"
    *sees picture of proof*

U cant "? " someone if u didnt even touch them.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it's ? Trump and administration around these parts but Mike Pence saying he's never alone w/ a woman ain't looking so dumb now.

PlushGlamorousAlaskanmalamute-max-1mb.gif

Especially since it was liberals that mocked and made fun of him for it, now it mostly liberals getting caught up in this ? .

• Broddie
    Options
    I know it's ? Trump and administration around these parts but Mike Pence saying he's never alone w/ a woman ain't looking so dumb now.

Especially since it was liberals that mocked and made fun of him for it, now it mostly liberals getting caught up in this ? .

I'm not even high fiving women who I don't ? anymore. That ? is technically a slap. Can't be too careful out there.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not even high fiving women who I don't ? anymore. That ? is technically a slap. Can't be too careful out there.

i was talking bout these girls i hang with......i was like back in day u in a party u see a thick chick dancing u just walk over there and grab her by the hips then whisper some ? in her ears......this is sexual misconduct and etc...by 2017 standard every body at the Jamaican dancehalls would be ?
  • Broddie
    edited November 2017
    Options

i was talking bout these girls i hang with......i was like back in day u in a party u see a thick chick dancing u just walk over there and grab her by the hips then whisper some ? in her ears......this is sexual misconduct and etc...by 2017 standard every body at the Jamaican dancehalls would be ?

No way in hell you can whine down with a chick you don't know in this climate. No way. I'm carribbean and even all these dominican, trini, guyanese, jamaican and puerto ricans I hang around in the party scene when I do partake are falling for the white woman's propaganda.

That's why I don't even do house parties anymore. Like a ? is even afraid to take a ? chick home nowadays after a jump off. Call it paranoia but it's real. I was at a local latin lounge the other night for someone's birthday. I don't club anymore unless it's an event like that.

I went to high school with the bouncer and he let me through with my mini vape. I'm laying in the cut at a table with a couple broads and some mutual homies. They're on the ? yapping. I'm vaping and drinking some rum surveiling the scene. It's one of those spots with go go girls shaking their ass every 15 minutes.

EVERYBODY and I do mean everybody is either:

1) On their phone recording themselves or texting

2) Hitting ?

3) Standing around talking or swaying (not even a two step)

I was like "damn no wonder NYC nightlife today is dying. These 20 year old kids ain't livening up the party. They're buzzkills." I mean even as far back as 10 years back they'd all be getting it in on the dance floor when not sipping a drink or using the bathroom.

Then it dawned on me to THEM that IS the definition of a live party. Dancing is such an intimate act that in their eyes dancing with a stranger is a form of sexual assault. Where as to people my age (34) and older dancing with a stranger was just having a good time.

Sometimes you'd go home with them or exchange numbers. Sometimes you wouldn't. Even when you didn't you enjoyed that moment you had together just cutting loose and vibing with the song. Letting the rhythm guide you.

It's crazy how non-autonomous, impersonal, stagnantly bored and monotonously robotic the youth has become today cause of this unreasonable think tank they've all dived in. Is it a wonder that they're having trouble bonding and forming relationships with each other. Let alone mating.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Man if they discussed the amount of women that sexually harass men at the workplace the tables would turn. I work with a bunch of women and they ? they do and say, I even had a broad feel me up multiple times, but men are predators

So true.

Way too many women felt free to touch me awkardly at work in the past. Feeling up my arm or grabbing my shoulder in a convo, flirting with colorful dialogue or greeting me with hugs and cheek kisses outta nowhere when I barely knew them. I didn't run to HR about it though. I kept my distance and started communicating how much I value my personal space.

A lot weren't even old or ugly but that kinda random assertiveness from a virtual stranger is definitely something that could be off putting. At the same time it's a part of life. Unless they pulled out my ? or forced a ? in my mouth there are more important things for me to worry about.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i hear that.. but its a different world between men and womens circumstances. were women can feel threatened/insecure.. we process ? different and just the inherent advantages of men and how men and women are socialized because we are men and they are women make it easy for us to deal with certain type of situations ..

On another note the training they are talking about its ridiculous because people talk that ? as a joke it is a joke.. you shouldnt have to take a class to know what boundaries their should be and whats acceptable.. but they should use these "trainings" as a vehicle to expell people for their conduct.. if you go through "training" it should be like an "oath" and if you break that that you should be expelled for abuses..

a concern is a "i feared for my life equivalent" though...
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Gonna get to a point where all these clubs are basically just gonna be lounges. No more dancing, or you’re going to have to wait until the girl comes up to you and says you can dance with her. Even then, you’re going to have to make sure she isn’t ? . It’s just too risky. These white women and the minority women trying to follow them.

Don’t get me started on the ? that women be doing on the job. Just last week, I had two older women come up to me and hint at some sexual ? and would do that all day long and just laugh. I ain’t gone lie, I wanted to talk that talk back, but it’s too risky. I played it off each time, and I wouldn’t dare go to HR, because they not really doing no harm. In today’s climate, though, it’s probably smart to say something.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Gonna get to a point where all these clubs are basically just gonna be lounges. No more dancing, or you’re going to have to wait until the girl comes up to you and says you can dance with her. Even then, you’re going to have to make sure she isn’t ? . It’s just too risky. These white women and the minority women trying to follow them.

Don’t get me started on the ? that women be doing on the job. Just last week, I had two older women come up to me and hint at some sexual ? and would do that all day long and just laugh. I ain’t gone lie, I wanted to talk that talk back, but it’s too risky. I played it off each time, and I wouldn’t dare go to HR, because they not really doing no harm. In today’s climate, though, it’s probably smart to say something.

Man I've had a woman straight up tell me she just wanted to ? , that's it that's all. Women get away with a lot of ? , but I've always been on my guard against this type of ? , and it can get bad or worse if you reject them, You ass up in HR because you said no to some ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shiiiit i be having to talk myself OUT of ? at work , Hassan is right on this one
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Man if they discussed the amount of women that sexually harass men at the workplace the tables would turn. I work with a bunch of women and they ? they do and say, I even had a broad feel me up multiple times, but men are predators

Women are highly inappropriate at work but it's not exactly the same thing