The emasculation of the Black Man continues...

Options
konceptjones
konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
I've been meaning to post this for about two weeks now and was going through my phone looking at pics I took and ran across this ? :

The wife and I were at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and she needed eyeliner or something like that so we head over to the makeup section. While she was looking for what she needed I was looking at their clippers, thinking it's about time I finally replace the Wahl and Conair joints I bought about 25 years ago. She called me over to help her grab something and while she was looking at it I looked around and saw this:

20171105_155725.jpg

Keep looking... Look at every face one by one and you'll see it.

See that ? ??? See how slick that ? is? You might miss it if you were just taking a glance at it but me being the type to look at which Black women are being included in advertising like this ran across a Black man... Ain't no White dude in that ? , ain't no Asian or Latino cat in that ? , nope but they sure as ? used Black man to advertise makeup for women. I've always said on here that there's been an effort to undermine the perception that the Black Man is the epitome of masculinity and ? like this pretty much confirms that.

I'm not sure which is worse tho: The fact that they did this ? , or that the ? in the pic agreed to it.

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

I maintain my ? on the reg. Only reason I wanna replace 'em is because they both have a short in the power cord and I'm tired of trying to figure out which way to tape that ? so they don't shut off while I'm in the middle of cutting my ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You've never been in a make-up store. Men are now apart of their staff and promotional posters. Not just black men, either, all men.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The more I look at ? like this the more I see it’s a war on men.

You know what? I don't know if it's a war on men or men are just becoming weirdos by traditional standards. These dudes been out here wearing makeup for a while. The fact that they just now started putting it into marketing doesn't really change that.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The more I look at ? like this the more I see it’s a war on men.

You know what? I don't know if it's a war on men or men are just becoming weirdos by traditional standards. These dudes been out here wearing makeup for a while. The fact that they just now started putting it into marketing doesn't really change that.

It's expected, though. In the past few years homosexuality, and everything with that, has become more accepted in our society. So, you're going to see more homosexual men on tv, movies and in stores like this.

If this was 20 years ago, you wouldn't see this. You would see ? men, trannys etc but not in ads, movies and tv shows. That ? was not common then.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    You've never been in a make-up store. Men are now apart of their staff and promotional posters. Not just black men, either, all men.

You're right, I've had no reason to go into a makeup store and the only real reason I go into that section of Walmart, Target, or the like is because my wife can't stand on her own. If it wasn't for that I'd stand out side of that area and shoot the ? with every other cat waiting for their wives.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    The white person above the black dude is trans...just sayin
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Exactly..men are emasculating themselves.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    25 year old clippers? Them blades gotta be rusty and yo hairline gotta have jagged edges

gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

Always SMMH at that gif!
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s difference between emasculating yourself and your race being represented on public platforms as dumb, feminine, a joke, drug dealer, junkie, flunkie more often than a well respected/ put together man...

We just want regular brothers on tv that represent the general or average african American male, it’s so many ? and feminine ? on tv people will associate this ? with being a black man....just your everyday brother not a soft over dramatic acting female no make up wearing metrosexual...no over aggressive fake thug...no ? with 2-4 kids....just a everyday dude trynna make it...

But all we see is the Tyler Perry lee Daniels representation...and now the new age But still misleading representation of a fake black middle class that is often seen in issa raes works of art..... but
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop watching idiocy on TV
    Stop byuing intensive make up and dont waist your time there.

Simple as that.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »

gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif

Always SMMH at that gif!

So let's say you're at a funeral and that ? were to happen... do you clap? What's the correct protocol?

I'd get up and leave. I paid my respects.

I will say this if I know the person well enough to come to the conclusion this is something they would've wanted or be OK with I wouldn't leave but I damn for sure ain't clapping for it.

Here is the whole video. I never saw it before. That ? is insane to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKu3eB7owV4
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaan..what if them shoes hit the carpet wrong and they dropped that casket..
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif
    I always picture the casket slipping and dropping when they turn lmao.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

gopp6vxmmzjd.jpeg

0ekvmvkd6iy3.gif
    I always picture the casket slipping and dropping when they turn lmao.

I betting at least one ? there was praying it would. lol